OK can somebody explain to me what Pyra Magna's deal is?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Lothar Hex, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

More Grimlock re-run than Starscream. Surly, insubordinate commander of a powerful/essential squad who thinks Prime is unworthy and that she is his natural replacement.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    To those comparing her to Starscream I say that is unfair to Starscream. Starscream wants to lead because he believes himself better. That's it. Pyra wants to lead because she believes herself better... and then hides behind religion to make her attacks.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

She's not hiding behind, she is a believer. She's also not saying 'the will of flames says...,' she is saying 'I think you're wrong in doing so.' Religion is what gives her an image of what a Prime should be, but she is the one saying it as her view.

And note Optimus finds that more useful than the Mistress of Flame's advice.

Focksbot comparison to Grimlock is more accurate IMO. G1 Grimlock believed in strength, Pyra believes a Prime should be more straight shooting.

4. Backbeat

Backbeat Well-Known Member

I see Soundwave as "new prowl". Like Focksbot said, she is new Grimlock. But rather than being more powerful, Optimus has to be more true to the legends to get her respect. I like that the is there to challenge prime. I just don't like her being underhanded. It makes her look like a hypocrite.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

She's the new Metalhawk lol

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    And that makes him a good leader. He knows how to make people do their best. It's not his fault that they are religious. It's bad that they wouldn't act like this if they weren't religious. After all he's the Leader. So, they are the bad people and act like Optimus does something wrong. Other then annexing Earth and thinking that would play out well, he hasn't done anything wrong. Well, maybe he put on a little too much of self doubt for someone being Leader for 4 million of years. And talked too much.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Greysky

Greysky Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Pyra's character is a complete double negative, I think that's the point.
    She's a Torch Bearer who turn into a fire truck (fire trucks put out fires).
    And her personality reflects this she believes in this prime religion and dislikes Prime.

I think it's a clever bit of story telling and the writers are trying to tell us more about human society using TFs.

8. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

That's an interesting theory, though I think you may have put more thought into it than the writers did.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    From what I've read and seen the issue PYra seems to have with Optimus it's that she thinks he's just using their religious beliefs to further his goals thus making her think he could be nothing more then a manipulator looking after his own needs and not doing is job as a Prime. Even if she and her team aren't religious she'd still have issues with it because she feels what he's doing is dishonest and immoral.

Obviously we know Optimus is no bad guy but I think it's best that we should also look into where she's coming from at least. Yeah she's not exactly being fair on him and not rethinking about why he's doing it but still.

• Like Like x 1