OK. Now It's MY turn to rant!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ABrown, Mar 16, 2012.

1. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    So, as that congratulating me or calling me a Baybie?

2. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    To the OP, Just keep researching and looking around to find what you like.
    Masterpiece and Classics style are a good place to start. Masterpiece Grimlock is a great toy for example.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  3. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Well then, if you still want Prime toys that are good for display, I suggest you try your hand at obtaining the First Edition figures. The Voyager Optimus Prime's accuracy to the show model and overall presence might be right up your alley, for example.

Failing that, try the Masterpiece series. Alternators/Binaltech could be worth looking at as well.

And if even those don't do it for you, then stick to G1. Absolutely nothing wrong with them if you only wish to collect and display and don't really care about super exciting action poses. Just stick with what you like.:) 

4. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Neither - I was merely illustrating the difference in rhetoric. But if you consider yourself relatively new to the fandom, a fan of Bayverse and you think you generally act disrespectful and immature by posting posts like the one I qouted then by all means, do feel free to label yourself as such.

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:

What specifically don't you like About Beast Machines & Prime or anything between that you did like about G1 & reissues, G2, Machines Wars & Beast Wars ?

I can see some things to complain about in specific areas but I'd never write off an entire line in totality personally.

* Not really ; I can think of several toylines that are equal or better in terms of play value or brand quality most from the 80's and 90's. Transformers just happens to be the last man standing is all.

[EDIT] : I think the Smaller size ones are the ones you are having a problem with I suggest you buy Ratchet's Deluxe or the Vehicon when he comes out and see how you like those.

Also 3 movie lines, Universe, Universe 2.0, Generations/RTS, Robotmasters, Binaltech, Disney label, Masterpiece, Micron Legend, Superlink, Kissplayers, Alternity, Device Label, A tone of Legends toys & Sports label (laugh). Not to mention 3rd party items.

I don't think anyone was missing much by not having a Transforming Mikey Mouse, Laser Mouse or Shoe though.

I'm not totally without sympathy for eccentric opinions as I get funny looks myself when I extol the virtues of Superlink or say my favourite toyline is Galaxy Force/Cybertron.

P.s.

Gobots toys were far superior to transformers Transformers in terms of engineering in 99% of the cases until they introduced better joint at the end of G2 - Machine Robo/ Gobot - especially the DX ones compare favourably to modern toys - Transformers just look quaint like looking at a 1970's Japanese robot when compared to what they sat on shelves with in the mid 80's.

I Like G1 heck I'd not have over 600 of them if I didn't but - I'm not so pig headed to say it's better than the stuff Bandai made at the same time - in way both of those sorts of things survived in some form bandai still make robot lines they just evolved and changed into Sentai/Power Rangers more than machine Robo stuff.

I think G1 is revered as people like te toys alongside the comics or cartoons and they were perhaps simply around longer and more easy to get - and something like Minobots were a little cheaper than a Gobot (I think). But Gobots are definitely superior toys ... However despite that I can't say I think about them much - so Transformers does capture the Nostaliga vibe much more than Gobots does for me.

But dispassionately Gobots are superior toys in most cases.

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    They even had way better combiners!

7. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    You mean the Gobot "minibots" were superior to the Transfromers "minibots"
    right? That I do agree with, but Transformers had Deluxe size on up.

8. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

very true