Oilslick is Meltdown?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Henriquedematos, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Henriquedematos

Henriquedematos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is my question:

Maybe Oilslick is a robot mode to Meltdown? I think yes... Because Meltdown is a very important character in the serial and i think that a cybetronian mode to him will be some kind of cool thing...

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Oil Slick=/=Meltdown

Here's his bio for proof:

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/animated-decepticons-191/oil-slick-1705/

3. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    no

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well that settles that.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Highly unlikely. I'm thinking Meltdown is going to come back as a corrosive version of Clayface (finally became an organic Transformer, but when he loses focus reverts into a more monstrous version of his old form and in any form can spray his acid), and Oil Slick is going to figure into the backstory of Prowl.

6. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Dont know how to do spoiler tags so dont read

Ok no Oilslick is not Meltdown also Sol Fury thats seems unlikley based on the solicitations from the Arrival comic Oilslick is old great war old which likely invalidates the ties between Prowl and Oilslick in Oilslicks bio.

7. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Toywise he isn't as of yet.
    Comic wise I have no clue.

Toon wise it has yet to be shown, it's entirely possible but who knows. I tend to think it's highly likely as Isenberg does tend to pick loose ends from earlier to close up into something new. But if he keeps the comic canon, he'll probably use him in a different method and Meltdown will get something else.

It also creates an interesting aspect of meltdown being saved and becoming the technology he loathes, but he is so fascinated by Blackarachnia's form, I almost expect him to become tarantulas. So maybe, Oilslick body or takeover/teamup, to rescanning a techno-organic body like BA's just to further evolve it into a beast mutant?

We honestly won't know till he shows up, but it is a possibility with some interesting story potential. We just have no evidence other than circumstantial and opinion based.
    Like his last appearance in TFA, and the smile he had it seemed. If they aren't the same, I do expect a teamup though. It has been suggested Comic/Toy Oilslick may have circuit-su connections to Prowl. But this tie could also remain with meltdown, as he and prowl fought over the dinobots. The issue there becomes the circuit-su training and how would meltdown learn it or will oil slick not have it?

If they aren't the same, I have a feeling we will get a teamup at the very least, and possibly Oil Slick becomes possessed by Meltdown. Oilslick seems highly likely as the character that caused prowl to not finish his training. The storm shadow to Prowl's snake eyes almost. That story path would give Prowl more reason to try and track Oil Slick, or save the 'Possessed one' possibly even lead to how Meltdown would get a tarantulas type body, or Beastformer. Another question would be though, would pretender tech (just 1) be the stepping stone into a beast mutant(beast machines noble savage) before Meltdown could become a fully organic transformer?

Oilslick's concoctions, and acid familiarity is the only real connecting piece we have to Meltdown, and that's also circumstantial. My theory is due to Oil Slick's familiarity and bubble head tech(creative name for that TBD), he can contain Meltdown within himself. Which Meltdown figures out through a team up episode, and takes him over at the end. This would lead to Prowl's hunting him down, possibly even blaming himself for this if he stopped them in the team up episode. That would also give meltdown all of Oil Slick's training and expertise, while still maintaining his own expertise and control. This could become permamanent if Meltdown's acid puddle disolves oil Slick's insides slow since Oil Slick has a high tolerance, which would create an urgency aspect to Prowl trying to free him. Or Oil Slick could be entirely immune to the acidic puddle but Meltdown's persona grants him control of the Computer aspect locking oilslick away. Or they could become a merged mind of some fashion. I tend to lean away from the merged mind aspect as it would hinder Meltdown's goal of a fully organic Transformer, and Oil Slick of being, well, oilslick.

The other possibility though nothing hints at as yet, is Meltdown somehow captures prowl and makes a body from that with Prowls training also being transfered to the new body. This angle doesn't seem likely, is rather predictable, boring, and been done to death in media. Team up to possession seems more ripe with ideas to what they'd choose if at all.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Do not want.

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Meltdown as Tarantulas...

That actually works quite well - both are off the deep end after all.

