Omega Hydra

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Mar 12, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Does anyone feel like TFW has taken a nosedive recently? I mean I like it here, I get to talk to a couple of dudes about some plastic toys, and all that whatnot...

But, in the coined phrase "The Negative is always more vocal then the positive." It seems there is a growing shitstorm of an over analyzing of every single aspect of Transformers, and a growing rate of: "Is X a Y?" "Do you like X?" "Is X okay if you W?".

Now this is fine and dandy. Hell, I am probably the bulk of retarded threads about completely meaningless shit. However... It seems there is a general decline in conversational threads, and more... questioning of opinion of... Opinions.

Now, I know that is what a forum is for. To discuss...everything. Everything. Everything. Everything. However, I think it has gotten to the point where... the "I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens." ship has sailed in movie/toy/prime thread, and really I think the question of "Is octamis praim a truk or dah munkah?", and "whr dah dino @" has been asked. To death bro. It hurts.

Though the only solution to that would be is just to have a "theorists and Questions" Sub-forum of something of the ilk, that could be made up of various categories based on all various spectrums of the Transformers Universe. Just a thought anyways.

Obviously though, I do find pleasure in this website or else I wouldn't even bother. It is just more of a mild thing that I have begun to notice... as if the Movie forum is becoming a Hydra and it is growing heads on other sections of the site...and creating a Super Hydra, that will soon leech onto other Transformers sites, and then branch onto Youtube, and through Youtube... They discover that Tokusatsu is a thing! And from there? The woooooorld!!! Until finally the Omega Hydra begins a rampage on Tokyo and all that is left to blame is those damn'd scientists who played god... and a director who made a couple of well selling shitty movies.

Either that or... Y'know. It remains a mild irritant that really doesn't effect anyone in the slightest... but y'know... Omega Hydra sounds soooo much cooler.

Also, totally don't mean to step on any-ones toes or point fingers... Just I feel like expressing some thoughts I have been having parts of TFW as of late. I know i'm probably in the wrong, but. What do ya'll think?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I'm still very confused after going through the post 3 times.

3. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome to the Internet. Although it's nice to have civil discussions online, it's inevitable that there will be trolls and/or immature/stupid people everywhere. I do agree that this site, especially the Movie forum, does have some stupid, repetitive threads, but I wouldn't say it's getting out of hand. I do think that the Movie forum shouldn't be closed anytime soon, though, since otherwise TFGD would be flooded with all those threads.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    At least it's not the Prime forum from a while back. Remember all of the "I <3 X character" or "Should X be kicked off the show or "Should X go out with Y?"

5. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Oh god. Don't get me started on the fucking Miko/Arcee threads...

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I believe that you're forgetting someone.

7. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Here's a hint, he's a guy who happens to like giant japanese monsters ..... and Arcee. A lot.

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    You're getting colder.

9. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been a bit more distant than I used to be because of the surplus of negative/ignorant posters. Like the others said each forum has its own repetitive demon. 3rd party forums biggest one for me is "This classics megatron doesn't fit in with masterpiece" or "MP megatron is soo much better than this".

Just people who won't have an open mind about new ideas or changes in characters/design to modernize them or make them more believable characters really annoy me.

10. Quantum25

:banghead:  Sorry, I thought you were referring to the regular poster in any thread that even mentions TFP Arcee. :eek: 
    Then again, I try to avoid the Prime forum as much as possible so I guess that's why I'm unaware of which threads I should be annoyed at.

Um, Starscream, Soundwave, or Steve?

Back to the OP's post before he lost me half way through, I just accepted the fact we do indeed have growing number of negative/ignorant posters. As the fandom grows, so will its idiotic side. I just try to stick to the threads I like and avoid any conflict as much as possible since well I'm a bit tired of having to explain why it's okay to have a differing, reasonable opinion.

11. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Neither. I'm talking about June.

12. Quantum25

^ I assume it's a good thing I've literally haven't noticed any of the threads about her.

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think it's like this everywhere. The longer you spend on a site after like 2-3 months, the less "fresh" everything seems, and thus, you start to notice it for what it is... and that's a hobby forum with a LOT of stupid shit festering mixed into the good stuff that you come here for. Not sure what else to say except that if you have an idea to make things better then talk to a staff member about it, and to just ignore the topics you don't like. Anything else will simply be a waste of your time & energy, the biggest of which being to complain or even get worked up over it.

/2cents

14. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great month!