Old news credit?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Allsparky, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Hey guys I've got this old news credit, in the form of a little symbol, under my avatar. I can't remember why I recieved this or what it was for as it happened earlier on in my joining of this site. Anyways, the point was never converted over to News Credits: 1 like I see in some other members boxes. This has drug out for nearly two years partly because I only think about it every so often, and partly because when I do remember I don't get around to asking about it. Have I lost the reward of this old news credit? Was there something I should've done way back when? Just curious is all. Thanks for any info and support that can be offered up guys.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    We didn't make news credits retroactive. After 2 years, it's a bit late. Sorry.

3. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Well fair enough but what should I have done to convert to News Credit:1? Are you supposed to click on the little balance symbol when it appears to get a point. Just in case I ever land another one in my lifetime lol.

4. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Well nevermind I guess. I just looked at Quick FAQ and it says if a member posts a thread in News and Rumors and it gets frontpaged then you get a news credit point. Like I said I can't remember what I did to get that little balance symbol in my avatar box (next to the little green box that shows if you're online). I darn sure don't remember getting anything frontpaged, that's for sure. I was just wondering why that symbol says to give a News Credit Point to Allsparky when I place the mouse over it.

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    That little "weight" symbol was part of a "reputation" system that we used to have for the members here. People were able to give you "reputation points" if they liked your posts, or actually knock you reputation if they didn't.

It was a fun system, but became abused, and a lot of socially inept people were unable to handle "getting bad reputation" and felt singled out, etc. etc. etc., blah blah blah. When we revamped the site, we changed it up and turned it in to a "news credit" system instead, so instead of saying "You have 3000 positive reputation!" it would now say "You have 3000 news credits!".

The reason YOU can see it is because that is a feature that cannot be turned "invisible" for board members without also making it "invisible" for those of us (News Staff, Super Mods, Admins) that hand out those news credits.

6. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

AH I see. Ok, that's cool. Now it all makes sense. Thank you so much Kickback for clarifying that and thanks to Joe too. Ok, I'm good. Now I can sleep at night lol, but definately won't bug you guys anymore. Peace.