Oklahoma Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Bodycount, Jul 10, 2003.

1. TFPSoundwave

TFPSoundwave Well-Known Member

Found TR Voyagers at 71st and Memorial TRU. Had one of Sentinel and Galvatron. Bought Galvatron left Sentinel.

2. Bronybot

Bronybot I was 14 when i made this cut me some slack

Guthrie Walmart is stocked full of them

3. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

Since the new line has hit... did anyone ever find Sky Lynx in anywhere near Tulsa?

4. Thunderstorm

Thunderstorm Nostalgia Archivist

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Picked up a Brainstorm at the Walgreens on NE 12th and Eastern in Moore @ 8 pm priced 17.99, left the remaining single Brainstorm behind a pair of Chromedomes. Good Luck!

5. chnkyclnkytrike

chnkyclnkytrike Well-Known Member

Hello JUST moved to okc this thread is looking thin, where are the spots to hit for toys and comics

6. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

Welcome to the neighborhood! OKC's a bit odd sometimes, as far as toy hunting goes. Sometimes it takes months for anything new to show up, sometimes it's pretty quick. A lot of times the north side of town (around Edmond) will get saturated with things several weeks before anywhere else, while other times it will be the south (around Norman) that gets things first while the north side lags far behind. There are the usual places like anywhere else: Walmart, Target, TRU for newer stuff. Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and Ross sometimes get older things in for cheap. There are a few Vintage Stock stores scattered around that can sometimes get in some pretty cool classic stuff. I think there are a couple of specialty toy shops around if you're more into G1, but other members might be more knowledgeable there. As far as comics... I'm the wrong guy to ask because I just use comixology for what little I read. I know there are quite a few comic shops (and Vintage Stock has a ton), but I don't really frequent them.

In short, there's probably nothing around OKC that is much different from wherever you came from, so make yourself at home!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

Also... as of about 30 minutes ago, there was 1 Brainstorm left at the Walgreens on 23rd and Classen. I am overjoyed that I no longer have to go out of my way to search for one.

8. xOGxPIMPIN

xOGxPIMPIN Autobot

xerus...I am in the same boat...I found my Titans Return brainstorm, wierdwolf & highbrow all on the same day. That completed my wave 2 deluxe collection. So far, the only figure im missing from the entire line is Blaster. I know I will be able to get him eventually though.

9. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got some time to roam around this afternoon, so I decided to hit OKC. Quail Marshalls had two of the G2 Menasor sets, Quail Target had Alpha Trion & Astrotrain (got the Train from Amazon back in late August, still debating on whether to get Trion), also some Wheelie and Rewinds to go with Laserbeak and Ravage (don't think I saw Stripes or Rumble there, but I didn't stay long). Quail Walmart had the same damn movie deluxes they have had for the last two (or more) years, what is that store's problem? Didn't bother with Quail TRU. Headed back south, Walgreens on 23rd and Rockwell had six Brainstorms (who I picked up about two weeks ago so I'm good), though most of the other stores I hit had none. Walmart on Macarthur & Reno actually had the wave two deluxes!!! They had sold a Mindwipe, but had two each of the others. I grabbed all the Chromedomes and Highbrows they had, since I'd already bought the two cons at Walgreens when they had that 20% coupon a while back.

+-MWG-+

10. chnkyclnkytrike

Getting familiar with okc a bit. went to toy base 10 yesterday and wow it's awesome, gonna go back Wednesday afternoon and do some picking through things when I'm by myself. I have never seen so much stuff in one store before.

11. chnkyclnkytrike

Thanks for the info, so which are is hitting good now.

12. chnkyclnkytrike

Found menasor at Marshall's over by Penn Ave in okc

13. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

There is a Skylynx (maybe 2?... plus lots of Motormasters, Onslaughts, and white Primes) at the Ross on Penn and Memorial if anyone is still looking for him. $12.99.

On another note, I got my MP Primal yesterday. Oh my goodness is he amazing. His transformation is surprising, both his modes are super-poseable, the alternate faces and weapons are great. Even the way his batteries for the LED gimmick are stored is neat (they are inside the ball joint of the gorilla's head). Speaking of the LEDs, that was the one concern I had, going in. Light up eyes are neat, but I don't have the light on constantly, so I was worried his eyes would be black and dead when not on. But somehow, they managed to still make them a very bright red naturally, even without the light on. In short, I'm incredibly impressed, salivating at the thought that MP Cheetor is just a few months away now, and praying they somehow figure out how to do an MP Dinobot that manages to make both his modes look this good (please oh please oh pleeeeeeeeease????)

14. chnkyclnkytrike

in okc? correct? skylinx

15. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

Yes, that's right. Pennsylvania Ave is a North/South street, Memorial is East/West and is basically the northern border of OKC as far as major shopping areas go. Quail Springs Mall is up there, a TRU, a Target, a Walmart, etc.

16. chnkyclnkytrike

im wondering if em skylynx are still there
    thanks for the geographical lesson, i need as many lessons as possible

17. The_Tracker

The_Tracker ...and his huntsmen!

Ebay:
    I missed the Combiner Wars Combaticons. I picked up Onslaught at Ross, anyone have any of the limbs for sale/trade or seen them anywhere?

18. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

Tracker, check Marshals and TJMaxx. I've seen the Combaticon limbs at both recently (though you may have to hit a few to find a full set).

19. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I believe they can be bought for MSRP on Amazon

20. Galactimus

Galactimus I'll Lead, You Follow! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Edmond Danforth Walmart has like 20 Alpha Trion and 20 Astrotrains, 1 Blaster, 1 PowerMaster Prime.