"OK, That's Enough" traits and trends in Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LoserBroadside, May 25, 2012.

1. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Because I'm a very opinionated man, I have decided to catalog a list of things that I think need to be retired from the realm of Transformers.

Swordguns. It I don't care how many pegs you cram on, holding a sword like a gun, even with a tiny little cylinder at the tip of the sword, still looks like like you've run out of ideas.

All-Spark Blue. Sometimes you have to admit to yourself that no, you're probably not going to get around to making another pie, and should probably just toss that half tin of pie filling.

Stealth/Night Attack/Action Force/MurderGun/Blastpow/Action Night/Stealth Murder Bumblebee. Oh boy! More Bumblebees! is a sentence that hasn't been uttered since 2007.

Everything is Triple Changer! If you can describe it with the word "afterthought" than no, it probably shouldn't count as a third mode.

Transformers can be ANYTHING that is a car or plane. There...there are a lot of other things out there. Not every Transformer needs to turn into a car or a plane. I'm counting trucks as cars and spaceships as planes.

Megatron's Picassomodes I get that he can't be a gun, and that maybe you don't want him to be a tank or whatever. But please make him turn into SOMETHING other than a spike spaceshippy thing that maybe has a cockpit or maybe that's just a bump. As they say, a hero is only as good as his villain. Prime deserves to fight something that looks like a thing, not The Thing.

How about you? What have I missed? What am I woefully and tragically mistaken about? Do these jeans make me look fat?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee not being able to speak.

3. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Amen brother.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    This is an odd one, but the size of Deluxe pegshellthingamajigs. Why? Because reducing their size would allow for larger case assortments and slipping in an extra of that one shortpacked character.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Quoting the 86 movie.

Die. Die. Die trend. Die.

6. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely. I swear, if I hear, "One shall stand. One shall fall," one more time, I'm going to personally break the fingers of the writer(s) that abuse that line.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Mechtech/Powerizer weapons.

I await the day when these die off for good. No one likes them, unless they can actually stay open! I'd be way more open to these weapons if they could stay open, since they actually look cool that way.

8. Bountyan

News Credits:
    I agree with this one too.

I roll my eyes every time I hear "One shall stand, one shall fall" and "light our darkest hour."

9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they absolutely must quote the movie, why not something other than the 3 most overused lines? Why not, "We all must die sometime, Autobot!" That's a hell of a great line that never gets reused. :) 
    Hm. . . maybe the fact that it hasn't been ground into the dirt is what makes it good. How about people just stop borrowing lines from that movie altogether. I like that.

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I've never seen a swordgun in this dandom in my life. I think you're confusing crappy anime with Transformers.

I've had enough of the selfsame back kibble on every fucking Cyberverse Legion. Every time it's the car roof just shifted to the back, and for once I would like a new goddamn transform. Look at Breakdown and Cliffjumper. They need more of that.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The recurring concept of "No one but Optimus/Megatron can defeat Megatron/Optimus". There's nothing wrong with the leader being the strongest and most capable warrior of the group, but I get a little annoyed seeing said leader effortlessly taking down the ENTIRE opposing army before coming up against the other side's boss.

12. Bountyan

News Credits:
    Yeah a lot of the legends car transformations seem to be the same. Stand car up, expand door panels out as arms, extend car rear as legs.

13. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

i'm sick of every new transformers show having optimus, megatron, bumblebee, soundwave and starscream! it gets REALLY boring and predictable

14. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    These.

-Optimus and Megatron being the leaders of their respective factions in EVERY piece of media.
    -Melee weapons being more powerful then guns, ala Movieverse and Prime.

15. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Here are some CHARACTER trends I'd like to see die.

The badass - This 'bot has almost no personality whatsoever and exists purely to deliver one liners and blow shit up, and after however many times of saving the day, we all just want them to stop hogging the limelight and give someone else a turn. I think we all have a few different characters in mind when it comes to this.

The Naive young robot - Now, it's okay to have a rookie in the series, it helps the younger audience connect with the character. I'm just sick that constantly we're stuck with young hot heads who don't take orders and get into a mess every week that is cleaned up by the older bots. Have them learn a damn lesson now or then, or at least throw in a fe personality traits that AREN'T annoying.

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I've tried to avoid saying what has already been said in this thread.

Generic Decepticons. We've had them for four years in a row now and I am sick of them. All they do is make the Decepticons look bad. And as in quality, not morals.

Downsizing. This is the number one thing that has put me off collecting. The figures keep getting smaller and smaller and the price doesn't even go down. We're just getting less for our money now.

Cancellations. Since Animated, the only lines that seem to be safe have been ROTF and Generations.

Decepticons must never win at all. That rule greatly diminishes my appreciation of TF cartoons.

BayBerg. OK they made a trilogy. Lets bring in the new and better. They seem to be the only people making TF media these days that doesn't give a fuck about fans. And that's just one problem with them.

And now I couldn't be bothered to think up more.

17. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Some people might be like me and didn't watch Transformers until Prime came along. I love it.

I agree with Kaymac on the mechtech weapons. I would much rather have screen accurate weapons. That said, I have seen some mods to the mechtech ones that made them look pretty nice, and they do look at a lot better when deployed. They just need to be modded to stay that way.

18. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

yeah but starscream leaves the decepticons in like every freaking series. and i know most of us are sick of bumblebee. and honestly, in my opinion every new "soundwave" makes soundwave lamer and lamer to me. (not that i hate soundwave)

19. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

Constant quoting of Transformers: The Movie. I'm sicking of hearing "One shall stand, one shall fall." or "Til' all are one." It's getting old.
    Megatron having different alt modes. They should stick to making him transform into a tank or helicopter.

20. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

You guys have hit on a lot of good points.

I could stand to see the Deceps win in a series overall for once. I'm tired of the downsized toys. I couldn't believe how small Knock-Out was when I saw him in the package...and he was still $12+.

I'm also tired of only Megs and Ops only being able to beat each other and no one else being able to touch them.

I'm tired of Prime dying in nearly every series that he is in.

I hate seeing the characters (Deceps) lose because they do something that lacks common sense. If you have the item you are trying to steal IN-HAND and you are one gunshot away from taking out a major enemy that is lying under you on the ground, why do you not take the additional 3/4 seconds to pull the trigger and finish it before you leave?