Okay, what do I NEED for a PSP?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Rodimus Prime, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

What with FFT, CC, Disgaea Afternoon, and Drac X Chronicles, I'm going to get a PSP. With that in mind, what do I need besides a memory stick, battery, and the system itself? I am not into homebrew, so none of that is needed.

Any suggestions that would be highly recommended? I heard the screen's scratches easily, is this true with the PSP Slim?

P.S. anyone play FFT:TLW yet?

2. nectarsis

nectarsis I have ZAZZZZZZZZZ

Screen protector is a must...I have one of the Intec aluminiu carrying cases (NICE). You have a nice list of want games. I would also suggest a quality pair of headphones (stock suck). A bigger memory stick isn't neccesary, but as you want to fiddle with all the features, it may become neccesary.

3. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    video out cables to play on your TV if you are into that.

4. nectarsis

^only for the PSP Lite :) 

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Get a Hori screen protector. They are literally the only good screen protectors. I'm not joking. A Hori is crystal clear and doesn't even look like you HAVE a screen protector. Everything else is bubbly, greasy, streaky, and non-transparent. You really ought to have some kind of protector on the screen to avoid scratches, and trust me, accept no substitutes. You'll be wasting your money and just end up buying the Hori later anyway. You should be able to find them online for under $10 shipped. Buy two in case you mess up the installation. A pair of them shipped should be somewhere in the $12-15 range.

EB and Gamespot used to sell them, but don't anymore, so you might have trouble tracking one down in brick and mortar store. Just get one online.

When I bought my PSP they came with a case. I don't know if they still do or not. If not you'll probably want one of those too.

6. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Get Jean D'Arc and MGS:p ortable Ops. To protect your psp, get a hori screen protector and a Logitech case.

7. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    If you're into Mega Man, get Mega Man: Powered Up or Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X. Both are really good remakes of Mega Man 1 and Mega Man X, respectively. :) 

8. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Since he said he was going to buy a new one I assumed he was buying a PSP Lite....

9. nectarsis

Just clarifying, because with people getting rid of the fat for the slim...he might get a great deal :)