Ohio vs Florida

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Liokaiser, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Who's going to win this? I'm rooting for Ohio.

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I think Michigan got screwed by the BCS.

I'll pull for Florida ... I wanted Michigan or USC to make the trip, but alas.

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Honestly I like Leak the quarterback. He's fun to watch.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm rooting for Ohiooooooo!

5. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Bobcats of Ohio University would probably get crushed against Florida. Ohio State, on the other hand, will emerge victorious in the National Title Game.

-Tony!

6. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I am rooting for Florida to defeat Ohio State. I am rather disappointed with the BCS selection of teams to participate in those five BCS bowl games.

7. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Ohio will take it. Sadly though Michigan deserved a little better. I would have enjoyed the game a little more if it was Michigan playing. Oh well, BCS FTL again.

8. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Well, Florida was first governed by Andrew-motherfucking-Jackson after we took it from Spain, so I'm going with them.

9. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I'm glad Florida's getting a shot at it. Michigan already had their shot at OSU. I was hoping for a better game for LSU though, against Michigan or USC.

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since I live in Gainesville (and accross the street from the university), I guess it's Florida for me.

11. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I think it's gonna be all OSU.

12. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

Ohio State will win it, but I might be bias cause I live in Columbus and am an OSU fan. Michigan did get screwed but they did have their chance already, not really fair for OSU to have to beat a twice twice to win a NC while the other team would only have to win once against OSU to win a NC. Money talks and another rematch wouldn't make as much money as Big Ten vs SEC. Just one thing to remember, Tressel is 4-0 in bowl games. Plus Leak is a complete joke as a QB. Smith for Heisman.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'm going with ohio, just because i want to see them play USC at the rose bowl or Texas or something. i want to see them back at the top, and playing a great championship team next year. but that won't happen so no biggie.

but i will go with Ohio. but doesn't matter i'm not watching it.

14. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    OSU, no doubt.

I really don't see how Michigan got screwed here, though. They already lost to OSU, they lost their own conference [to OSU], they didn't have as tough of a schedule as Florida, didn't beat as many ranked opponents as Florida, etc... now how exactly did they deserve to be there in place of Florida?

Besides... say there was a rematch and OSU wins again. That makes Michigan a joke. Even if Michigan were [by some miracle] to win, what would that prove? It would make the whole BCS look like an even bigger joke than it already is.

15. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My heart says Florida, but my head says THE Ohio State. Florida's D should keep the score close but I see OSU breaking out in the late 3rd/early 4th quarter.

16. Jux

Michigan has already proven it can hang in a shootout with Ohio. Florida may have had a tougher schedule, but Michigan's only loss came to the only team above it.

You put Michigan against Ohio in Glendale, and not Columbus where there's homefield, and Michigan can easily come away with a win.

17. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Florida. It will be a cold day in hell before I vote for the THE.

18. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Stupid USC looked past UCLA and lost their focus along with chance to play for the national championship. I hope Pete Carroll's team will not make this kind of mistake ever again. It's not like they can rank this high every year. For them to beat Notre Dame only to lose to UCLA is nothing but carelessness.

BTW Florida deserves to go not Michigan. Period.

19. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Yeah, they could come away with a win. No doubt. And they are a very good team. But honestly, what would it prove? Either way. Either Michigan looks like a joke because they lose TWICE to their arch rival or the BCS looks like a joke because people will view it as a tie for the Championship.

It would be a great game, just like a few weeks back. But it makes no sense to reward a team that lost their own conference with a championship berth... against teh very team they lost their own conference title to. So... Michigan loses their conference to Ohio State... but gets to face the same tem again for the NATIONAL TITLE? You seriously think that makes sense?

20. Jux

Nebraska lost their conference to Colorado in 2002, but still played Miami for the BCS title while Colorado was left to play Oregon.

The point is, the BCS is always a joke, and there's good arguments for both teams. Personally, I think Michigan would have the best shot at it.