Okay, WTF... shipment from BBTS arrived, but... WHAT?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nevermore, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So a few weeks ago I found out about the big clearance sale at BBTS and decided that this would be a good opportunity to get the Robot Replicas I was still missing (i.e. everyone except Jazz).

Today the shipment arrived. WOW.

The shipping box looks like someone left it in the rain and then played football with it.

The toys' cardbacks are all bent, and many of the the plastic bubbles are squeezed. Good thing I dump the packaging these days.

The worst case was Barricade. I had to use a KNIFE to get him out of his squeezed and deformed plastic shell.

It's a miracle none of the toys themselves appear to be damaged, but seriously, WTF?

All the toys I previously got from the USA (Cataclizm1 picked them up for me, about six shipments since December) arrived in excellent condition, very safely packed, no problems at all. So what the hell?

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Most of my BBTS shipments have arrived in damaged boxes too, my Galaxy Force Guarshell's box had a huge hole in it. He wasn't damaged but they should take better care of the boxes.

3. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Strange, as every delivery I've ever had from BBTS has came in boxes with more than enough room ,and lots of bubble-wrap.

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The odd time, BBTS have stopped just short of using enough packaging materials in the box, leaving the contents to rattle around the place a little. I've never had a box arrive from them in that sort of condition though.

I'm inclined to say it was damaged in transit... Perhaps the Italian postal service got their hands on it. :) 

5. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    That's odd, most of the boxes I get from BBTS arrive PRISTINE. As in, I could keep the stuff MISSB if I wanted (Mint In Sealed Shipping Box).

Not that I would, that would be retarded.

Then again, I live in Canada, so I automatically get a different shipping method than people in the States.

The packaging is also usually pretty robust, with plenty of bubble wrap, and the cardboard of the box being thicker than your average packing box.

6. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

That's wierd. I got my SDCC Mighty Muggs in mint condition with plenty of bubble packing.

Hope I don't have any problems with my City Commander set that I have on pre-order.

7. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like transit to me. Unless the box was half empty I would not blame BBTS. Considering the millions of packages moving around at any given moment, everyone is bound to get a horribly messed up box at least once in their life.
    My suggestion?
    If it's worth writing to the message board about, it's worth telling BBTS. They may want to replace all of those items for you (if they're serious about customer service, I have yet to deal with them on that level).
    KEEP the box and all of the contents. If they want to send another one out, it's likely UPS will want to stop by and inspect the package. They usually admit the package was damaged during transit (they determine whether it was filled enough or whether the shipper used sufficient tape) but they need to see everything as it arrived.
    Since you've opened everything, you may not be able to do this. If you're happy with the toys themselves, I'd let it go.
    But if you're still pissed off, contact BBTS and let them know how you feel. Every time I've ordered from them they've gone above and beyond (sometimes placing sturdy cardboard around Encore boxes, lots of bubble, etc.).

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

My boxes arrive in good condition too. I also come from Yurup (Europe:p  )

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't bought from them for a long while, but the several boxes I received from them were always perfect. Sorry to hear about it, though, damaged packagings are sad even if you are only going to throw them away.

10. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Every time I order from them it arrives in amazing condition. Never had a problem at all. I'd say, from experience, probably damage in shipping - give them an email.

11. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

doesn't customs usually charge your BBTS shipments?

12. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    See, the beautiful thing about BBTS is that if you are not happy with the items or how it was shipped, just shoot them an email and they will bend over backwards to accomodate you. I view their occasional high prices as a sort of insurance fee. :) 

13. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Last time they charged me [also in Europe] was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in January 2007, when BBTS send me five classics figures in a box big enough to accomondate 15.

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

It depends really.

15. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    No telling how such a thing could happen from BBTS.

Now granted, I live in the U.S., but usually my BBTS boxes arrive in perfect condition, in a box the size to accommodate a set of shelves, with tons of bubble wrap for two Spychangers.:D 

16. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

That sucks.

17. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    As I said, the TOYS themselves are about the only thing from the shipment NOT damaged. Thank god I'm not an MISB collector. I applaud Hasbro for what appears to be idiot-proof (as in "idiot shipping service") packaging.

I really don't blame BBTS. I blame the shipping company.

The shipping box seriously looked as if someone left it in the rain and then put a lot of heavy stuff on top of it while it was soaking wet.

18. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've had sixteen shipments from BBTS, and the boxes have always arrived pristine.

19. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i've only ordered from BBTS twice and both fit the above descriptions. It might not be BBTS' fault. Somewhere along the way, it could've been raining and some pretty pissed off mailmen could have had they're way with it (even if it does cleary read FRAGILE on the box). I'm not sure what shipping service you use, but it could be that too.

20. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Most my orders from BBTS were immaculate but Guardshell's box had a huge hole in it, thank Primus he wasn't damaged in any way.