Ok where did all the stock go?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by guard convoy, Aug 15, 2009.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Okay, there are figures out there that the stock just seemed to just not exist.....

examples:

the universe legend minibots (beachcomber wave and up).
    animated wreck-gar wave
    activators cliffjumper wave
    Universe Ratchet Wave

use to, the stock for wave two of the original classics line (grimlock, mirage, and jetfire) seems to not exist at all, outside of mirage, who i think was released as part of wave three (cliffjumper and ramjet). the reason i asked this, could these few waves experience the same events that the classics wave two wave went thru. aka the stock magically appeared during the movie one drought (that is how i got ahold of a grimlock)?

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Everything you named there were late additions to their respective lines. The later released toys are pretty much always harder to find than most of the others.

3. guard convoy

News Credits:
    but i am just curious what happens to the stock of those figures.....surely that wasn't the case with wave two of classics.

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wave 2 of classics was never rare. The stores had a bunch so Hasbro or the warehouses had leftovers then when the movie toys sold so well plus the drought Classics wave 2 was sent to stores.

The ones you listed are different. They are end-of-the-line toys that never saw large distribution to begin win. The extras got sent to canada and australia so the chances of a warehouse somewhere sitting on them is slimmer.

5. guard convoy

News Credits:
    you can't tell me Grimlock and Jetfire weren't hard to find across the board....i know i went to several stores not able to find them.......i know others had my problem too

6. rustyshark

rustyshark G1 FTW

there are tons of wreckgars here in nc. at least in my area. may have to go ahead and pick him up this week since he seems to be rare everywhere

7. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    that's why I got my universe Vector prime, bruticus, and inferno online. :D 

8. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Grimlock was short-packed compared to his casemates as I recall, only one per case. Jetfire is a bit harder to explain, but works differently. Voyager cases include far fewer figures than a Deluxe case, and there were only ever three molds released, with Jetfire being the last one.

In any case, the point is that these groups of figures are rare for entirely different reasons. Case ratios and popularity were the reasons why Grimlock and Jetfire were scarce - all the stuff in your first post suffered from being released at the tail end of a line.

9. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    I never saw Ratchet, and only saw a few minibots here and there. I really hope Ratchet shows up again cause I really wanted him. Animated Wreck-gar is actually somewhat common in my area (South Florida) and I have seen 5 to 8 of them sitting on shelves before. I guess it could just depend on your location.

10. guard convoy

News Credits:
    yea i knew grimlock was one per case, it just makes me scratch my head at the fact that so many grimlocks and jetfire showed up in the drought yet none were really around when they were suppose to be out

11. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was really surprised to see 20 Animated Cliffjumpers two weeks ago at a local department store here. I almost wet myself with glee.

12. guard convoy

News Credits:
    HOLY SHIT :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper: 

13. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Ive still not seen Cliffjumper yet.

14. TM2 D-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeap, with the same amount of Dirge's also on display.

Hasbro L.A. isn't known for it's good distribution. Furthermore these were all only found in one retail store, no other store has them in the country. They were put out with Bumblebee, Starscream, and Bulkhead activators.

We also never got the later Animated waves, so that means no Samurai Prowl, Waspinator, Wreck-Gar, Leader Repaints, Voyager Repaints, etc, etc, etc. So how did these guys end up here? I'll never know.

I also managed to snag a Crossovers Hulk for 10 bucks on clearance at the same store, and some neat KOs including an Animated Deluxe BB :p 

15. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

After December I never saw a single classics figure. The only ones I saw were a few ultras here or there. I picked up Onslaught back in June and bought Powerglide today (Sweet figure :D )

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I got TFA Wreck-gar no problem and thereis at least 1 maybe 2 at my local Wal-mart as for the others you listed i never saw any of them here

17. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All of the waves you listed are the last waves of their respective price points. What made it worse is they were released after Xmas. These two things put together lead to massive under-ordering from retailers. A lot of stores in my area never stocked legends again after xmas. What made it even worse in the case of activators was that hasbro had started reshipping wave two as a refresher when everybody and their mother had deluxes for sale cheaper then activators. I dont recall Ratchet and hotshot being hard to find in my area but he did sell out fast.

keep in mind the extra under ordered stock does end up somewhere. For example literally two weeks ago my kohls received and stocked about 10 cliffjumpers along with their movie toys. I have seen Universe ratchet in drug stores during june, and i swear my toyrus is still getting shipments of animated voyagers. When looking for older wave toys you have to get creative. Drug stores, grocery stores, dept stores. The places you would never go to looking for new stuff.

Also your Grimlock didn't magically appear during the movie one drought. Toy stores were instructed to pull and not stock any and all non TF movie toys in 07. It wasn't till the stores were completely sold out of movie toys that they said screw it and started stocking this other stuff. This will not happen with Rotf because most major retailers still have animated out and clearanced out universe. However I am totally expecting toyrus to have Supreme animated Prime for like $15 this xmas

18. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

I found Grimlock on my first try.

19. TM2 D-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forgot to say, we also got the last minobot wave in by June of this year. To bad I had already bought them online a long time before that.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Even less shows up here in Blighty. Most of the time I have to import those last few figures of a line because if they're rare Stateside then it usually means they won't show up at all here. It's a rum bum and no mistake.