Oil Slick

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Torque, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    both taken from Oil Slick's page in the Resources section

after reading these, im beginning to wonder if both parts will be somehow mentioned in the show, when Oil Slick appears. what do you think the writers will do with the fact that he has already met 2 of the crew? maybe get a little more backstory on Ratchet and finally some on Prowl? or only have him have a past with one of them?

also, i know that the toy i have is green with black detailing, but from what ive seen from that picture that leaked out a while ago, he was black with greenish detailing-think its just a space thing, or will he have a new deco? and if he does, do you think he'll get a show-accurate repaint?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The toy bio was made waaaaay before he got a show treatment and was written by non-show people.

Ignore it.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    but why not make use of both? we need Prowl backstory...

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We need a Prowl backstory but it doesn't have to include Oil Slick.

Not to mention that LOL THEY'RE RIVALS BECAUSE THEY'RE BIKES is real lame, glad they didn't go with that one.

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    so you think he'll be another old war enemy of Ratchet, if they use him for more than just a sight at the beginning of the show?

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    We already know all of Ratchet's back story with Oil Slick.
    From the comic that paragraph is summarizing.

I don't think they ever said anything about Oil Slick and Prowl being rivals because they're both bikes.
    correlation =/= causation

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i know, i was just saying that how do you think he will be used in the show? enemy of Prowl? enemy of Ratchet? no memory of either one?

its a speculation thread like the ones about Rodimus-just alot less of them.

8. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Look guys... I have an inside tip and...the truth about Oil Slick in the animated cartoon is

He is never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down or hurt you.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    :gen069: 

10. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

He wont have anything to do with Prowl that bio doesnt fit with his representation in the comic he might remeber Ratchet he might not, just because the events involving Oilslick had an impact on Ratchet doesnt mean the same is true for Oilslick.

11. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    His background for season three will revolve around Ratchet not Prowl...just because the non show people made his background for the toy and when Marty Isenberg made the comic he gave him a background that is for the show.

12. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

ive said this before on a older topic so ill just paste it here.

"I haven't read issue 3 yet so this may be way wrong and its going to get very fan fic-y.

Prowl couldn't get into the autobot circuit-su school and somehow met oilslick. Oilslick has been living on his own for many years after the decepticons turned against him( for killing his own) and he feels that Prowl would be a good apprentice. His excuse to prowl would be that a autobot medic once helped him and thus he feels like he is returning the favor. Prowl agrees but oilslick's teachings turn prowl cold and self centered ( this would reflect his attitude at the start of season 1 and when he gets his upgrades in fistful of energon.) To finish prowls training oilslick takes him to an organic planet. Once there prowl sees oilslick harm/kill a harmless organic creature and so prowl chooses to abandon his training fearing that he will become more like oilslick. This would explain his lonely attitude and his love for organic things.

Sorry to go on and not make it incredibly detailed, but yeah thats my idea, assuming they use his bio. "