Ok, ANIMATED just completely won me over!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by DanoMcKenna, Jul 3, 2008.

1. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

First off I have to say that I don't really stay up-to-date on the boards so a lot of the news is actually news to me. Like I find things out as I watch the show, as I buy the toys ect.

But I just bought Lockdown AND HIS EMP BLASTER ATTACHES TO RATCHET JUST LIKE IN THE SHOW!

I know it's probably old news to you guys who are "in the know." But when I put the two figures together I was just blown away at the connections between story points in the show and in the toy line.

Well done CN and Hasbro!

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah. Isn't it awesome!?

3. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

totally! There's never been anything like this in any TF toy line.

Except for like, maybe some stuff that was done after the fact, but this was done in tandem! Just amazing!

4. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Yep...and that is just the beginning...Prowl's throwing stars really impressed me...the way they open up and also how they clip into his wheels...pure win...

5. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Animated's awesome! Even the Headmaster that comes with Leader Bulkhead can attach to the other leaders. It's just the little things that make this line so unique and fun!

6. Synthetic Breed

Synthetic Breed Supreme Autubot Commander

What about Prime's two pack axe going into his Voyager Earth mode figure?! Most cartoon accurate axe by far which is fantastic cause Voyager Prime's axe eats my balls! Honestly, what the hell is it even?! The figure is the ebst Prime by far but his weapons are totally unrelated.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Well, it seems to me that with all the Animated haters out there (whose reasons I don't agree with, but do understand), those of us who DO like Animated are happy to welcome someone new, especially someone with enthusiasm.

I too have been ignoring spoiler posts, but somewhere along the line I did read that Ratchet can attach Lockdown's engine/EMP... Ratchet and Lockdown are two of my favorite characters, and the toy interaction just oversold both of them to me. I really hope we see more of this toy interaction... the Headmaster thing is neat, but I guess it's the little bit of G1er in me who would have like something a little more oldschool as far as the Headmaster thing goes.

It even mentions Ratchet's experience with Lockdown in his bio... it may be a kid's show, but there's a LOT of mature concepts going on that us older fans pick up on... which is awesome. I still like kiddy cartoons (well, some of em), I like Transformers, and this show is both... but then they go and add in those little touches to appeal to the 1984-87 in me and just... holy crap.

Hell, if I could afford it, I'd get a spare Lockdown just for his engine/EMP and give it to Ratchet.

Drinking and posting = long posts. :lol 

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok now find the post that shows prowl using it to

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I hope that Samurai Sidecar Prowl's arm attachments will plug in with a similarly shaped post to the EMP generator.

10. Optimus Peev

Optimus Peev Banker Bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool feature isn't it? Little things like that go a long way for me. Totally makes Lockdown and Rachet far better in my book.

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i still want them to come out with a deluxe *or basic* transforming headmaster :) 

but i agree, transformers Animated, is probably the best series we've gotten since BW, *maybe it will be even better then bw one day, but only time can tell that, but i think it's too soon to say it's better then that* lol!

especially with some real meh, filler episodes it has, but the series is fantastic, none the less, and the toys, i just want them all, even the elite guard bumblebee!

12. nightbolt

nightbolt Lead Farmer

too bad every time i put the EMP in ratchet's arm, it falls out. :( 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It just sits on him, it doesn't really attach. Obviously the toys were finalized long before that Ep aired. Though like others have said, fingers crossed they were able to fix it to him with his armour.

14. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    You have been infected with TAFS. It is a common disease, but let me explain.

It stands for:
    Transformers
    Animated
    Figures
    Syndrome

It changes your way of thinking, and has you give in and bow down to the best TF show and toy line ever.

Welcome, you are one of us now.

15. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

yep the fan count is over NINETHOUNSANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

16. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i got ratchet but no lockdown yet... i'll have to pick him up

17. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

:thumbdown 

18. goJAZZgo

goJAZZgo Active Member

I souled my soul the day this show came out. it makes me cry tears of awesomness.

19. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

I'm still not totally big on the show. Though I really liked the season 2 finale.

But I think the figures are awesome. Lockdown and Grimlock put all of the movie line toys I've got to shame.

20. Screamin'Star

Screamin'Star Active Member

When Transformers Animated was announced I was a bit put off by the animation style but after watching a few episodes I'm completely hooked. The voice acting is great and I’ve gotten used to the animation style. Personally I think they could have done a better job marketing this new series to people, because I think there is a massive audience that would potentially be interested in this series but either haven’t been exposed to it enough or doesn’t realise how awesome it really is.