Okay i need some final input

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by guard convoy, Aug 19, 2009.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ok, i finally got my $100, and tomarrow i shall be able to spend it tomarrow. i shall be buying from BBTS for the second time and i just can't decide:

Encore Bruticus:i know there has been complaints about mold degredation, but i really don't care.it would raise my g1 decepticon count to 7 (just got encore soundwave and laserbeak). and i have always been intrested in that set. and you never know if it will increase in value down the road like predaking.

Encore Ratchet, Ironhide, and Skywarp/Thundercracker two pack:they are all on clearance on BBTS, and the final price with shipping would be $102.70 (the 2.70 my mom will definately cover). this would increase my encore collection. and they are a nice price so it would be nice to pick them up now instead for bit more later on.

Encore Omega Supreme : okay, i would be intrested in this because it will give me the last piece to have the three main autobot bases from g1 (got metroplex and fort max). and it looks like real fun, i don't own a motorize transformer yet.

City Commmander Preorder : okay, i wanted city commander BADLY when it came out, so this is my chance to grab one. but i don't own ultra magnus yet. i got classics prime to try it out on, but it will be stuck in trailer mode for a while

ebay purchase: Encore megatron: i got prime from the encore line last year and have been wanting the megatron encore since then. there is a decent priced one on there right now, so i been thinking of getting this maybe

so which one?

2. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm its a tough choice... is there any way you can get more money around the time City Commander gets reissued? Otherwise i would go with the Encore clearanced items...

Bruticus is fairly new and could get some discount later

3. guard convoy

News Credits:
    what sucks is this is i won't be able to make another big purchase like this till december when i get back to work ugh (will have $10 here and there). i got the money for the preorder now, but ugh i been trying to decide for at least two months and STILL can't decide

4. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Omega supreme, 5 pounds of fun. The others only get you about 3 pounds or less of plastic.

Just kidding. Not easy, but first get the one that you think might be htf later.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would get Omega Supreme. its such an awesome toy HIGHLY Recommended

HOWEVER, if your interested in Sky Lynx, I would get the seekers and him. Ironhide and Ratchet... lets be honest.... they are not very good toys. The combination of this set would overpower Omega easy lol.

6. guard convoy

News Credits:
    trust me, i am VERY intrested in Sky Lynx, i was just saving him for later.....ugh too many choices

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Slightly off topic:
    you've been here at TFW since March and have over 2,000 posts? when do you sleep?

on topic:
    Omega Supreme is great.
    if you'd want to complete a big part of a collection, having Ratchet and Ironhide would be putting a huge dent in the 84-85 TF's category.

so, that's my suggestion. Omega Supreme first. second choice are the vans.

8. guard convoy

News Credits:
    ^lol usually around 4 am to 2-3 pm (it summer time)

9. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. guard convoy

News Credits:
    ugh TOO MUCH CHOICES

11. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why don't you youtube some video reviews? that always helps me.

12. guard convoy

News Credits:
    that is what i have been doing tonight, i already watched a video review of bruticus and thundercracker/skywarp

13. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    LOL
    I was thinking the same thing. :lol 

I've been here nearly 2 and a half years and I don't even have 1,000 posts yet!

Back on topic: Get Omega. I got one for my Birthday in 1985, although it has its bad points(the cams broke on mine within a couple weeks), its still a great figure and the new face makes it much better than the one I had.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    city commander might be on his last rerelease, and the encores are going to be around for a while, megatron, maybe not, but if i were you i would either A) save this money for CC or B) save the 10 here and there for CC and get skylynx and the seekers

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Omega Supreme. No question.

I remember getting the original and playing with it as a centerpiece to pretty much everything. I recently bought 2 more of the Encores (for my own sentry project), and they are just as awesome.

Get Omega.

16. AMG

AMG Old School

I'd take these. You get the Autobot medic, an old war veteran and trusted friend of Prime, and two of the (main three) G1 seekers. Heck of a deal for $100.

17. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

Omega supreme, complete your base collection.

18. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
  19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    as Master Po says Choose wisely Grasshopper

as for the encore Ironhide my mine had a fairly minor QC problem it has 2 of the same side of the sknny treads for it base part of its bot mode both left side, not sure if it is wide spread or not but for me it wasn't worth sending back for that 1 piece, Ironhide's g1 goodness is intact and that was enough, and come october ill be in your shoes lol except i should have about $200 to spend so ill have a bit more room budget wise to play with

20. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i just remember of MORE stuff i want

Henkei Trust OR Dirge:now it i could change that OR to an AND, this would be my choice. i have wanted these two since the botcon fiasco in 2007, but i finally got the money. it is just if i get one it will make me want the other one EVEN MORE.......

i could also get encore starscream and then the two pack.....ugh TOO MUCH STUFF