Ok, I'm almost convinced that... [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SKowl, Sep 24, 2008.

1. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

... Arcee will probably die in the first 20 minutes of ROTF.

Think about it:

The casting call for female motorcycle riders asked for only a day's work on the Bethlehem, PA set:

source

The only images we've ever seen of the Arcee bike(s) were from the Wal-Mart video, from the Bethlehem set in early June (Bay himself even mentions that they "crashed a bike" in the first shot):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

source

we know that the action scenes filmed in Bethlehem, the only place we've ever actually seen Arcee, is the opening action scene of the film:

source.

The article about Will Kenefick, the builder of the Arcee bikes, mentions this:

source

So, they film the opening sequence in Bethlehem. Arcee is spotted. We find out that they may have crashed a bike (on purpose or by accident, we don't really know), and then Arcee is never seen again.

It seems like such a waste. Will Kenefick put a huge amount of work into those bikes, are they really only going to be used in one action scene? If the bikes do combine to form Arcee, why do something so complicated for a character that may bite the dust in the opening sequence? If they did that to solve her height "problem" - why bother, if she might die in the first few minutes of the film?

Any thoughts?

2. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I think there's a lot of stuff going on with characters that aren't being shot out in the open. Anyone else remember how everybody's feared that Ratchet was getting killed off because he wasn't showing up on set anywhere?

3. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Nice eye! Definately it is weird to see the bikes in so few scenes, specially if it is a Transformer (also, it is weird to have 3 bikes forming the bot mode, but that still is speculation).

Maybe Bay wants to anger the fangirls, in the first movie they were some people calling him racist for killing Jazz, maybe know he wants fangirls calling him chauvinist. :lol 

4. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And again with the Ratchet thing, in the first movie, I remember not alot being showed of Ratchet, and people fearing that he really wasnt in the movie, but he was. I mean, for all we know, Arcee could take on a different alt mode after that opening scene.

5. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Or maybe she only transforms in the first scene.

6. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

True. Looking back at the news archives from Transformers '07, the first spy photo we got of Jazz's Solstice mode was during filming in downtown LA, where they shot the final action sequence. Of course, Jazz appeared throughout the movie, but most of the shots we got of the Solstice were from the film's climax.

I can only hope that Arcee has shown up elsewhere and nobody noticed her. Bikes are small, so they are much easier to hide and transport without people noticing. Think about it, the only time we've seen her was in an official video, so technically nobody has been able to get a spy-shot of her on set yet, and with filming almost done, it looks like nobody will be able to.

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I would have to say, maybe because of the crash they can't transform into alt mode anymore...purhaps she is stuck in robot mode for the movie. Or maybe as someone else suggested, took on a new mode. Maybe the Volt has been denied a TF because Arcee reformats into it, who knows. The point is, that until the movie comes out, we won't know for sure. I just doubt they would kill off Arcee that fast.

8. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

What if she's CGI for the majority of the movie?

9. RichieNine9

RichieNine9 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i hope they kill her off in the first scene in the most violent way possible...but that's just me. :thumbs2: 

10. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

It's possible the motorcycle that crashed isn't Arcee. Or that the crash wasn't fatal. Anyway, a lot of stunt vehicles meet their demise in filming. Anyone want to guess how many General Lees were demolished in the Dukes of Hazard series?

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :bay  with lots of explosions!

12. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Could be, or she reformats.

Though I think it has more to do with the fact that Mikaela rides her now, as opposed to random people or holos. Like the Leather we saw mikaela in ont he newest walmart video.

So maybe she's just had a lot of bot footage scenes, as opposed to needing anymore bike scenes? A bike doesn't really work well on sand IIRC. Or maybe they don't need extras for it, as they have mikaela's stunt double for it now.

13. Devastators Leg

Devastators Leg GFXicon

What if Arcee reformats into the Volt we see later to solve the "height problem".

But just to back up your theory, remember that it has been said that there will be 3 times as many transformers in this movie and that some are "throw away" characters. I have a hunch that Arcee wont necessarily die but she may just be a "throw away" character.

14. samtheman

Wasn't she like half the size of everyone in G1? and she was a car!

15. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    and josh duhamel rides her around for the rest of the movie between every decepticon's legs.

but seriously though, some really good observations here.

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, I hope they don't kill off Arcee. I'd be disappointed, just like with Jazz.

Seriously, I hope she gets some screentime in TF2, and maybe, just maybe, a little bit more of her in the third... she's just too cool a character to just show up and die within the first 5 minutes of the film or something.

17. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Well-Known Member

I say let it play out. Its hard to say whats going to happen any ways.

18. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Anyway Who said Transformers : Revenge of the fallen will open with scene in Betlehem city? Bob Orci just said Movie will open with a big action scene.Its doesn't mean Betlehem scene will be opening scene of Transformers : Revenge of the fallen.

19. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    What it is most likley so far is that arcee will stay in bot mode longer then she will in most of her alts...

That is just my opinion..

20. samtheman

No, I meant maybe she'll stay in her bot mode the rest of the movie which is why we haven't seen her bikes. I mean they did crash one so that makes in kinda hard. Anyways get your facts straight before you go poking fun at someone.