Oklahoma City....Sonics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by funkatron101, Jul 18, 2006.

1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Lame.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5794972

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

wow...Oregon supports the Seahawks cause we dont have a team of our own...will Washingston support the Blazers now that they wont have a team.

and its not just the Sonics, it include the WNBA Seattle Storms too.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

some Q&A

so Seattle got a team for at least the next 3-4 years.

4. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Every report that I am reading is saying that it is pretty much a given. That's the process has already begun, and that the very soonest that the move will happen is next year if they get the paperwork in on time.

Part of the problem is the lease agreement. So I honestly don't see them honoring it.

If they rename the team and move them, I am sure it will be another Browns/Ravens deal. Still pretty lame.

5. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Damn, how bad of a team are you that the city Loses money everytime you play?

6. funkatron101

Ebay:
    2004-2005: The Sonics won 52 games on their way to the Northwest Division title, but lost in the second round of the playoffs to San Antonio. McMillan is named NBA Coach of the Year.

This past season They lost their head coach and couldn't repeat their success. They had a 35 - 47 record.

Still not a horrible team. This is a matter of mis-management and getting into a horrible lease agreement.

I hate when teams move. Especially when they are taking a gamble on a small market. OK City was successful based on the fact that they showed some support because of the huricane. That doesn't mean that they are a strong market. To me, this is just lazy business. A band-aid for a bigger problem.

They talk about loosing money, while paying $60 million dollar contracts left and right. I love basketball, but no one deserves 60 million to put an orange ball in a metal hoop. No one.

7. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Oklahoma and the surrounding area was starving for pro sports. All the Hornets games were packed. The market for it here is a lot bigger than people think. It even took the NBA by surprise.

8. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love it when people don't know what they're talking about. ;) 

OKC is VERY interested in sports. I don't care for Basketball, but in general your average Oklahoman LOVES professional sports. Oklahomans didn't give a rat's behind about the Hurricane in regards to showing up. They showed up because they love sports. It got big reactions because they love sports. In time, I'm sure the "newness" will wear off, but for the time being, OKC is a fine place to put a professional team. They will be very well supported there.