Ok I have been converted, I am ANIMATED!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by giga-galvatron, Apr 28, 2008.

1. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

At first, I must admit, I HATED the look of Animated. Everything, the toys, the concept the look, hated it all. But since Botcon and how everyone of the characters I wanted for Classics (such as Ultra Magnus, Jazz, The Dinobots, Blitzwing and now Perceptor!!) is getting the Animated treatment, I decided to give this new increasingly popular era in Transformers a chance. And I am impressed. I started with "Mission Accomplished" and I going back now to watch all the episodes. And I actual like a few toys. Blitzwing, Ultra Magnus, Lugnutz, Megatron, Prowl, Ratchet, Bulkhead, Jazz and all of the Dinobots. I must have them all!! God Im going to be broke!!!

2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I like a few of the toys too. But if there's a new show that everybody has to rave about I wish it looked like "they were always real to me" from the Hasbro site. Animated just ain't gonna work for me when I know it could look like the above mentioned video.

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Welcome to the club :D 

Welcome to the club :redface2: 

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I AM IRON MAN. (Parody the thred title)

But I too once despised Animated with every fiber of my being, but shortly after seeing it for the first time I started to turn and now I think it is the best thing EVAH.

5. giga-galvatron

where can i start picking up animated toys?

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Everywhere...

...starting June 22.:p  Unless you live in Ohio, you may be able to find some there.

Yeah, they're not out yet.:( 

7. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I admire the bravado put into the new series - afterall, the "Animation" is the only cartoonish Transformers ever done aside from some Chibi Mangas. Admittedly there are a few toys I might pick up; namely Ultra Magnus, however Im still not a fan of the animation. I liked Teen Titans for what it was - the new Animated seems like it'd take place in the same universe.

However, amongst all of the Transformers series Ive seen to day, Animated does have some of the best writing in my opinion. It isn't Beast Wars writing, but it'd damn close.

~Z

8. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    your just saying that for the chance of animated skybyte:bay :lol 

that would be awsome though :rock 

anyways ONE OF US, ONE OF US

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't think Animated would ever be on BW level, even if the writing comes up, simply because it's not 3D. With 3D they had natural movements, realistic expressions and the character acted, moved and sounded real, liek alive real. The characters were quirky, had their own "thing", and were belivable and humourous even when serious business goes on. Megatron's ducky for example, lended nothing to the plot, but remained a consistent part of the plot by showing up again and again.

Animated is fantastic, though. And it could still prove to be like Beast Wars in that regard, though it's too early to know for sure. Beast Wars didn't get so plot oriented till it's second season and while Animated hasn't yet, Animated may go on for four seasons.

Aww, you got me...:p 

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I hope it goes beyond the 52-episode rule and has over 100 episodes :) 

11. giga-galvatron

Ok I need that pre-release animated crack club sig. I just went to hasbrotoyshop.com and ordered like 50 bucks worth of animated already!

12. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I'll be happy when I get Optimus Prime, Bulkhead and Bumbleebee. And Wreck Gar when he comes out.

I AM WRECK-GAR !!! I am only good for one thing - GARBAGE!!!

13. giga-galvatron

are these shipping like now?

nevermind i think these ship around 6/23/08. Weak! I need a fix now!

14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I editing the Transformers Wikia Page for Transformers:Animated (cartoon) I just add names.

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

Yes but because it's 2D we can eventually have far more characters than Bw. They were limited because of the CG

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Actually, though that was the initial reason for the small cast, more characters is not always a good thing. Too many characters can ruin everything, G1 for instance had an enormous cast, absolutly gigantic, but half of them had either no character, or were so forced that they had horrid personallities. BW, with it's small cast, had more intense fight scenes, better character development and character-specific episodes. Plus, because they didn't have to struggle to seel every toy they could, it left a lot for the plot development.

That's why I'm so pleased with Animated's small cast. Five main bots, with the small but lethal gang of bad guys. Extra characters who don't but in or overstay their welcome and and to the plot.

17. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

ebay.

18. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Okay,calm down now guys. We need to move past Animated & get into a new series (eventually). No matter how good it is, we don't need one series just hanging around forever. Let Animated run it's course like all the other series & move on. I eventually wanna get back to normal looking animation & most importantly, NORMAL FREAKIN CHINS!!!

19. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I for one welcome our new overlords.
    I hope it at leasts lasts half a decade; like some other major Transformers toyline/cartoon that I seem to have forgotten the name of..

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it was a series you liked you'd be hoping it would go on for a looooooooooong time anyway so don't complain.