Old Character New Alt Mode

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Jun 15, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

This is a topic that will be no fun what so ever... if you're a Geewhiner/G1er/G1 Purist or whatever else you want to call them.

For everyone else however who has lived threw the ever changing alt modes of the Transformers and still enjoyed all their different incarnations... this is a topic, basically for what you'd like to see existing characters transform into other than their current existing alt modes.

Optimus at this point has been almost every different kind of truck possible... and a monkey... so what other things do you think he could turn into?

Megatron has had multiple different alt modes over the years, I can't really think of anything he hasn't already been able to transform into so have fun with that.

Bumblebee is always a car of some sort and he's the one that actually gave me the idea because I saw a truck the other day with movie Bumblebee's paint job. I thought, what if he scanned a truck instead of a car for once? Plus I've always wished that BW Buzzsaw had been named Bumblebee.

Starscream is always a jet, usually something with F in the name. Original was an F15, movie is an F22. What does the F stand for anyway? F^(* you Megatron! Anyway, you can work out any new alt mode for him as long as it's not another military jet. A cruse liner jet would technically be acceptable but preferably he wouldn't be a jet at all.

I'd kinda like to see Jazz as a music player because it fits the name but he's never been one. Would of been interesting if Blaster was just another version of Jazz instead of a separate character. Does anyone even like Blaster as Soundwave's rival or have you always thought of Jazz that way?

Soundwave has had some pretty weird incarnations. The weirdest one being a bat that transforms into a alligator. The bat thing makes sense I get that but why the alligator mode, why not give him a robot mode so that he looks like a Soundwave? Heck I'd even settle for the Alligator turning into a Soundwave robot I just don't really like the mutants. Anyway I still want to see Soundwave as a CD Player or an I-Pod. Yeah it's technically still a music player but it's a type of music player he's never been before. Or for something totally new he could transform into a TV and his minions could be a DVD player and various gaming consuls.

So yeah, you can throw out any new transformation for a character as long as it's something that they have never been before. I want to see how creative we can get with new alt modes or if we just end up choosing more things that are at least similar to their existing alt modes. And if you don't post any new alt modes you're a Geewhiner. ;) 

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Shockwave: Stealth bomber.

Bumblebee: A black and yellow Kawasaki motorbike. He would then retain his small alt mode/small robot mode, but without being the cutesy VW bug. His overall appearance would bring to mind images of a wasp, moreso than a Bumblebee, but whatever. (Also, not that this matters to his alt mode, but he would have the ability to speak. :p  )

Soundwave: A deep blue military Humvee. Why? Not really sure. It could match his overall stocky/blocky appearance.

Wheeljack: This isn't my idea, but I honestly can't get over how GENIUS it is. Wheeljack by ~CyRaptor on deviantART
    It just makes so much goshdarn sense.

3. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

That's nice. Just attack anyone that likes G1. :rolleyes:  :noob  :p 

I wouldn't mind seeing more Cybertron modes.
    Hasbro could not lose the trademark or license to them. ;) 

Megatron: tank

Trailbreaker: Chevy Blazer (picture below)

I might add more later.

Attached Files:

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Soundwave as a comunications Helicoptor like how he was orignally going to be in the 2007 movie.

Megatron as a Stealth Bomber.

Sky Lynx as a Passenger plane.

Ravage as a Black Jaguar

Trypticon as either a battleship or a submarine.

5. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

I would like to see G1 mixed with Beast Wars, Duel Spark Triple Changers, but not just the old alt molds, like Optmus Truck with Ape features/decals

Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal - Bot to Ape to Truck
    Bumblebee and Cheetor - Bot to Cheetah to Bug
    Ironhide and Rhinox - Bot to Rhino to Hummer
    Megatron and Megatron - Bot to Rex to Tank
    Starscream and Waspinator - Bot to Wasp to Jet
    and so on and so. I would love for other people to think of match ups

6. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm. . . . .

Hound as a German Shepard. . . for the Military Police ;) 

7. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Bumblebee- taxi. No idea why, but I always wanted a transformer to transform into a taxi.

Optimus Prime- SWAT convoy vehicle . I actually like him always being either emergency or transport but this is a little more heavy duty.

Shockwave- Apache Helicoptor. It's still a flying gun afterall.

Soundwave- News Van. You know, the one with all those satelites on top? I feel this is the update for Soundwave that works on so many levels.

Starscream- His alt mode is a classic, but I think I could change it to a more stealth bomber like plane. It fits into his self preservation personality to try and be as far from the action as possible.

Ironhide- Bank transport truck. Makes so much sense. Iron-hide = heavy duty truck made to be almost indestructable.

Ratchet- Tow truck. He's a doctor for robots, not humans so a tow truck seems like a good counterpart.

