Ok my love for Galaxy Force has reached new heights

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Recall, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I started watching Galaxy Force a few months back and even though it was very slow and a little dull I was enjoying it for what it was...A Transformers show but ever since reaching episode 23 my enjoyment has increased ten fold.

The story is now progressing at a better pace along with being a more interesting, dynamic and compelling story with actual fights that last longer than a single punch and a situation that can't be summed up in a single word. Starscream is just a fucking bad ass too, taking out everyone and capturing what he desired...a Decepticon actually triumphed, yippee.

Currently at Episode 28 and wonder at the fate of Exillion, Backpack and First Aid and where its all gonna lead with Megatron now out of his prison and on the hunt for Starscream. Anyway just thought I'd share my enjoyment of Galaxy Force and wondered if anyone else loved it too?

Edit: OK Episode 28 has new intro music and its awesome. The music for this series is great especially the intro's and outro's. J-Pop FTW!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The show hits a great stride in the second half, much like Armada. You're through what in my opinion was the worst part, the endless racing episodes, and on to the cooler stuff. Be warned, the ending will feel rushed, though.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of Galaxy Force's biggest pacekiller points was definitely Speedia for me, too.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool. I just finished watching Cybertron myself. I hear that Galaxy Force is better though as far as voices and music.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Sadly, that's the case with almost every TF series.

Loved Galaxt Force. Glad to see someone else enjoying it!

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    If by "better" you mean "a lot more dull and formalistic", yes.

7. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Galaxy Force is coherent where the Cybertron dub isn't, thus making it better for I.

8. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Well, the show picks up at eps 20-30 but then the quality declines, in my opinion. Gigalonia arc wasn't that exciting and the ending was lackster, bar the final fight.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Gasket is the single best character Transformers has ever produced.

10. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Inch-up would like a word with you.

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, once the show hits the halfway mark, it really does take a quantum leap in enjoyment. The whole Starscream arc is great watchin'. It falters a bit when it gets to Gigantion, mainly because the whole Planet X/Sideways thing is so half-heartedly explained (if you could even call it that), but the final run of episodes is really, really good, and it's definitely got the best "final episode" out of.... hmmn, potentially ANY Transformers series, to be honest. I love they way they take a whole episode for the wind-down so you can see what happened to everybody. Nearly every previous series of Transformers (particularly the Japanese ones) has the big baddie beaten in the last two or three minutes of the final episode, with a quick epilogue attached to the end to wrap it up. This really rammed home that the Unicron Trilogy was at its very final end. But not in a bad way.

Inch-Up would also like a name that's not hilariously stupid, but he can't have everything!

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Galaxy Force is great; easily my favorite TF show in the last ten years.

13. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

WOW! After all the hatin, this is a great thread! My favorite series out of them all is Cybertron. I'm so used to seeing everybody bashing it constantly. I love everything about Cybertron/Galaxy Force, the show, the toys & the constant repaints that are STILL coming out. I just wish I could get some posters.

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I like it more than Beast Wars

Why?

I take the last epic and amazing 13 episodes of this series and compare it to the Looney Tunes antics, "Cyber-Puberty", and all the other goofy stuff of Beast Wars Season.

See?

Now, tell me which one is better at ending the series with a true bang.

15. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed Cybertron but found a lot of Galaxy Force's story to make more sense since the dubbing was off a LOT.

16. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I don't know where this "Galaxy Force makes more sense" stuff is coming from. Unless you're talking about the occasional odd line from the Cybertron dub about how Prime has never seen two robots combine before, or something like that. Because Cybertron goes out of its *way* to make more sense, by squeezing in explanations for how the characters do the ridiculous, energy-glowy burning justice magic that they don't blink an eye at over in GF.

17. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

That's pretty much where it comes from. At least the Cybertron dub doesn't butcher the show like the Star TV dub does to Headmasters(not that the show is good in its own right.)

18. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know that GF makes more sense than Cybertron (or how to quantify that at all, really), but I do know that for me it's more enjoyable to listen to the Japanese and read the subtitles than it is to suffer through the over-the-top accents/voices, random grunting noises, and unnecessary exposition in the Cybertron dub.

19. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man I love galaxy force too

I'm currently watching R.I.D online now I'm on episode 18 and i'm lovin every one.

20. exillion21

exillion21 Well-Known Member

I'm glad GF is still getting some love! I miss those days where i'd wait everyweek for the TVnihon dubs to come out. Those guys do some fine work it has gotta be said. I always loved how over armed backgild was. Freaking ridiculous!! This thread has made my day :D