Ok Dc's Countdown to Infinite Crisis Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Predakwon, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not digging Marvel's House of M, so I feel DC's crossover deserves a post.

Couple of questions about some of the crossovers:

1. What the hell is Breach? I bought the crossover issue this week but had NO idea WTF's going on.

2. Did Wonder Woman get her sight back?

Discuss/rant away.... :rock 

2. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

wonder woman has from what i gathered got her sight back. As for breach you got me what its about

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I've been following Villains United and Day of Vengence, and so far have been relatively pleased with them. The recent tie in in JSA was rather well done, I thought, all things considered.

And for a record, I'm a Cap and Black Adam fan, so there's that boost to them as well.

4. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like OMAC.

What's the timeline between Day of Vengence and the JSA story? They both have Spectre and Cap Marvel in them.

Rann Thanagar War is kinda losing me as I was never a Hawkman/Adam Strange fan

Villans United is disappointing. I had different expectations for it. I thought it was going to be about focusing on "Team Luthor" especially Deathstroke. Not Catman (WTF?!) and his crew. And the torture was so lame in # 3. I understand why it was lame, but come on!! Cut an ear off!! Do something really damaging to the face.

5. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Hey, Scandel did eat that one chicks ear. As for Countdown, it's really draining my wallet and most times after I picked up a book from their website, it has no big ties to the the storyline*glares at Robin 138*.
    So far I'm loving OMAC and Villians United; the other two minis have lost me. Return of Donna Troy is interesting; I'm hoping it picks up in issue three since her death was meant to tie into the whole Crisis coming. The Teen Titans and Outsiders crossover was well done. The JLA arc started off good and looks to be getting better.
    Ugh, there's too many Crisis books to mention, I'm liking some of it but I wish it was more focused into the minis and only tied into the mainline books for a purpose like HoM.

6. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

The JSA/Day of Vengeance tie-in is probably the best one so far. It's called "Black Vengeance", and is a direct sequel to "Black Reign". Basically, Eclipso uses Spectre to smash the crap out of Khandaq and its protectors, as revenge against Black Adam. The JSA is forced to return, and all the character conflicts left up in the air by "Black Reign" come to a head. The last issue came out last week, and it was awesome.

Pretty much all the limited runs are losing me, to varying degrees. Day and Vengeance and Villians United work OK as stand-alones, but the others require huge amounts of continuity knowledge to penetrate. Return of Donna Troy is by far the worst offender; I know nothing about the Titan gods in the DCU, so I was lost from issue 1. OMAC has the distinction of being half-written in fake-ass computer dialogue, which just makes it harder to understand what the hell is happening.

Yeah. Apparently, they're all united to sit on their asses and torture B-grade villians.

Seriously, an all-torture issue? WTF? Why? I don't read comics to get a snuff fix, and I don't want to spend my time reliving the worst bits of the super dark and fake edgy 90's.

-XCN-

7. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I read Black Reign and the way that and Black Vengence ended was a nice touch. But does it take place before, after or during Day of Vengence?

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

What, you don't like the Resevour Dogs reference? :D 

Actually I'm surprised. I am enjoying House of M a lot more than Infinate Crisis. After the $1 special, they seriously died off. OMAC is very interesting. Villains United is nothing what i was expceting but it's okay. I appreciate that it's taking B-list villains but I wanted to see the A listers get the spotlight. Rann is just boring. I started getting it for GL and so far he hasn't done squat. Days of Vengance is amusing. Why? Any time a talking chimp is leading a team, it can't be all bad. Wait, what am I saying. The talking chimp is the only fun part. The rest is just a lot of talking during a big battle that only took 1 issue of JSA to tell.

9. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'm immensely enjoying OMAC.
    Villains I can give or take. Some of it's been decent, some of it's been crap. Though I do enjoy it some.
    Day of Vengence I've actually enjoyed as well.
    Rann/Thannagar is total and utter crap.

10. Edge

I'm reading omac and rann/thangarian I am really enjoying omac but rann is rather slow but i'm gonna see it through as well you never know what pay off there maybe. As for omac the cover to the last issue is really making me wonder who it is turning into an omac.

11. Xcandescent

I think it probably takes place prior to the Captain Marvel/Spectre faceoff in Issue 3, due to stuff that happens during that fight.

As for OMAC, there's a 4-ISSUE Superman/WW tie-in that takes place before the next issue. I DESPISE this sort of thing, but I have to admit that "Sacrifice" has been a cool storyline so far ... better than OMAC in many respects.

-XCN-

12. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Last friday i picked up both Black Vengence issues and all three DOV issues cause i wanted to get into the crisis so far i like it but i havent read black reign or countdown.

What is Black Adam? Hes gonna funny ears, black complexion, white hear and blue eyes. In one page of the JSA tie in Spectre de-shazams Adam and his eyes turn brown.

13. Xcandescent

Black Adam is Teth-Adam, the first to wield the Power of Shazam after the wizard started making champions. His spirit was joined in modern times to Theo Adam, a thief and murderer who used the power to corrupt means. In his current incarnation, he's basically a darker version of Captain Marvel -- not so much a villain as someone who believes in old-fashioned justice, high body count and all.

-XCN-

14. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
  15. Edge

ok I am not sure where this goes but its a tie in to omac so i figured this is the best place

I was just wondering if after reading sacrifice part 3 I noticed there was a father in it was this the father from the for tommorow arc. And if so did it really take place in the dc timeline or was this all in supes head?

16. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    I don't think they're the same. In "For Tomorrow" I believe Superman and Father Daniel meet for the first time. Also the "For Tomorrow" story arc took place one year in the future so I think the priest from "Sacrifice" Part 3 (Adventures of Superman #642) was just in his head.

With the whole DCU jumping one year after Infinite Crisis, they'll be on track again with the "Superman" title -- which means we've already seen the post Infinite Crisis Universe?

17. Edge

no from what i have read superman is current with the timeline of the dcu for tommorow is in the past

18. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Interesting.... from reading Superman Homepage, it sounds like it's ahead of everything else.

Source: Superman Homepage - Superman #204 Review

19. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well the Fortress of Solitude was destroyed in the "For Tomorrow" arc and in the current Superman stories he rebuilt it. So it looks like "For Tomorrow" happened already.