old megatron vs new megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by optimusprime42, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    He got lucky, I say. And the Decepticons seem to have sheer numbers on their size (judging by the number of generic Decepticons in his army).

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Personally I guess I'd go with the Sherman. It had a higher kill rate than the Sheridans if I remember correctly, so if you classify "better" as "able to kill more Nazi shitbags" then I'd go with the Sherman. That isn't to say that the Sheridan wasn't good. There were some problems with it, sure, but every tank does really. Besides, the Sheridan was only really used for fours years of the Cold War during the Vietnam Conflict, as opposed to the Sherman which saw action in World War II and the Korean Conflict. Meh. Maybe if the Sheridan stayed around longer it would have proven even better than it was. I think there were about fifty of them during the Gulf War too... Eventually though they got phased out for the Abrams tanks (which are fucking awesome).

Now that I think about it, Warpath resembles the Pershing a bit too.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

He did that, you know. Not a small thing. I think only BM Megs got close to that.

4. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Didn't they already own it barring some Fembot resistance?

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If you go by the cartoon, he was a complete turnip head. If you go by the comics, on the other hand, that's a totally different matter. He was a ruthless, callous, cold hearted, supremacist monster. He didn't posture, he didn't make grandiose speeches that let his opponents gain the upper hand. He was EXACTLY what a Megatron SHOULD be.
    He still killed him. THAT'S what counts.
    It doesn't change the fact that he remains the only Decepticon leader to have personally disposed of at leat 2 Prime Autobots.
    Besides; in the great scheme of things, they ALL lost. Not one Decepticon leader's plans have ever come to fruition and stayed that way.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Yeah, I based on the cartoon, since that's what most people associate TF with.

You know, I think the cartoon Megatron that's had the longest sucess streak has been Armada and Energon Megatron. There were several episodes that ended with him winning in sucession.

7. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

As Colbalt Agent pointed out G1 Megatron is the one who ruled over Cybertron, he also taxed alien planets throughout the galaxy and reduced the Autobots to a small group of rebels who were struggling for survival. According to which G1 plot line you choose to follow, he can be the Decepticon who in fact created the Decepticon movement, or the Decepticon who freed all Transformers from their Quintession masters. I dont follow many post G1 TF shows, but it seems like they always depict the Decepticons as bumbling clowns who are always on the losing side of any endeavor. Many of G1 Megatrons plans did work. He even convinced the human race to kick all of the Autobots off of the Earth. What about his ability to create Black Holes? If you dont want to give Megatron credit in defeating Optimus in TFTM, you can look back on the G1 Marvel comic where Megatron defeats Predaking all by himself. Predaking has no know weaknesses.
    G1 Megatron never died, but in fact bartered his way to being upgraded into a better model. He outlasted Unicron, and being true to himself tried to take control over Unicron. Galvatron was shown destroying entire planets in more than one episode.
    Beast Wars Megatron's greatest plan/greatest moment was actually a plan concieved by G1 Megatron (Golden Disk).