Wheeljack- White Escalade like vehicle. He could pull his gadgets out of his trunk.

Megatron- Pave low helicoptor. My fan universe is going through revisions, but I never questioned what Megatron transforms into upon seeing Blackout. Do you want to know why? Blade cape. That is all.

Well, I'm done... for now.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I wasn't attacking everyone who likes G1 just the people who complain that anything else is automatically bad because it's different which is why I said they would hate this topic... you know sense the whole point is to be different.

BTW your suggestions have already been done... in G1.

Soundwave was never going to be a Helicopter in the movie. That was Vortex who later got changed to Blackout and then to Grindor even though the movie was already out at that point.

Frenzy was originally going to be Soundwave and he was also suppose to have another alt mode where he would transform into Barricade's dash board as the radio. Barricade was suppose to just have an empty slot where his radio should be when Frenzy wasn't wasn't with him.

That's already been done. He came with a Pink repaint of Arcee and little Jack and Raf figures who are wearing I love NY t-shirts.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Megatron as a Missile Truck

Optimus Prime as a Fire Truck with a trailer

Bonecrusher as a Monster Truck

Jazz as a Motorcycle

10. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

At some point in production, the helicoptor was Soundwave. There was to be a jungle military base, and he would release Ravage on the soldiers. When it was switched to Blackout, Ravage was replaced by Skorponok and the scene was put in the desert.

I know. I thought it would be interesting to have it be mainstream in some universe. Another idea I had was for Bumblebee to be the motorcycle of the group so he was guranteed to be the smallest and human relations were necessary.

Anyway, here are some more.

Trailbreaker- forest clearing vehicle. Taking his name a little more literal.

Hound- animal control vehicle. Takes his Ravage rivalry to a weird new level.

Sideswipe and Sunstreaker- rally cars. Fight like they are a destruction derby team.

Devastator- bucket wheel excavator. Instead of being the merged Constructicons, he is their 'Rancor' like secret weapon.

Windcharger- stuntplane. Finally, his name makes more sense.

Jazz- undercover police car. (has the jailed backseat, and a single removable siren). He could be Prowl's good cop partner.

Huffer- street sweeper.

Pipes- Garbage truck.

Gears- road construction Detour truck.

Grapple- Cherry picker. These four make my 'Autobot cleaning crew' in one of my early ideas to my universe.

Ratbat- refueling plane. Only, instead of giving fuel to those boarded in his v platform, he siphons theirs.

Beachcomber- Hippie van. Dude, tell me this wouldn't totally work.

Motormaster- monster truck. Now, there is even more reason for the stunticons to fear him.

This is really fun. I'll probably be back here often.

11. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee as a little yellow and black helicopter... so he's actually bee-like as he buzzes around.

Megatron as a Osprey helicopter.

Soundwave as a news van with Reflector as a video camera, Laserbeak as a satellite dish.

12. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Maybe something like this? Because I'd be all behind that.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like Soundwave to be whatever the hell this thing is

[​IMG]

14. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG] i'd like this to be Kup's new Earth alt mode

i'd also like to see Shockwave as a satellite and Metroplex as a large military base instead of a city

15. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Not quite what I had in mind, but that's great as well. :thumbs2: 

What I was going for was more along the lines of this:

http://www.motorcyclefamous.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2011-ducati-1098-black-yellow-review.jpg (I don't know much about motorbikes, so apparently this is a Ducati or something and I said Kawasaki. Whatever. A fast, slick motorbike-thing.)

And his robot mode then being thing and slender, but still with a sense of strength, similar to TFA Prowl and TFP Arcee.

This pleases me.

16. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I want to see Arcee as a goddamned car again. Damn motorcycles...

And I want to see Blast-Off as a missile carrier. To put the 'blast' in Blast-off.

17. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Dead end: Hearse

18. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    icwatudidthar.

19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cheetor as a shetland pony
    Tigatron as an anaconda
    Waspinator as a goat
    Rhinox as a hampster

20. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    I've often thought this would be a good idea, but usually imagine him more as a police/FBI van used for stakeouts and whatnot. The news van however does allow for more 'cassette' components, which I like a lot.
    Perhaps Frenzy could be the grill/dashboard just like he was for Barricade, but not so stupid looking.
    Ravage (and maybe an Autoscout) .... perhaps from some of the internal surveillance equipment in the back of the van.
    Perhaps some storm-chasing equipment on a small trailer-type thing could split and transform into either Slugfest & Overkill, or Beastbox & Squawktalk.

Other than that, would like to see Piranacon with sea-faring vessels update.
    Snaptrap - submarine
    Nautilator - fishing trawler
    Overbite - speedboat
    Seawing - sailboat/small yacht
    Skalor - hydrofoil
    Tentakil - tugboat