Oklahoma Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Bodycount, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Target on North May in OKC has PotP. Everything except Swoop and Rodimus, which I grabbed the last of.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  2. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Wave 2 deluxes potp at ARDMORE Wal-Mart

• Like Like x 1
  3. TFPSoundwave

TFPSoundwave Well-Known Member

Found the wave 2 legend figures at a Walmart in BA. Been looking all over for the wave 2 deluxes but still haven't seen any trace of them in my area...

4. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up a set of wave 2 legends about ten days ago at Quail Springs Walmart, but haven't seen a trace of them since. Wave 2 deluxes seem to be easier to find, no sign of wave 2 voyagers and who knows on wave 2 prime masters since all the stores they have been seen at don't seem to exist in Oklahoma.

+-MWG-+

5. TFPSoundwave

The OKC area must be on a different distribution stream then the Tulsa area. No trace of wave 2 deluxes here. :( 

6. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

I must be old already because these days "the hunt" has more frustration than success. I've seen 0 of wave 2 of any class in Tulsa Hills, Woodland, BA, Sand Springs, Owasso, and Tahlequah.
    It's hard NOT to be a cranky old man. "Hrm, new stuff every other month in my day, only paid 10.50 for a deluxe AFTER tax I tell ya... mmm, oatmeal... Toys R Us dying like all my other friends... *grumble grumble* Amazon figures overpriced to pay for the coaster that answers questions but won't put her manager on the line... she works for the Scalpers I just know it"

7. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up the two Ramhorns at Moore 5 Below, they had exactly one of each variant. I had found one version at Aldi's a couple months ago, but wasn't sure which and the difference in color really isn't apparent unless you have both hand-in-hand. That store has some Apeface also, for anyone that missed him. That figure is worth the $3 they are asking IMO.

+-MWG-+

8. TFPSoundwave

Quite surprised to have found a Cyber Battalion Shockwave at a Walgreens in BA this morning.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DracoPrimal

Finally! Wave 2 Deluxes spotted in Target in south Tulsa this weekend! 2-3 of Sludge and Snarl, 1 each of their wave-mates... no other classes yet, but man, completing Volcanicus made my kid SO happy for Easter! And I'm not upset about finding Blackwing for myself either.

10. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I'm going to be in Tulsa in the morning any place specific I should hit for wave 2 potp? and I'm dying to find CB Shockwave too.

11. DracoPrimal

I've paid little to no attention to anything outside the POTP figs I'm looking for, but specifically the wave 2 POTP deluxes I found a week ago were the Target at 71st and Highway 75... actually went back later same day and I think all that was left was 1 Snarl. All the others I had seen just a few HOURS earlier were gone. I haven't seen anything of wave 2 (any class) prior nor since.

12. LEADERS_MATRIX

I hit every Walgreens I could find, 2 Targets, and a few wmsc nothing...

13. G1 Liokaiser

G1 Liokaiser Destron

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I just moved here from Maryland and I will be joining you all here on the thread.

14. tgbobafett

tgbobafett Mandaloricon

News Credits:
    i was in OK this last week for work and saw these at the walmart in Atoka!! just a heads up for y'all if anyone is/was looking for these! pretty decent clearance on SS too i suppose!

Attached Files:

15. Bronybot

Bronybot I was 14 when i made this cut me some slack

As much as I like the studio series,I’m really looking for some wave two of potp stuff but for the life of me I can’t find any.not worth looking at toys r us because well you know

16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, it seems like the Studio Series is clogging up space for the Voyagers and Leaders.

17. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    March and April seemed to be the main time to find PoTP wave 2 deluxe and voyagers, and mostly at Walmart. The Rodimus repaint was out around then also. Wave 2 legends aren't too hard to get currently though, most Walmarts and Targets seem to have some of them. I got the two wave 2 Prime Masters from Amazon, paid about $10/$12 for each (which doesn't hurt too badly since I have Prime and they just refuse to hit locally).

+-MWG-+

18. DracoPrimal

I agree with the assessment of studio series crowding out the potp. Basically, I feel the local retailers have this understanding of TF's having 3 categories: kids (current cartoon), collectors (generations), and Movies ("best sellers"). Studio Series has this annoying aura of forced, premature nostalgia with a "gourmet" splash thrown in so they can justify a price hike. This of course is going to make retailers say "ooh, Movie AND Collectors in one? Of course... now we don't have to buy any cases of the Collectors only stuff."

I only ever saw the potp wave 2 deluxe once... but for the last maybe 2-3 weeks it seems SS SS is keeping shelves toasty already. I've seen him just about everywhere it seems.

19. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lucky, I've yet to see Starscream...

Edit @ 23:50:49: Correction - just found him & he's now sitting on my shelf, waiting to be opened....

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  20. LEADERS_MATRIX

That's about right, I never seen anything wave 2 other then the Legends in my entire area.