Ok, need advice, should I bid on this....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Javi 2 Suave, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Javi 2 Suave

Javi 2 Suave The King Of Impulse TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So I find myself slowly getting back into collecting as my financial situation has improved drastically. I saw this auction on ebay and am really tempted to bid on it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&item=270007436035&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

There are a lot of bots in there that I have been looking for, and also a bunch that I already have thru reissues and some leftovers from my previous collection. So in the end I would keep everything I need and sell off the rest either here or on ebay to try to recoup what I spent.

How much do you think a lot like this is really worth. One thing I thought was pretty shady is that they guy posted a message at the bottom that he was desperate and would take $1200, and then the next day he backed out of that offer because he actually had a few people offer it to him! I just think that reflects badly on him.

But anyway, I could afford it, but I don't think I would want to spend more than $1200 or so on it and it would be a lot of work to sell the extra stuff, but there is a lof of stuff in there I want that I could get in one auction.

Opinions?

2. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you think you could make back alot of what you spent by selling doubles and extra stuff, then go for it. Thats what I would do, if I had the money.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I think the whole "$1200" just means that he was gaguing people's opinions; when he realised that peple WOULD pay that much, he took the offer off. So yes, it does indeed reflect badly on him.
    It certainly Is a hell of a lot of stuff, but weigh up how much of it you'd actually WANT.
    And that is the yellowest Jetfire EVER. Yikes.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I think it reall does depend on how much you want it. I personally dont think that can go for more than $1000... There are some worthwhile pieces in there(Omega supreme, Metroplex, the predacons) that just sweeten the deal.

That Jetfire is yellower than a smoker's teeth that smoked 100% of their life...

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would pass.

1. for one thing I hate hate big auctions like this. There is maybe a few items on there I would add to my collection

2. Look at the figures closely. Some have a lot of wear and tear to them. Others have a lot of yellowing.

6. Javi 2 Suave

News Credits:
    Well I placed a bid, I don't know if I want to spend $1200 for it, but I think I can live with $1000 so we will see how it ends up. I think there will be a big run up at the last minute.

That jetfire is yellow! Wow!!!

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Impressive, but I think it'd be more work than its worth. I'm speaking as one who has most of the stuff pictured, though.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Good luck, d00d. And if you do win, and don't want that Scamper handgun, I'd love to take it off your hands ;) 
    It's not just yellow... it's
    YELLOW!

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

if you win, you MUST take a picture of how exactly that stuff is delievered, is it delieved in a huge box? a bunch of boxes? a huge crate?

but for the most part, the collection does not seem to be all that great, now maybe if they were in better condtion i would concider it, but, for the most part they are all in c-6 or less condition. except a few figures here and there. and i can't even be sure that they are all complete, or even if the major ones are, which also would tell me not to spend $1000 on it. it's just simply too much money for non-complete, C-6 toys for me. even if it is hundreds of them. i've seen collections twice that size sell for that price, after all.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd stay away from that one. Lots are ok sometimes, but huge ones like that always look like trouble to me. You'd have to go through and account for parts for each figure to see how many are really complete, and then I'm sure there's a ton of parts still missing (I think at least 2 of Omega's yellow clips are for starters). On top of that, a lot of the figures are yellowed and beat up. Some do look pretty good though. With enough damaged/yellow figures you'd end up having to replace a fair number of them which would kill the value further.

Also I think it's more fun to buy slowly. It took me about 4 years to build my G1 collection from the 30 I had left to completeness, and it was fun. I think it's also worth taking the time to find pieces that are all in the condition you want. Since you have the money, take the time and get the good looking pieces, like a white and complete jetfire. :p 

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I bet they all smelll like smoke. If it were'nt for all the extra weapons to sale Id pass. Nothing's guaranteed, since he BELIEVES everything is there. But damn thats a huge lot.

