Ok, I REALLY wanted to like the PCC line.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, Sep 1, 2010.

1. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When they first came out, I picked up bombshock and the combaticons 5 pack. Got home and was really excited. Got him all transformed and put together, but then became disappointed. His left leg wouldn't fit on right, and therefore I couldn't make him stand up. No matter what I tried, he just kept falling over. Figured I would just take him back and exchange him for another one. Got that one home tonight and......same damn thing. His left leg wont fit on correctly and he just falls over like a drunk at closing time.
    Sorry hasbro, but this is unacceptable. This should have been found during some sort of QC before he was released. I had planned on getting some of the future 5 pack releases as well, but no longer. fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Look, another thread about PCC quality control! You can't help it, some people are going to see past it, and some aren't. All discussion on these has pretty much happened.

3. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im wanting a loose bombshock and combat. sell it to me for less than retail :) 

4. TacomaPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh. Well excuse me for not seeing those threads. Only thread about the pcc's that's ever on the front page is the appreciation thread. I don't know about you but it's kind of hard for me to appreciate these when they can't even stand up.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Go get your money back. Or exchange them for Generations.

6. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never expected them to be great. I didn't buy any cause I see myself selling the on here later on. I'll probably buy them when they go on clearance or when they make it to ROSS.

7. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    Ive been a transformers collector for almost 26 years now..i have no doubt in my mind out of about 3500 + transformers im embarrassed to even display these things..they don't stand up..they fall apart..just utter disappointment and waste of a great idea.the single packaged ones are pretty decent..but the line is called power core combiners?? how about power chore combiners is more like it.id rather waste money on useless repaints at least the dont fall apart when they transform hahaha .talking about rushing a toy to the market..FAIL

8. TacomaPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I plan on doing. Figure I will pick up drift and hailstorm if they get him in tomorrow.

9. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is why I only got Huffer for the sake of CHUG and have more or less stuck with Generations and HFTD.

10. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    ^^, yeah the "core" combiners (or whatever they are called) without the stupid not transforming drones are great. Huffer and Smolder(?) are terrific.

11. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Bombshock (IMO) is pretty good. Mines can hold poses and can stand without any problems. I bought the Aerialbot one thinking it would be as good as Bombshock but it was a total waste. That thing can't even stand. These will be my last PCC's that I buy, I won't be buying anymore from this line. The single packs are pretty nice. I have all 3 from wave 1 and they do get pretty good poses and have tight joints.

12. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you forget about the combiner gimick and about the price and just treat them as scout sized Transformers with a minicon or a scout with four hot wheel vehicles, then they are not so bad. The combining is an epic fail, but the scout figures are still pretty cool.

13. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    There are more threads on this site than just the ones on the front page. As for a standing issue. I got three of them and the all stand up fine.

14. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IM OPPOSITE, i started off thinking they were dumb looking with a stupid concept,
    now i really like the line and am only missing one of the 4 sets........it think they are awesome, pretty well posablilty and stand easily, on flat surfaces, rocky, and even smooth surfaces like they are now on my ps3

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The two packs are By Far better than the 5 packs.

I friggin love Smolder. Searchlight's alright i guess. Huffer's kinda simple. Bombshock isn't half bad but not that great. I actually want the Wave 2 guys now because they are a huge step up from what i've herd.

16. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I like the toys. I don't even mind the gimmick.

But they are just designed really, really poorly. I feel like I can objectively say that these are the worst main line Transforming toys I have bought since Beast Machines. QC aside, there are basic design failures in almost every figure that need looking past before you can enjoy them.

17. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only have Smolder and like him w/minicon a lot. He was the only one I wanted, and I can do without the rest.

Though I do think it is a fun idea for children so I have nothing against the line. Actually if they had come out around the time of Energon Prime I'd have bought a few sets. I must be spoilt lately, too many good stuff :D 

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Like others have said the two packs arent bad as stand alone Transformer toys. Bombshock isn't TOO bad combined but it's still worse than even the Energon combiners. The other two I bought on impulse and regret it...not even the core robots are that salvageable. It was a neat idea but the execution was awful IMO.

19. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    For one guy who can't make his combiner stand, there are 10 who can. Oh well.

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    my PCC all stand fine.... there are certain combinations of leg limbs that takes a bit longer to stand pose though.