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    And both love to experiment. Plus it adds to that entire BW confusion as to Tarantulas' origins not being G1 Ark Decepticons/Autobot tied. Plus if they go the possessed route, the Tarantulas body could be how Prowl finally gets Meltdown out of Oil Slick's body. To restore his former circuit-su (whatever connection) even though Oil Slick is a Decepticon. Prowl could still feel some ties to not wanting him dead, just incarcerated due to however they are connected. Whether it's fellow student associated, or master student, or even just a 'brotherhood' type association. Maybe have Smokescreen, and Silverstreak cameo as they come to earth to capture Oil Slick. Making them ninjas also in this brotherhood, and would give us our Prowl Flashback episode. Would also explain the ties of Prowl to Oilslick, and would make sense as to why the other 2 ninjas went to prowl and not the other autobots. While they may mock Prowl for being a washout, or not completing his training, Prowl is one of them, whereas the other autobots aren't. Circuit-su could have that entire clan favortism on settling rogue decepticon users of the style or however else a writer may feel they want to approach it. But Jazz is also a circuit-su user, and he and prowl didn't seem to know that of the other. Maybe each "House" of circuit-su remains quiet of it's members to the others? To avoid such embarassment as to when various ones go 'rogue' or become decepticons.

Then again, it might just be a class at the autobot academy. =o Only each class knows of each other, as the only upperclassmen that remained in the academy became the sensei to each. Therefore each graduating class doesn't meet the new class. Or the ones before them, or after. Which would make Silverstreak and Smokescreen of the same 'class' as prowl if they tease him about the drop out angle, but still prefer him over the autobots.

Okay all that's pretty fan ficcy, but those are all the ideas I can think of for this direction off the top of my head for now.

It gives us oil slick as oil slick, still a decepticon with whatever origins. Gives us Meltdown into a new body eventually. Becoming a growing psychotic bot threat, to tie up his story later with him becoming pure organic. Which then leaves us the tarantulas shell to give life to via an allspark crystal and the remnants of meltdowns personality to keep him science psychotic. Also gives us a great excuse for a lockdown repaint again. Or blazing lockdown eventually too, or a burnig oilslick to go with him. The Meltdown possession leaving Oil slick with some new ideas for concoctions and chemicals. Possibly even a new substance he makes into what Lockdown touches.

11. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    My understanding is that the comic IS cannon thats why Marty is doing them who better to write a comic like this and have it fit with the catroon continuity than the story editor of the cartoon?

Initially I was annoyed when i found out the way in which Oilslick appears in the comic but when combined with the info from S250 concerning hin showing up in season 3 it makes perfect sense because he can still make "his first actual appearance in the cartoon".

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    id rather have him as Oil Slick than Meltdown

13. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

This is almost a worse idea than "Sari is a robot".

SIAR wins though because it actually came true.

14. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

What info on Oil Slick in season 3?

15. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    When S250 released the list of characters he had seen the designs for in addition to the B***N and such he mentioned a comic character in season 3 and while it hasnt been explicitly confirmed he didnt correct it which he did do with other mistakes also Marty said he would like to work Oilslick into season 3 and since all of the other characters that S250 mentioned were bots its safe to assume he was referring to a comic book character bot and the only character to appear exclusively (first appearance anyway) is Oilslick.

16. GlitchHead

GlitchHead Member

I wondered about this too... it would make sense, what with the "genetic modifier" being the last thing Meltdown touched before... well, melting down. Perhaps some malfunction reversed the mech to bio transfer he had planned for Blackarachnia, making Meltdown mech.

17. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Oilslick is not Meltdown.

Oilslick is because Hasbro wanted another motorcycle Transformer in the first few wave assortments of Animated because motorcycle Transformers have sold well in the past. He is a case-filler, a rare "we didn't have a place for him in the first 2 seasons" kind of character who may get a background cameo in season 3, but will probably get no speaking lines, no story emphasis, and no real mention.

So, in short, Hasbro's guys wrote out Season 1 and 2 with the boys at Cartoon Network, and one day they got a phone call after production had begun saying "hey, add another motorcycle!" ... and to throw him in the cartoon would have caused a massive delay and headaches for the entire cartoon-side production.

Life sucks sometimes.

18. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

That still leaves things 'like' my idea for season 4 though open. =D Especially if they don't wrap Meltdown up this season yet.

19. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

Aw, yer KILLIN' me here.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe you could ask Kicky to change his subtitle to "Cornflake pisser". ;)