ok plz explain this to me lol

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Queen Dork, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Queen Dork

Queen Dork Banned

ok so cybertron is supposedly a continuation of energon right?.....where unicron exploded and left a black hole and megatron absorbed unicrons spark or some crazy shit and got "unicron armor"

but at the end of superlink unicron didnt blow up and leave a black hole.so is it different in galaxy force? i mean galaxy force isnt a continuation of superlink is it?

cuz the gf versions of the cybertron characters dont even have the names they had in energon like dreadrock and exilion

ok now ive gone and confused myself :banghead: 

sorry if this has a thread already but i searched and found nada

2. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    I think the US producers stretched in every way possible to make Galaxy Force somehow fit with Energon.

The Japanese producers made a slight reference to Unicron exploding, but they never said who did it, either Energon or G1's Rodimus Prime. In a Galaxy Force episode, they did show Prime, Jazz, Ultra Magnus, and Rodimus Prime.

So my guess? G1 blew up Unicron which caused a gigantic shift in the balance of good and evil ... which caused the black hole ... that stretched though time and space.

3. Queen Dork

Queen Dork Banned

hmmm i never put 2 and 2 together on the g1 cameo thing....but that would make sense

4. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    OR, Galaxy Force is it's own series, but Hasbro wanted a trilogy, so they tweaked a few things to make it loosely fit together, but just barely.

5. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Htat good stuff, e3nine..

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have another question. While it's obvious that Superlink has nothing to do with Galaxy Force, was anything ever explicitly said in Cyberteron that links Cybertron to Energon? I remember in Cybertron at one point Optimus Prime saying he had never heard of combining robots before. Even the G1 Optimus Prime wouldn't have said that after Devastator's appearance.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hasbro has confirmed on the Ask Vector Prime column that Cybertron takes place 50 years after Energon, it's also been mentioned by the writers and design team that certain elements of Energon, such as the Energon grids and cooperation with the Transformers, were covered up.
    Also, there's a possibility that Cybertron's premise was written before Energon was finished - and that Energon's ending was rewritten to incorporate the Powerlinx Battles, which I personally think weren't going to be in there originally. It seems, as far as Cybertron goes, Energon ended circa episode 39, and the rest of the story after that point is ignored. Which for some critics of Energon's ending should be no big deal.

Mistranslation. That is a faithful representation of the same scene in Galaxy Force, where the dialogue was correct, but alas when it was translated the writers hadn't been told that this wasn't the case in the Western mythos. Somewhere, the line got overlooked by someone and it slipped through. Of course, you might rectify it as "we've never seen a combination of this kind before", referring to how two essentially different races, Cybertronian and Animatrosian, could combine into one and also affect the Cyber Key alignment. But it is one heck of a stretch not properly supported in the dialogue.

8. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Actually, watching GF, they left a LOT of leeway in there for a connection to Superlink. The whole idea that Grand Black Hole is disrupting space AND time means that Unicron's death could have, essentially, altered history from that point onward. Which would mean that Unicron's death changed the universe in a very critical, paradoxical way, where only Nightscream and Galvatron, being at the center of that cataclysmic event, were spared the effects of the space/time warp.

9. Dio

Dio Scrapper

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Yes, I'm happy you found funny pictures too.

11. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I'll admit it. I laughed.

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Kidding, of course. :D 

13. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i thought the story wnet that Has/Tak designed Cybertron/GF to be a sequal (as evidanced by design sketches featuring their previous series names) and Gonzo wanted to go their own way, takara agreed and Hasbro had to shoe-horn the series in.

Since there's no comics, i'm going by the bios for the real story....

14. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

And that's the official line from Hasbro. Hasbro always intended for Cybertron to be the third in line of the trilogy. Gonzo didn't feel comfortable following up someone else's work and decided to do their own thing. Takara was ok with that. Hasbro decided to just try to make things fit.

15. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    That would be kind of hard to cover up three giant towers (four if you count the moon) that literally reached into the heavens.

16. galvamega

galvamega I hold true power....

Yeah, that would be hard.