Ok so when can we expect a Hasbro MP Thundercracker?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, Jan 9, 2011.

1. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

With Hasbro having released a MP Starscream then a MP Skywarp... and I dont think they will just skip a MP Thundercracker release, so will we get one after the Hasbro MP Hotrod release? Any thoughts about it???? (I put Hotrod because hasbro is not releasing the trailer)

2. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Seeing as Skywarp sat on shelves forever and was eventually sold at clearance (lowest I ever saw was $12), I can't see Wal-Mart wanting another Seeker :) .

Toys R' Us though, maybe.

3. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

It's an easy enough repaint so one will probably happen eventually. I'd also like to see another Starscream in the same color scheme as the G1 toy as I never liked the white one.

4. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

No sh*t?.... damn!!! i wish i had the chance to get Skywarp for $12!!! :banghead: 

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Skywarp was walmarts on fault they ordered way to many. From hasbros point of view it was a success because walamrt bought them from hasbro. So its possible that TC could be a tru exclusive sometime.

6. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I wish I had waited and bought him at $12 :p 

7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I got all 5 of my MP Skywarps for $7.

I do hope Hasbro makes Thundercracker, as I wouldn't put it past them to not do it or to do it either way.

Randy

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^^^

Me too but don't let that price fool you. That 7 dollar purchase pushed me to buy more MP Transformers and that line is not cheap:2c: 

9. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    7$ each or total?

10. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow 7 bucks for MP Skywarp? Nice deal. I got mine for 20. It was the only one left so I didn't feel like waiting for it to go down more.

Anyways, I'd very much like to see a Hasbro version. Since Starscream and Skywarp were exclusive to Wal-Mart, it would probably be the same for him. Unless TRU gets all the good stuff now.

11. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Sure, it's an easy repaint...but an easy seller? No way. Skywarp is still rotting on shelves somewhere. Maaaybe Toys 'R US. But I highly doubt Walmart or Target would have anything to do with it, and it definitely wouldn't be a normal release.

12. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

We will never see one because everyone wanted to cheap out and wait for the discount on MP Skywarp. Thus as everyone else here has said, he shelfwarmed. So the chance is most likely very slim.

13. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    But ask yourself, if you knew eventually walmart will clearance a 60$ toy, would you still buy it for 60$?..walmart did that to themselves, you see this year exclusives was a bunch of cheap repaints..

14. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Another possibility for MP TC would be to see him as a BBTS exclusive like the seacons if not a tru exclusive.

15. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Short Answer: Masterpiece line is unlikely to get any further support at US retail other than specialty retailers who can call the shots.

Long Answer: Wal-Mart overlooked the fact that Skywarp isn't as recognisable as Starscream and lost money on it as a result.

It's debatable if Thundercracker is any more recognizable than Skywarp. Going by the way Takara and Hasbro have treated the character the last few years, they seem to reckon he may be less recognised.

After Skywarp, i doubt WalMart would want to go near Thundercracker. In fact, i have some doubts any non-specialty retailer would want to go near it, or perhaps even the Masterpiece line full stop.

A fifty dollar plus toy with no supporting movie or modern cartoon is a hard sell unless the character is particularly memorable...more so when it's third time at retail for the mold.

That would suggest that Hasbro are effectively tied to a specialty retailer..
    ..and since MP Grimlock and MP Roddy are both TRU exclusives, it looks like that's who it is.

TRU then for their part can probably call the shots. Reportedly their arm had to be twisted to even take Animated Roddy and Ironhide

Essentially, they probably see MP Thundercracker as a poor investment.

I'm also fairly confident that once MP Roddy is done at TRU there'll be another new mold for TRU to consider.... and even if there isn't that doesn't necessarily mean they'll order Thundercracker.

...and if Hasbro and Takara are using the same molds for seekers, they may need to modify them a little. My MP3G is showing a few loose parts.

And on the off chance some of you are thinking that Hasbro or retailers don't really understand the demand for such a toy, and that it would be anything more than a muted success for them, you're mistaken.