Okay I really like High Moon Studios

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Rexidus, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just watched the video here and the Tieg has pushed me into the devoted fan bracket. Allow me to elaborate.

Any studio that admits its mistakes gets big bonus points in my book. Pretending you're perfect is just a great way to make the players feel as if the company believes them-self to be infallible. Admitting mistakes shows that they know they aren't.

Added on top of that is their complete desire to fix those mistakes. That gets even more big bonus points in my book.

The Tieg definitely comes across as a guy who takes a hard long look at his projects, takes in the criticisms, and attempts to do everything better. It would have been super easy to do very few changes from WFC1 to 2 and call it a day. Such a game would have sold well and been received well generally. But Tieg and High Moon aren't satisfied with that. They want to do even better. They want to fix those problems they had.

I'm gushing a bit but I'm super impressed when developers are this candid and genuine in their desire to improve.

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I love these guys too. They put devotion into these games, and that is some amazing stuff. I look forward to playing FOC, because WFC wasn't perfect, and I'm glad HMS can accept this and aim to make an even better game.

3. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm thinking that it was the camp at High Moon Studios and Matt Teiger’s premise on Transformers lore that caused Alex Irvine to get the boot from writing novels…Well that and bad editing, lackluster story, poor sales, etc.

So it looks like they're at least trying to point in the right direction. But things like not having a female bots in the story kinda limits the progression....

It's still early but so far it seems to me that this game will be another 8.5 at best. Good but still not great.

Batman: Arkham city showed us that "great" is still attainable though....

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You.. you're already rating the game with practically zero game play shown and only a handful of information released?

While we're at it, how many chickens will this batch of eggs produce for me?

Sure the game could be bad and I don't blame anyone for withholding judgement until later but wow.

5. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  at already rating the game.

I'm a big fan of HMS myself, and I didn't even complete WfC. I just like how open Tieger has been about their mistakes and the way forward. All his interviews are refreshingly void of "we're looking into it, but can't say anything right now".

6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will if it's a 9 or a 10 once it's release then it's win a for everyone.
    Till then I will stick with my gut feeling.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for them to acknowledge the problems with the servers

8. se-gul

se-gul Well-Known Member

Me too! Although, I can't remember if it was in the roundtable or podcast Tieger did hint to the server problem by saying they are looking to improve MP
    in respects to the problems that frustrated a lot of people. I took that as a hopeful yes we know about the server issues and it will be addressed.

I hope or after playing the campaign a dozen or so times will tie the game to a brick and toss it through a High Moon Studio window.

Barring that I am a big fan of what they have begun for Transformers.