Old Is New: Nintendo Released A Bio Sensor A Decade Ago

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Boardwise, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to incorporate The Activator with Soul Caliber on my 360.

2. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

true, true. although project natal looks great. i will agree that nintendo has a tendency to get on top then forget who got them there

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, because seeing that video of punchout makes me remember times of waiting for my new Nintendo Power to come in the mail and playing Punchout till who knows how late, only to switch to Zelda and play some more. And the thing is that this was still happening in N64, and happening even some in Game Cube. I just don't feel it with this gen, though Punch Out and Metroid are certainly heading in the right direction. By the time the new Zelda comes out, I'll probably own one.

4. Cloud Strife

have u got a camea set up here in the house? lol, i was just reading my nintendo power, lol

i know that nintendo is dropping the ball in alot of ways, including (i cringe when i say this cause i am a bit of a nintendo fanboy) forgetting the gamers that put them in the spot of being console that has made the most money so far. and i'm not trying to say nintendo is pure and good and perftect by no means, i was just hate hearing people always dogging the crap out of them.

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

well, it is Nintendo...seems like no matter what they make/do, good or bad...they'll get 90% more backlash than the other two...especially here :p 

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I think it comes down to nintendo fanboys being very.....in ya face about it all. They don't say something once, they go on about it constantly but at the end of the day we all like games so if Nintendo has a good game no-one would complain about discussing it.

I'm a fanboy of all video games :) 

7. Cloud Strife

i think it's because we all want them to do well, but when they don't meet our expectations we are seriously dissapointed. EVERYONE wants nintendo to do well, but they don't allways do the smartest decisions concerning thier core gamers

i am too, just have a preference to the big N ;) 

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. Trust me, I'm not happy that....I'm not happy with the Wii. I'm not a fanboy per se, but during the NES and SNES days, my friends and I had a Nintendo club house with ripped pages from Nintendo power all over the wall, and codes and cheats equally posted. We would buy games based on our talents and play them with the ones not playing pulling little maps from Nintendo power and guiding the other, and we'd draw posters with Link, Samus, and Mario and send them into the magazine. I'd eat this shit up, but I don't see that coming out of Nintendo anymore. Honestly, I don't even see it in games like Mario Galaxy. It's lost something on a Gimmick. So I'm not coming at this from a "SONY RULES, MS KICKS NINTENDO'S ASS!". I'm coming at it from a dissapointment angle. Punch Out is the first game to truly tug at the heart strings on the Wii.

9. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Same with me. I want Nintendo to succeed not only financially, but get acclaim from the industry and gamers as well.

I was so pumped to get the Wii, and now it is collecting dust. I paid good money for that, of course I don't want to feel like it was money wasted. I have faithfully owned every Nintendo home console, as well as the GBA, DS, and DS light. The Wii just isn't keeping my interest. I played too many games that used silly preset movements that didn't make sense, instead of intuitive motions that fit what I was doing. That's not what I expected.

My 360 however is getting used everyday, if I'm not playing games, I am using it as a media center extender. I love the dang thing. I never owned the original xbox, so I hardly consider myself an xbox fanboy.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Wow, your the same as me. Since the N64 and GB Color I've been playing on nintendo consoles. I was so excited about the Wii but now it's just sitting there unplugged and dusty while I play the 360 every day.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aside from the Wii (which I did own for two weeks before returning it to Best Buy) I think I have owned everything from Nintendo, even the Virtual Boy and a Zelda handheld back in the Days. So it takes a lot for me to not whore out to a new console.