Okamiden : The Small Sun

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by QuantumShock, Sep 27, 2009.

1. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Okamiden, the sequel to the first one in PS2, is announced in Tokyo game, the game will be out in next year in DS.

And my heart cries happy tears.

YouTube - Okamiden DS TGS Trailer

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Nice to see Clover's legacy continue, even if they aren't around anymore. Okami is one of my top 10's, this looks cute if obviously a bit derivative.

3. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Holy crap I need that!

I can see having to borrow the wife's DS for a while. Hell, for this, I might get me a DS of my own!

Okami was one of my favorite games ever... I'm so glad that I can play it on my PS3 :D 

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Heard about it a few weeks ago. Very cool. Cant wait.

5. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    [NECRO]

Does anyone have any new info on this game? Like what evil they're fighting (I actually want it to be Ninetails. Maybe a chibi version), if Ammy will come and save your ass (Like Shinranui (Or something like that) did for you against Lechku and Nechku (Is that the owl's names...I really need to relearn everyone's names...), how the kid even exists, and such?

Okami is my favorite game. I bought it on the same day it came out (So I was told, and by pure accident), I had wanted it before the brush element was implemented, and I have played it through twice now. So yeah, I've already set aside $40 for this game (Maybe it will be like it's mom, $10 cheaper than a normal game at the time ^^)

Chibiterasu is so cute :D 
    [/NECRO]

6. ROTF100694

ROTF100694 Well-Known Member

Even if he is dead I want to see Yami the bouncy ball of doom again.

7. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    Shouldn't Yami qualify as one of those 'always existing characters' because he is the evil in the land, the hate in the souls, and the lack of belief of the gods in the people or something like that?

And Yami already has that gigantic smile in his initial form! He's all set for this game! :D 

8. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

You can kick his ass....does a ball have an ass? In Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

9. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Just started the first one on the Wii. Not played it enougth yet to really comment, but its certainly something different.

Shame they coulden't have sharpened up the engine on the way over from the PS2 thougth, it looks like i'm playing it in 480i over composite even thougth its supposedly in 480p over my components.

10. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What we know so far:
    "The game takes place three months after the events of Ōkami. In spite of Amaterasu's battle against the Dark Lord Yami, which would kill all the demons in Nippon, they return. The Konohana Sprite Sakuya, a character from the original Ōkami, summons the Sun God Amaterasu, but instead finds Chibiterasu, who looks like a young version of Amaterasu. It is speculated that Chibiterasu could be Amaterasu's son, but Motohide Eshiro, the game's producer, said that this will remain a secret for now. He added that he is a "young form of existence" and not fully grown; he retains several abilities of Amaterasu, including the Celestial Brush, but lacks her power, which will be reflected in the plot and gameplay. Chibiterasu's partners will be incorporated into the main plot as well. One of the partners that accompanies Chibiterasu is Nushi, the daughter of Susano and Kushi, two characters from Ōkami. She was born after the events of Ōkami, and appeared in the ending of the first game. They did not reveal how Susano had a daughter in such a short amount of time, but stated that they would reveal it eventually"

11. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    They showed how Nushi is used in gameplay (Similar to controlling fire in Okami). But I seriously hope they use Lechku and Nechku (The time controlling owls) as the reason for Nushi's existence. It would be kinda cool to have boss characters other than Yami and Ninetails (Cause he/she is kinda like an evil Ammy) return. But it would be cool that demons messing around with time be the reason for Nushi's existence rather than divine intervention. Does anyone else know who Chibi's partners will be? Issun (It's only been 1 month...and he appears in the preview)? Oki?

12. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Okami is one of my favorite games (PS2 version:thumbs2: ).

Still, without Clover, I'm VERY skeptical of this.

13. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    Well, though Clover disbanded, maybe Capcom just took the employees and huddled them back together...

I mean, Capcom can't be that dumb...can they?

14. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Due to poor sales, Ōkami was considered a commercial failure on the PlayStation 2, and while it was widely believed to be one of the factors involved in the closure of its developer Clover Studio, Hideki Kamiya, lead designer of Ōkami, specified that producer Atsushi Inaba had an argument with Capcom management. Kamiya commented that he had an idea in mind for the sequel and would enjoy to make it, but it was nothing more than an idea and beyond his control. In July 2007, Capcom employee Keiji Inafune commented that a Wii port was something he had considered, but it was easier said than done, and they have no plans as of yet. In spite of this, it received a port for the Wii. Capcom employee Chris Svensson commented that in order for a sequel to come, a lot more people would have to buy copies of Ōkami for a sequel to be produced.

There has been skepticism about developing Ōkamiden without Platinum Games, a developer featuring key members of Clover Studio, including Hideki Kamiya, the developer behind Ōkami. MTV editor John Constantine worried about this, questioning whether the lack of Kamiya and Platinum Games would make the game feel like a rehash. Garrett Tiemann was similarly wary of their lack of involvement with the project, though adding on a positive note that when a new developer takes on a pre-existing series, they don't make many drastic changes to it, so it should share a similar feel to Ōkami."

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No doubt, Okami on the Wii is blurry as hell and looks just AWFUL. I don't know if high resolutions have spoiling me, but it looks so bad I can't even play it.

As for this game - too bad it's been doomed to the DS. I would much prefer a Wii (or anything else) release (that doesn't look like shit).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  16. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Yeah Omega Supreme-1's quote sums it up well.

In short Clover is now Platinum Games and not part of Capcom. As a matter of fact the director of Okami (Hideki Kamiya) newest game is actually Bayonetta.

17. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    I think the DS captures the original look of Okami (On the PS2) well. That and I just plain suck with the pointer.

And Yahtzee was right. "Capcom aren't bad people. Just IDIOTS."

18. Argroh Valdios

Argroh Valdios Well-Known Member

Well, least the graphics are good, probably copeteing with one of Square's games.