Minor/Repaint: Old Man...errr Bot Magnus...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Stormvapor, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

This is a WIP of an idea I had for a story emulating Old Man Logan.
    Essentially, I envision him as a "retired" and jaded bot. Realizing his job as Marshall was futile as the never ending war with the Decepticons continued to wage. Magnus found that he fought because he was trying to hold onto Cybertron's past. Thus he removed himself from the equation, by going to a place he always felt solace... Earth.
    Once on Earth, he retreated into seclusion in a small town in the Mid-West United States. There he took the form of a rundown pickup-tow truck, acting as the town's protector (old habits die hard). Magnus has formally declared that he would terminate any Con or Bot that would put this small town into jeopardy.
    This is going to basically be a repaint of TF: movie Longarm to look more gritty, while still retaining his colour motif, albeit with some distinct changes. I also swapped his head with a Prime's as I figure, hew would not be using his armour in his retirement (or would he).
    To me, a retired Ultra Magnus as a tow truck makes a lot of sense from a car carrier.

anyway, here is what I've got so far:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Love the look, and the concept. My only complaint is that the Longarm/Hoist mould has horrible hands, so I hope you replace them. Also, the Maketoys head suits nicely for some reason.

3. Cheetimus Prime

Cheetimus Prime Lost Spark

Fun! I always liked that mold!
    Which Prime head is that?

4. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great idea. Can't wait to see it done. I too, really like that Longarm mold.

5. lhandlott

lhandlott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love the mold too I think it works but the only thing i dont like is the duck feet from that mold but other than that your work its awesome

6. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Looks like a good idea.:)