All the real expensive bots are too yellowed or missing something. They way they were stored they might have broken pieces

I do think you could almost double your money back by selling them in singles, sets & weapons though if you were disappointed in the lots

Hey, lets do the math and see what your getting into hehe (with lowest price theories)

That Devastator- 60-80$
    G2 Devastator- 50-60
    Spare Metroplex w parts - 50-60$
    Predaking without footplates- 80$ ?
    That Trypticon - atleast 70$
    Omega Supreme - $80-90
    All those G1 minobots- 8$ ea Thee more than 10 in there so that's over 100
    Galvatron -25$ Needs that cone real bad
    Monstructor- 70-80
    Grimlock - 25
    Slag 20
    Dirty Megatron- 15
    Hotrod 25
    Those Gobots- 5-10 ea
    Seekers0 15-30
    Superion -70-80
    Apeface- 30-40 )noticed his other wing at the bottom)
    Snapdragon- 30-40
    Chromedome-30
    G1 cars- 20-50 each, and theres a few in there
    G1 cassettes -18-20 each if complete
    Pretenders- 25-35
    Mindwipe- 45-50 if he has his headmaster
    Decepticon clones- 30-40

I barely even broke the surface and there's over a grand's worth right there. Add the rest and that's a killer deal, considering that nothing's broken.

12. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I agree that this should be able to be broken up and resold for over $1000, but I don't think it's going to be nearly as easy as you list above.

Your "lowest prices" are about what I'd expect for NM & complete toys - And pretty much none of these toys are either:
    Most of the HeadMaster toys look to be missing heads & guns.
    Omega isn't complete.
    No way of telling if either OS tank even works.
    That Jetfire is in bad shape with few parts.
    I see very few individual weapons for the gestalts.
    I don't see a Monstructor (You probably mean Abominus.)
    No Dinobot swords.
    Very few cassette parts.
    No accys for the Pretenders
    Who's paying $10 for common Gobots?

Yeah, at $1000, you could still make it profitable, but you are going to be doing a lot of work to make it happen. If I needed to quickly stock a table for Botcon, I might take a stab at it.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    damn near everything that can be yellowed is yellowed. or "browned". I wouldnt even consider it at half the current price.

14. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Push my button.

News Credits:
    whoo, that yellow is BROWN.

15. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    My .02 I wouldn't the conditions on some are kinda crappy. If I were to buy it $750 tops. Granted there are a lot of doubles but you wouldn't make back majority on it. Theres a lot of parts missing from some of the bots too. but your money, your call.

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I would pass.

17. Javi 2 Suave

News Credits:
    Well we will see what happens, only 4 1/2 hours left and the guy said he would ship it out tomorrow once I paid him if I win. There is quite a bit of stuff I want in there and while I agree I will prob lose some cash on it hopefully I can make back enough to where it would justify the difference as being what I would have spent to get the bots I want without having to spend a bunch of time tracking them down.

But one thing is for sure, that Jetfire will not be kept as I already have a nice shiny white one :) 

18. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Someone should make a record book just to put that jetfire in. "Worlds YELLOWEST G1 Jetfire"

19. Javi 2 Suave

News Credits:
    Well I got outbid :( , but the guy might send me a second chance offer if the first guy can't pay by tomorrow so there is still a little hope...

But in the meantime, I won this auction today...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&item=320006268463&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

At first glance it looks like a bunch of broken bots, but upon closer inspection I can see the following bots...

G1 Gnaw - YES I've been wanting one of these
    G1 Hun-Grrr
    G1 Slugfest
    G2(?) Brawl
    Armada Superpants Prime
    Armada Megatron (broken antenna, but I think I see it in the pic)
    Armada Demolisher
    Armada Thrust with a possible broken arm or leg
    Armada Blurr
    Armada Sideswipe
    Armade Redalert
    Energon Hotshot
    Energon Skyblast
    Energon Ironhide
    and a couple others I am not sure of.

Even if they are not complete or maybe some of them are broken I still think it's a a great deal for $26 shipped!

Plus did I mention I got Gnaw!!!

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Nice score for 11.50!