Okami to the Wii

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Oct 18, 2007.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

always wanted to play this game, but this came out a bad time for me (was playing Zelda)...and it's hard to find now, ...and now that i'll come out for the Wii, i think i'll wait for this version instead.

But it sucks that the Wii is getting a lot of ports instead of new games....

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope they aren't lazy with the porting and actually take their time with it. This game should play perfectly on the Wii, with the paintbrush techniques and all.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Finally a port worth porting!

Shock and horror and then... joy.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Play Station Port-able....

Still when I played Okami, I thought two things... Wii and DS ports.... great idea on Capcom's part.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Man, I have heard nothing but good news coming from London in regards to Capcom. I think I will just start putting $20 a week in a Capcom fund.

You Triple players had better buy Lost Planet -it's 100% WIN!

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Criminally underappreciiated? I know it was critically acclaimed, and I was pretty sure it sold well. I could be wrong about that but it seemed anyone I knew that was into games pretty much bought it. Then again, it came out on a last gen system while next gen systems were out, so just in general it wasn't as exciting a release as it could have been. Not so sure how it will fare on the Wii though, this long after its initial release.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't beaten the game, but I know that it is incredibly enjoyable and amazing to look at and "REALLY FUNNY" at some points. With the Wii Dildo allowing you to draw (although it's really not needed since the designs are so simple), it should be a cool new experience. It's just too bad that as it stands, there will never be a sequel. Still, it is not a short game.

8. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I still think the Wii would be a great opportunity to reintroduce games that were overlooked last gen, like BG&E, and Eternal Darkness. Spice up the graphics a bit, a little waggle tossed in (perfect for EDs spells), and release them at a bargain price ($20-30).

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You guys made me want to get back into Okami.. Now I'm going to have to play it this weekend... what a crime :)  .

Shit Ratchet and Clank comes out next week. Sony, MS, and Nintendo are just like Hasbro, they think we have money coming out our asses.

Actually Nintendo is a bit nicer because they still charge only 50 bucks for their games.

10. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

Okami for the Wii?!?!? There is a God!!! :D 

11. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    2 words : About time

I have seen people(not me) bitching for a port to Wii since the fall of Clover (RIP). Hope that it get the attention it longing for a long time.

I do think Okami is criminally unappreciated. *hug okami*

12. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

So they finally got around to porting a PS2 game that we actually wanted. Almost a year to make that happen. At this rate we should be seeing the Lucas Art's Star Wars Wii Lightsaber game in about 2 or 3 years.

In all honesty, I am truly excited that this game is coming out on Wii. Im still just a little angry that it took this long for it to happen. Its like developers are ignoring the Wii just because its made by Nintendo.

Wake up developers! The Wii is here to stay. And maybe if you put effort into the games people might buy them.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Capcom never ignores nintendo's systems (aside from the N64). I think the reason they took so long with okami is because they already had one port (RE4) and wanted to focus on new games made just for the system for a while.

14. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

who really cares if Okami comes out for the wii.
    i mean seriously i have the game for my ps2 and its been on the ps2 for over like a year and its an amazing game. It didnt sell to well in the UK but thats because most PS2 fans in the UK are absolute wankers who would rather play re-hashed crap from EA every year such as the boring FIFA and HARRY TOSSER games.

Okami is an amazing game to play and very beautiful but truth is it gets boring VERY QUICKLY! by the time i was at my 6th location it was like everything just started to seem the same in every area i was in.
    Just because you put it on a different console and make it so you can wave a remote at the screen doesnt change the game at all, all it really does it make some fat bastard lazy americans do a SMALL amount of exersize by waving there arms about rather than lifting a can of beer to there mouths.

I own a wii and am very dissapointed with it. the games are plain boring which is why i stick to my xbox,ps2 and xbox360 and my old snes/mame/megadrive games on my pc emulators.

sorry but i already own this masterpiece, i anit buying it again just to wave a remote at the screen. if i wana do that i can watch Xfactor and wave the tv remote at the screen screaming at the remote coz the batteries have died

15. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    I can't wait to get this! My PS2 has been gathering dust other than being a back up DVD player. Hope they implement so nice and refreshing features with the Wii-Mote.

16. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

how odd I always wanted to play Okami, now I'm gonna get to....if I manage to get myself away from the stack of games I haven't finished.-and I keep buying lol.

17. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i finally found a PS2 Okami...it as on clearance for $20...i was going to pick it up but i'll just end up waiting for the Wii version...

18. kipco

kipco Cybertronian Relastate

Hearing this has made my day. That was a game that was more suited for the Nintendo crew anyways.

19. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Wow, i wanted to buy this game when it came out but I never did. The game is still around here at various stores but its still pretty expensive. Now I hear that is going to be available for my wii? Awesome!