okay if jetix uk has the right....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by optimus major, Jan 1, 2008.

1. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    why can't the american jetix air transformers rid? they can air all the other fox shows from that era but that single one? i want to watch some transformers rid on my tv

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because the UK and the US are different territories. They do not have the rights to RiD in the US. Disney holds the rights to RiD in the US, ever since they acquired Saban back in the day.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    And the last thing I want to do is watch RID on the goddamn Disney channel. I'll watch it on ANY channel but that one.

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh, Disney OWNS Jetix. It's not a rights issue. Fox Kids existed through a joint partnership between Fox and Saban, and when Saban was bought by Disney in the early 2000's, Fox Kids ceased to exist and Saban's back cataologue came under Disney ownership. It just seems that... they don't want to show RiD. Which is *odd*, given the success of the movie this year, but there you go.

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe Hasbro doesn't want it aired. They toys are long gone and maybe they don't want to hear from kids or parents that complain that little Billy loves watching RID on Saturday but cries that he can't get fire-truck Prime or Sky-Byte.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's baloney with extra silly...

I don't see That happening with any other show they run.
    Although any parent that lets their precious wake up in time to watch Dungeons and Dragons would be STUPID enough to bit*h at Wal-Mart for not having the toys anymore.