ok so let's assume the trailer is with Day Earth Stood Still....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Dec 5, 2008.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Ok so let's assume that the TF ROTF teaser is with The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Everyone is gonna be rushing to their multiplexes to watch it because its possible the trailer is with it.

I just saw the commercial for the movie saying it is showing on regular and IMAX theaters.

We all read that key scenes of TF ROTF were shot in IMAX. So it is possible the teaser may debut on giant IMAX screens.

So where will you go?

And if you decided to go to the IMAX to catch it because thats the best possible way to watch the movie, and it doesn't show up, are you gonna try to watch it again on the regular screens?

I wanna watch The Day the Earth Stood Still on IMAX but not if the teaser won't be with it.

Only time will tell

2. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I'm a HUGE Gort fan, so I'm excited for TDTESS

But for some reason I have a hard time believing they will attach the trailer to TDTESS. But that is just me

3. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

im going to wait untill saturday and see what all of you guys say on whether or not the trailer is even present, and then if it is im going to find it on youtube

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I plan on going to see TDTESS anyways, though I'll be going to a regular theater. Te closes Imax to me is just too far away to justify the trip up there. If the trailer doesn't show in front of the movie, no biggy. I'll just wait to watch it on youtube, or something.

5. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    plan on seeing it anyway, even if the trailer's not attached to it. if it's attached to a movie i don't intend on seeing though i'm sticking to the same strategy i had for if it were with twilight: wait for the buttcam version online

6. MBSHOOT

MBSHOOT Well-Known Member

With the way things go these days there are no suprises, the internet knows all. lol

TRANSFORMERS WILL NOT SHOW A TEASER WITH TDTESS.

7. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Is this a teaser trailer, or is it an announcement trailer like we got for the first movie?

8. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

I think it is a teaser trailer. I'm going to go to the regular theather to watch it if the trailer is present.

9. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Since it's attached (rumored to be anyways) to a movie I have no interest in watching, I will be watching it on the Internet when it is released to us that way.

10. MBSHOOT

MBSHOOT Well-Known Member

^ Yeah i love Transformers but im not gana waste 8 dollars to watch Keanu Reeves...

11. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I will be extremely surprised if it's actually with TDTESS.

Surely we would have had confirmation by now if it was...

...I mean it opens in a week, right? It's got to be shipping out cinemas any day now, yes?

12. mikey_ak

mikey_ak Member

Not exactly... As an ex-projectionist for the country's largest theatre chain let me give you a few insights on how the procedure works. The trailers that will appear on a new film are negotiated between the studio producing the film being released, the studio wanting their trailer on it, and the theatre parent corporation. Those decisions are usually finalized about a week ahead of the new release with instructions being sent down to the theatre about 4 days before (so on Monday for an upcoming Friday opening). Brand new, never before seen trailers to be attached to a specific film will be packed in the shipping cases with that film so wont get to the theatres until late Wednesday or early Thursday.

Also, I-MAX special trailers are practically unheard of so I imagine if this gets attached to an I-MAX release of TDTESS it will just be an over-size blowup rather than something worth making a special trip for.

13. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

I'm going to see this anyway.

14. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think TDTESS looks like it’s going to stink and all the teaser trailers in the world will not make me go see it when I can just download it in glorious HD with in a couple of days.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

My gut feeling is that The Day Earth Stood Still is either going to be a great retelling put into modern perspectives or it's going to be something like that Planet of the Apes remake many years ago. Think I'll just wait on the review.

Plus it seems like I have such bad luck with getting the new trailers since I got a bunch of older one's with Bond instead of the Star Trek one. So I'll likely have to catch any Transformers teaser trailer we get off the net. On the bright side it will likely be in HD so it should be good for all except the people determined not to find anything they like with the movie-verse.

16. Doomofman

Doomofman Suck my popsicle!

News Credits:
    Will be going to see TDTESS anyway, but evenif the TF2 trailer is with it in the states, No guarantee we'll get it over this side of the pond :( 

17. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i feel your pain. australia usually gets in-cinema trailers last. we got tf1 pretty much first for release though, that was cool.
    i'd seen it twice before the majority of the board had once. that was my big man moment.

18. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Doubt it.

19. Aquarius

Aquarius Well-Known Member

Aww, seriously? My boyfriend dragged me to watch Bond on Thanksgiving when I had to work at 4 in the morning, so I spaced trailers and there was Star Trek. It was the only thing that kept me awake, haha.

Anyway I have to agree with what a previous poster said, I'm not going to watch Keanu Reeves do his usual thing just for TF preview that I can watch on YouTube the next day.

20. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Its funny, I had a dream the other night that I went to see ROTF and they showed the trailer then.