OK. Now It's MY turn to rant!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ABrown, Mar 16, 2012.

1. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

So it's been about ten years since I've bought Transformers toys that weren't reissues. I haven't really bought any new Transformers toys since the Beast Machines line. The Beast Machines line was bad, I mean really bad. I had really hoped that after more than ten years Hasbro would've put a little more effort into their Transformers toys.

Anyway, I was at Toys R Us the other day and was very excited to see a decent amount of Transformers Prime toys. Given how much I love the series, picking up the toys based on the series seemed like a no brainer. I am seriously tempted to bring the figures back to Toys R Us and ask for my money back. As far as I'm concerned, that was about $60 down the drain. These toys are seriously garbage. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that the original Transformers cartoon was the greatest cartoon ever made. But I don't think it's an exaggeration for me to say that they were the greatest toys ever made.

And then I was at McDonalds and saw that they've got Prime toys included in their Happy Meals. So I went ahead and got a figure there. I wouldn't have been surprised had the McDonalds happy meal figure been better than the real figures. The McDonalds happy meal toy doesn't even Transform! It's just a fricken car! I mean seriously Hasbro! Is this the best that you can do???

2. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

If McDonald's toys transformed, they would compete with cyberverse toys.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    It's McDonald's. I don't expect complex engineering for happy meal toys.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which toys did you get?

5. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

What precisely do you find so distasteful about the Prime Toys?

As for the McDonalds one... I'm kind of confused as to how Hasbro has degenerated so far. Back during the Beast Era at least the figures Transformed, they were even considered to be new figures/characters. Nowadays... Well just look. They don't even Transform, so why is it called Transformers?

6. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Do we not have a thread for this?

(Or twenty? We must, surely.)

7. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

They don't make give away legends figures which is what McDonald's toys would be. The last time they had transforming toys was for animated ... no legends were made for animated. I have yet to buy a prime toy, so I can't argue for or against you on whether they are good toys.

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Way to live in the past man.

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Cool story bro, you can have your reissues while some of us enjoy our Prime toys. And why does this site need another rant thread?

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol. You skipped A LOT of good toys from the end of Beast Machines till now... You just have bad luck I guess.

11. EShadowP

EShadowP Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :tumbleweed: 

Next?

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAno.

How many G1 toys are as complex as they are today? Or posable? Or have as good sculpts? Hell, how many can turn their heads?

13. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    My last Transformer was from 1988 (A Headmaster), so these new Prime figures are great in my opinion. For their price, and the engineering done, I think that they are a deal at any price below 20 bucks per figure. Yeah, the plastic seems thinner, but at least they are designed to come apart if you bend a piece the wrong way as opposed to breaking.

Your 60 dollars...I'm guessing was spent on four deluxe figures? Which figures did you get? For a rant, you really don't go off on just how BAD the Prime figures were to you.

Also, it's a Happy Meal toy...that had its own gimmicks designed into them instead of just transforming. I've gone off on some bad rants, but never on a Happy Meal toy. They are truly designed for kids, and I'm sure that the people behind the toys themselves don't go "Gee, we should make these toys with the Adult collector in mind."

14. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

[​IMG]

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    How many G1 toys can do that?

16. radicaldeth

radicaldeth Member

Ebay:
    Since you bought at TRU that wasn't even a whole $60 worth of toys . They have a higher mark up on stuff.

Voyagers

TRU $27
    Target $20
    -----------

Deluxes

TRU $15
    Target $13
    -----------

Cyberverse

TRU $12

Target $5-$10

The MSRP is $10 since it includes a 1 episode DVD. That ones a crapshoot. Its not in there system, so pick a price. No kidding. I said $7 and that's what they charged to me.
    ---------

Legions

TRU $6
    Target $4

It's been discussed the McD's toys didn't transform. I bought some Bot Shots instead, The 3 packs are $8 at Target and $13 at TRU.

Almost forgot the now expired $3 DOTM coupons. If you were lucky, cashiers took those at checkout.

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Which figures did you get? This might be a bad case of buying cruddy figures... or GEEWUN.

Also, you have missed out on some DAMN good figures over the years. Life isn't all about G1. Staying in the past only limits your options. I realize that G1 toys are a LOT more sturdy and well-constructed in terms of quality, but engineering only continues to go up in quality over the years.

18. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Double ur spending money an get urself a Master Piece figure. I don't think ull bitch as much.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Hell, I'm just realising he missed out on RID, Alts, Cybertron, Classics, ROTF, Animated...

I feel bad for him now.

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

THIS. Or some Classics. Also, a lot of sturdy-built toys with heavy ratchets and high quality construction also come from the Unicron trilogy.