Oklahoma Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Bodycount, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

All new deluxes at the Walmart on Penn/Memorial are now gone, but they had tons of the new Legends, for those looking to build armies of Sharkticons and/or Insecticons..... or Bumblebees I s'pose....

2. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

One Velocitron set at the TRU on I-240. End transmission.

3. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I guess Broadside is in the area, found him at Target on May earlier. Also saw him at Walmart on I-240/Santa Fe along with a few wave 3 deluxes. Not too much else of note, got the TRU Velocitron set a few weeks ago and haven't bothered to go back to a TRU since. Looking forward to finding Brawn and the wave 4 deluxes (at least the new molds). Not really sure about Sky Shadow, unless I see a great price for him.

+-MWG-+

4. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got a Blitzwing at Target on May yesterday, Octone was already gone. Quail Springs Target had some Brawns and Roadburns.

+-MWG-+

5. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up Shuffler and Skytread at Crossroads TRU. They want $5.99 for this size class but mentioned Walmart has them for $4.93 (and Walmarts website apparently asks $4.97, and they seem to have Terri-Bull and Crashbash in-stock if anyone still needs those two), TRU cashier looked them up on Walmarts site (computer screen font was big enough I could see price from like five foot or so away), so I got them from TRU for $4.97 each.

Some OKC Targets have wave 4 Titans Return deluxes also, for anyone looking for those.

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 1
  6. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Made it through June without a single post in this thread, wow.

+-MWG-+

7. Bronybot

Bronybot Member

I mean a lot of stores here carry wave four of Titans return deluxes but I haven't found anything other than that,has anyone seen a tf5 Megatron anywhere.the Target near quail has kronk instock as well as megatonamd oprimus,the target in Edmond has multiple sky shadows and twin twist, I haven't checked the toysrus near crossroads yet so I'll have to go there.the toysrus near quail was empty last week they might of restocked but idk for sure.last I checked all Walmarts were pretty pitiful.ill post again tomorrow after I check if toysrus restocked and to check crossroads

8. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally found Octone at Moore Target. They still had a Blitzwing and some Seaspray/Cosmos as of about 3 pm today. Is it just me or have all the Walmarts in the are turned into suckville for Titans Return product? They seem to LOVE that damn deluxe revision wave that re-releases the wave 1 guys and maybe the third wave of titanmasters, but rarely anything else that has been released in the last six months. Target has been whipping them hard style the last couple months.

+-MWG-+

9. Bronybot

Bronybot Member

Octone and blitzwing are at multiple targets in OKC.quail springs toysrus has the mission to Cybertron Optimus two pack

10. Veedox

Veedox Well-Known Member

OKC Quail Springs TRU:

Masterpiece Optimus Prime - Of course, not on the shelves, oh heck no! Something like that is not available to mortal collectors, it is reserved for scalpers and store employees and should NEVER make to the shelves!

Saw 3 (yes, THREE) of them in the hands of some old, grey-haired lady with a thirtysomething manchild in tow at checkout. Then saw another one being shuffled around with a handful of other Transformers by a store employee.

I wasn't there to buy the Optimus as I already have the figure, but I couldn't help but get annoyed at what I witnessed.

TRU is becoming an increasingly unpleasant place for me to visit. Last week, I put down a Seaspray I wanted to buy because the checkout process looked to be a 30 minute long ordeal. It shouldn't be this way.

I sincerely hope they go out of business as they beyond deserve it.

P.S. Manchild and old lady, I hope you see this post.

11. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crossroads is probably the best managed of the three TRU in the OKC area (I'm ignoring that one in the Outlet center pm the west side), but it is has the roughest surroundings given how the area and south OKC in general have just been allowed to DIE. At least at Quail there are a few other stores in the area so the trip doesn't feel like as big a waste, and Norman is just feels a bit more upscale. Most of the time I am in the metro I am on my way out of town by 10 am, before TRU would be open anyhow, so they usually aren't on my mind. But it would suck to see them die out and watch Walmart (who seem to hate Titans Return given how little stock any of their stores ever have) and Target basically control the toy market outright.

+-MWG-+

12. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I used to love that TRU, but it's gotten really hard to find much of anything there lately thanks to some of the scalpers. A couple of weekends ago I went there because the web site showed the Chaos on Velocitron was in stock, but the employee I talked to couldn't find it. I almost wonder if stock is being held back by people at this point. I know when I worked there briefly part time to try and pay off my hospital bills me and an assistant manager found a couple of full boxes of NECA figures hidden in one of the back store rooms, so it wouldn't shock me.

13. Veedox

Veedox Well-Known Member

I REALLY don't wish that TRU go out of business... I wouldn't want another toy outlet option to disappear in OKC.

However, TRU is a vehicle for rampant scalper activity and I wish exclusives wouldn't be granted to them.

Or at the very least, ship the product in quantities to satisfy demand. Who is to blame for Optimus? TRU or Hasbro?

14. Bronybot

Bronybot Member

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the trouble with the quail spring toysrus,

15. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Walmart at douglass and 23rd in mwc had Cosmos and Seaspray. One each when I left.

16. chnkyclnkytrike

chnkyclnkytrike Well-Known Member

What's good around here? OKC and Edmond sunz

17. Galactimus

Galactimus I'll Lead, You Follow! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I live really close to TRU Quail and can tell you that masterpiece prime was there. They had 4. I bought 3 myself, one for me, and one each for my boys for Christmas. They get stuff all the time, you just have to check everyday. (I was there earlier today and they had more, btw) I think it's really more a supply issue than anything. I also picked up 3 Chaos off the shelf too a week or so before. Everyone cries scalpers when they don't find what they want but this isn't always the case. There are plenty of figures I also never find and I end up having to get them online somewhere. Yes it sucks, but the reality is Hasbro is never going to release enough toys to take care of all of us, especially of these high dollar items.

18. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crossroads TRU is actually somewhat loaded on Titans Return ATM. Deluxe-wise I saw Perceptor, Kup, Triggerhappy, Hot Rod (I think) and maybe some Twinferno. Legends-wise there was a Gnaw, couple Kickbacks & Twinferno, a Cosmos (that may have been there a week or so) and I think some Brawn and red Bumblebee repaint. Also some Shufflers and Repugnus titanmasters with their wavemates (Nightbeat and the duocon dude), and a couple leader Blasters. No Trypticons that I saw, but I am holding off buying him for a couple months hoping they ship some more out with the QC issues worked on.

+-MWG-+

19. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    TRU Crossroads had a couple of MP Primes and a MP Movie Bumblebee as of last night. Still no sign of Trypticon yet, so I caved and got him off Amazon. Trimming down my collection a lot but there's too much sentimental value there to not pick him up.

20. Galactimus

Galactimus I'll Lead, You Follow! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Walmart on Danforth in Edmond has 2 sixshots and 2 skyshadows. Nothing else from Titans