Omega 0ne's Game Room Display and TF Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Omega 0ne, May 22, 2015.

1. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Last gallery update for now:

Titans Return Titan Master Apeface, Terri-bull, & Skytread (Flywheels)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Flying alt modes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Apeface with TR Deluxe Brainstorm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Terri-bull with TR Deluxe Blurr
    [​IMG]
    Skytread (Flywheels) with TR Deluxe Chromedome
    [​IMG]
    Hostile takeover
    [​IMG]
    Weaponized
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Titans Return Deluxe Class Hardhead and Furos
    I'm currently on vacation and I decided to pick this guy up on a whim since I saw that Deluxes had dropped down to ten bucks. My initial impressions weren't very great after handling him compared to my experience with the Blurr, Brainstorm, and Chromedome molds. Several areas on my copy are loose and floppy (especially the elbows), but nothing too bad that a little polish won't fix. What he does have going for him is a simple straightforward transformation along with some nicely sculpted details which are brought to life with a bit of panel lining. Overall I would rate him my least favorite of the Deluxes I own, but he's not a terrible figure by any means and is worth adding to your collection to fill out the Headmaster ranks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. appchasers

appchasers Well-Known Member

Been spending time going through all your awesome pictures. Great job! Have you panel lined Wolfwire yet? I would love to know your technique. Do you use Gundam markers?

4. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Thanks for comments. Sorry, but I currently don't own Wolfwire. Fansproject Quad U is my current stand in for Weirdwolf. There are a few pics of him if you go back through my gallery.

As for my panel lining technique? There's not much I can really say, but I do have an art background which helps I guess? It just takes a steady hand, lots of patience, a meticulous attention to detail (going over every visible minute small thing), and practice. I primarily use a 0.3mm mechanical pencil for light colored surfaces, fined tipped black or grey Gundam marker pens for bold lines, and Gundam paint markers for minor color apps. To correct any mistakes I use a combo of my fingertips, an X-Acto knife (for hard to reach places), and a wet napkin (with some solvent or rubbing alcohol in extreme cases). I don't really like to use brushes and I don't have a dedicated studio area to make messes, so I avoid doing washes (which would be quicker).

I'm sure you could easily look up some online tutorials from far better model builders and customizers, but I hope that helps!

5. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Hallmark Itty Bittys Soundwave
    After seeing these up on the front page I knew I had to have this guy. I have a soft spot for anything Super Deformed or Chibi, and with Soundwave being one of my favorite Cons this hit all the right marks. He's so adorably angry!

286 (1).JPG

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  6. appchasers

appchasers Well-Known Member

Awesome tips! I appreciate it. And keep up the good work. Your stuff looks great!

7. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Some quick collection updates:

IronFactory IF EX-15 Soul Reaper (Black Shadow) & IF EX-19 Shadow Tengu (Sixshot)
    My mini trio of IDW Phase Sixers is now complete!
    [​IMG]141 (1) by Omega 0ne, on Flickr

Mastermind Creations Reformatted R-19 Kultur (IDW Tarn)
    [​IMG]137 (1a) by Omega 0ne, on Flickr

Closeup of his custom modded faceplate (scars, panel lining, reflective eye insert)
    [​IMG]010 (2) by Omega 0ne, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dalzmac83

Dalzmac83 Active Member

Awesome collection.

9. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

It's been a while since I've posted, so here's a quick collection update:

Titans Return Deluxe Triggerhappy and Blowpipe, Titan Master Overboard (Overkill), and my three other Decepticon Titan Masters using Leader class Sky Shadow & Ominus in base mode
    142 (1).JPG

10. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

I also picked up a TR Legends Kickback this past March. I finally have a complete set of Insecticons!
    143 (1).JPG

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  11. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

Dude, your collection inspired me. I always used to think "this shelf needs to be Masterpiece only!" And "this shelf is for Autobots, this one is for Decepticons!" But seeing how nice your collection looks with them all put together into a kind of scene looks so cool!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Thanks for the comments, glad you like it. I really just threw my display together without too much thought (and also due to space constraints). It has changed over the years as I got new figures, but I guess the main things that I have stuck to are that each individual figure can be seen from a certain angle and that everything looks cohesive or visually interesting. Some people might think that it's a bit busy (but they aren't the ones viewing it every single day!) And having my collection all stiff and rigidly lined up seems boring and counter-intuitive to me. If I had more room I'm sure I would separate stuff into categories, but it is what it currently is.

13. Toddimus Prime

Toddimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Omega One, your work is amazing...I could never bring myself to do this to my figures, but I love how yours look. I could look at them all day. The ink really brings out the finer details of the sculpts wonderfully...

It's a shame that sculptors' amazing work gets lost because of a lack of paint apps...

14. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Thanks, I appreciate the comments! It's that extra touch that really makes each figure shine. I tend to like all those little technical details that get incorporated into each mold, so why not highlight them? Some people may not have the time or patience to do it (or even think it's busy looking), but at the end of the day it's my collection and my personal preference.

15. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Hasbro Titans Return Deluxe Hot Rod & Firedrive
    I forgot I got this guy over two months ago. It's an okay figure that needs some detailing and additional paint apps and it has an advantage over the Classsics version in size and articulation. He's currently standing in for my IDW MTMTE Rodimus until I obtain MMC's Calidus.

144 (1).JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Toddimus Prime

Toddimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Amen, brother...makes it all more personal and unique. You're the one building and looking at this collection every day, so why not make it yours and put your personal touch on it? It definitely stands-out from the identical collections the rest of us have. (lol) Good for you, bud...

17. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Don't think I've commented here before, but you've got a pretty sweet setup going on here! For a mostly Masterpiece + Generations-based collection, the mix of some figures makes for some neat variety! Really good stuff, man! :D 

18. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

May collection updates:

Titans Return Legends Class Brawn

This little bruiser is definitely a great figure if your into mini-bots. Not to mention he's got thigh swivels and hinge/ball shoulder joints, which is a welcome addition on such a small figure!
    151 (1).JPG
    Titans Return Deluxe Class Quake, Perceptor, Topspin, and Kup
    - Quake's sweet headsculpt and paintjob totally own the mold, and I much prefer them over Hardhead
    - Perceptor is pretty boss and it's nice to have a microscope alt mode again. I remember playing with the G1 toy as a child so this was an insta-buy
    - Topspin may just surpass Triggerhappy as the best overall deluxe figure in the line, he's exceptional and also brings back fond memories of playing with the old G1 Jumpstarter
    - Kup took a while for me to like him. Out of the package he was a floppy mess, his Titan Master wouldn't plug securely in alt mode, and I wasn't sure if I liked the lighter colors. But once I fixed his joints, transformed and started posing him, he grew on me.
    149 (1).JPG

Kup's headsculpt is really nice and I like his dual weapons, plus he looks great among his fellow Wreckers and Hot Rod
    152 (1).JPG

Gah, I've now got a crazy backlog of figures that I want to detail/panel line (over 12!) It's going to take me while to go through them all...

• Like Like x 3
  19. Venixion

Venixion So-Cal Girl

News Credits:
    Holy Canoli! :drool: 

20. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Titans Return Titan Master Brawn
    I got a mini Brawn to pilot Legends Brawn, so he can Brawn while showing off his Brawn by brandishing his oversized TM weapon. (Overcompensate much little guy?)
    154.JPG

Combiner Wars Legends Chopshop

I found this guy randomly on the shelves last month when I bought Quake. I didn't think I needed another Insecticon, but his paint scheme and headsculpt won me over
    161.JPG
    With the original G1 trio
    158.JPG

• Like Like x 1