OK. Now It's MY turn to rant!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ABrown, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    This.

2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I know people who can't stand anything that isn't G1, it's like pose-ability, good sculpting, details and show accuracy pail in comparison to bricks with a tiny bit of paint chipped metal.

3. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Once again I point to my first post in this thread, read and think about it.

It would be the same thing to say m Iphone is far superior then that Nokia 3210 I hade back in the days. Sure the Nokia was a good phone at the time and pales in comparassion to a iphone. But the Nokia was good for its time and tech but it was not so WOO WOO factor as the G1 fuigures were for their time. Prime and a whole others were made during early years of 80s before Transformers. That makes them way complex and masterpieces for their time.

Anyone not seeing that, really needs to think 2 or 3 times. This is the reason why G1 toys are superior to most toys even by today standard. I can explain this is a far long rant but Im not going to , either you see it or you dont. But the fact is that G1 toys are superior but it requiers the person lookign at themwhole picture and not just " uhmm I have articulation on this figure so hes better"...that argument is stupied.

4. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Okay, but you don't still use that old Nokia. One can respect that something was revolutionary for its time and still have no interest in it today.

5. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    That seems to be quickly forgotten when people talk about the sturdiness and durability of G1 toys. People can't say that Cyberverse is flimsy trash and then rant about how solid and metal-laden Optimus Prime is, it's not an equal comparison. I see a lot of broken minibots and cassettes when I'm looking through old toys for sale

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Of course, ppl can have whatever intrest they want and I dont denie the new toys to be good but with todays standard a reguler Tf toy or a MP is not that WOW WOW factor and revolutianry if your lokking at the collectable communety as a whole. To

The G1 figures when they came or heck even in the diaclone line were like HOLY SHIT WERE DID THESE CAME FROM sentiment.

This is the reason I am trying to get accross. This is why looking at the big picture the G1 toys are superior. But It does not mean that I force this on anybody to like them.

7. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

Whoever said, "baybe-verse" well done sir laughed pretty hard when I read that.

I bet you're talking about these:
    [​IMG]

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you spent half as much time actually reading my post as you did taking pictures and coming up with a snarky reply, you would have noticed that I didn't say they were "on the same level as a cheap McDonalds toy". Try again.

Reading: It's FUNdamental.

9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    My favorite part about this thread is how everyone jumps on this guy about HIS opinion. Especially rude too. Gotta love the fandom!

Maybe enough with the rudeness and try to give him some good toys to look at. And you know, he is correct. G1 toys are better then what we get today. They may not be some engineering marvel, but G1 has better alt mode accuracy and more fun to play with.

But yet again, that is MY opinion. Guess what, people have their own opinions and calling them dumb for their opinions is not going to change anything. Like I said, give them some awesome toy recommendation.

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, after reading all of the posts in here (especially the ones where like you say, everyone's jumping up his tailpipe), I'm just gonna say that while we might not like the majority of what's been released (be it now or then), there's bound to be a few that we do. In other words, I don't focus on liking an entire line or even caring about it. Instead, I look at pictures, videos, listings, etc (much of which right form the Resource section) & then narrow my search. With that, I can effectively leave stuff alone that I don't like, and without depriving myself of the shit that I do. For example, I really like the DOTM Crankcase, so I bought him. The ones that I didn't care for simply didn't come home with me, and I tend to know what I'm looking for even before going into the store.

Also to Pikatron, the Mcdonalds Beast Wars toys are still some of my favorite today, namely the red beetle.

11. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

Mate its your opinion if you like them or not :)  But on the other hand you should really buy the deluxes and voyagers if you want to find out if the toys are good, I mean judging by just the small scale line won't help.

12. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

Its all about using the internet to get an idea of what you want.Going to G1 to PRID is huge gap of other lines that you miss out on.That's why I suggest to people who only collected G1 the AEC line first.Those lines provide a nice mix of pose-ability, brickage and allows the collector the stay in a comfort zone.

13. Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you go back and read my contribution to this thread, not a single word of it was rude. Sadly, it got ignored.

14. At0mic Cav3man

At0mic Cav3man Well-Known Member

Yeah really. The classics/universe/generations lines are probably the best Transformers toys ever made. You get all the nostalgia of G1 style but with modern articulation and transformation. It's by far my favorite line ever.

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    You forget that the g1 toy came BEFORE the cartoon. Would you prefer the animators stayed true to the toy?

The RID Voyager figure look nice, but I have to agree with the OP. They just feel really really cheap. Good thing I can at least make them look nice by customizing them. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't bother getting them too.

16. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? What I see from G1 fans are complaints along the lines of

"aww, man - I wish they would have done this instead"

or

"ffs, why can't they make a classics trailbreaker"

where as the Baybies go after the guy who posts, like this:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Baybies...I love it

18. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    I read the first post and was going to type some logical and knowledge stuff about this and it's history..... but as I kept reading..... I lost the will.

19. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Wow. I went to bed thinking that this thread would be long dead by the time I woke up.

But see that's the thing. I don't play with them. I definitely understand that these figures might very well be more enjoyable to play with than the original Transformers toys were. But for me, I buy them mostly just to collect and display. I really don't think that I "played" with my original toys even when I was a child. I just never had the imagination to play with my toys. Without the great Transformers cartoons over the years, I probably wouldn't be the least bit into Transformers.

I got that for my stepson for Christmas back in 2006. Honestly, I really wasn't impressed with that figure either.

I had those! I absolutely loved those. I consider those to be much better transformers than what I recently got in my happy meal the other day.

Exactly. I understand that the toys that I bought aren't going to be as good as the more expensive ones. But I'm comparing the ones that I bought to the smaller ones that I had as a kid, and still have. Had these figures been closer to the smaller combiner figures: Protectobots, Constructicons, Combaticons, etc., I would've been more than happy.

On another note. I recently bought a couple of the Thundercats figures based on the original Thundercats cartoon. I got the Mumm-Ra and the Lion-o figures. I think they're outstanding. Solid, well designed. Now granted, I know that it's not fair to compare the cheaper Transformers toys to the more expensive ones. But I have a feeling that I would still like these figures more than the more expensive Optimus and Megatron figures.

20. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I did:

-Reads thread
    -Sees "It's not an exaggeration to say G1 were the best toys ever made"
    -Laughs

I think you've got some very thick nostalgia shades on there. Even though they don't have rubber tires or chrome or die-cast metal, the new toys are clearly more complex, more accurate, and more articulated. If you think them being not as solid is a downfall, remember this: If a toy from today "breaks," you can usually just pop whatever limb came off back on thanks to ball joints. If a toy from G1 breaks... well it's usually just broken. Now I'm not saying G1 toys are bad, because they aren't. In fact, they were marvels for their time and have their place in history, but they are certainly not better toys than what we have today, and most definitely not the best transformers ever made. Now maybe you didn't like to play with your toys as a kid, but that's what toys are for, and you can't just hate on them because today they serve the very purpose they were designed for. If you want toys designed with collectors in mind, try the Alternators or Masterpiece lines. They're also based on G1 characters, if that makes any difference.