Ohio boy hospitalized after 4-day Xbox marathon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ejack37, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    And somehow, the media will find an asinine way to blame this on video games. Again.

Stupid parents are stupid for letting their kid play a game for 4 days straight, and stupid kid is stupid for even thinking of doing such a thing.

2. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is just as bad as the kid who killed himself a couple years ago because his parents took away his xbox. Parents need to moniter their kids on these games. If they get too attached they need help.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I blame MW3, it's just that bad a game.

I guarentee he only played about five matches online.

4. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    This.

When I have kids, I won't introduce them to games until they're about 8 or 9 years old.

But how the hell does this kid play for 4 days straight? I can't play for more than 4 hours at best. (If I play that long, I'll get a massive headache)

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

So basically the parents neglected their child for 4 days while he did nothing but gaming? I say the parents are guilty in this and should be charged with neglence of their kid. At least have the common sense to check in with your child every few hours to see what he's up to. Sheesh.

6. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

What cracks me up is the people in this thread saying that can't even go an hour without a break. So those 2 hours between breaks at your job must be hell, huh? I can usually go for ~ 5-6 hours. After that, I need a break. I've been known to play Escalation on WFC for long stretches of time but that's partially because of the constant nature of the game (it doesn't stop if you press pause. You do that and something will kill you while you stand there and then your game is over).

Now this kid going for 4 days and the parents letting him is just ******ed and I hope the parents get charged with neglect.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why I don't play Call of Duty.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    "The xbox is gone."

Right, because that was the problem.

9. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

LOL. I know it's mean to laugh, but holy shit, have they no sense of self preservation? Grab some water. Get a burger. Get some sleep. Jeebus.

Oh, and those parents? WTF are you doing? One time my mom told me to stop playing video games, after I'd been playing for three hours straight with my friends. She asked me several times to stop and go eat dinner. I ignored her. Then she walked over, pulled the game out of the console, and then chucked it out the back door. I learned my lesson after that.

10. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Not gonna lie, that sounds like something my mom or dad would do.

11. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Excuse me, but I have several questions here.

First of all: May I ask what happened to his bodily waste? I mean, after three days of not getting up to go to the bathroom wouldn't the damn room smell like a sty? That should have clued the parents in real quick that something was wrong.

Not to mention, what kind of parents are that bad that they don't even go to see if their kid is even alive, let alone what the hell he's been doing for six hours in his room.

Do they have family meals?

How does making the X-Box Gone help? That thing costs a shit load of money, did they just throw it away? Talk about totally missing the point, responsible parenting means, being responsible, not just taking the thing that is causing your child these issues and getting rid of it. Remember, out of sight out of mind doesn't work when the kid is going to be twitching and itching to grab up that game controller and playing the game again.

This is just the worst thing to hear in the news, because you know their going to spin some crap about how Video Games are the problem, our kids are not being helped by them, blah, blah, blah.

And where the hell were all this kids friends anyway? You don't see a guy for 4 days at 15 and you just assume he's alright? Casual friends maybe, but definitely not the best buddies always hanging out variety.

Ugh, it's stories like this that make me glad my parents were responsible and taught me the right way to play a video game. I couldn't stand playing 4 days straight of any game, especially not one as frustrating and make you want to break your damn controller after the thirtieth death by cheap ass enemies first-person shooter. Anyone who can stand to do that needs some serious help.

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    No sympathy for the parents and the kid. First off, why buy him a game that's M rated? That's really what i don't get with fucking 8 year olds buying COD. Second, why leave your child unattended? Third, why in the name of COMMON FUCKING SENSE would you play a game for 4 days straight without a break? are you KIDDING me? I say he deserves what he gets. I know it's also bad parenting, but fuck my child would actually have the tiny brain cells to tell him that he's hungry and needs to take a break, even that he's too tired. This kid completely ignored his own bodily warnings which should worry the parents.

I don't think you understand. If my child did this, I would take the xbox and mw3 to the hospital and break the xbox into tiny little bite-sized pieces right in front of him, then I would snap the mw3 disk in half. I would make TRIPLE sure he wouldn't even see another video game until he moved out the house,and whatever he would do wouldn't be my problem. I'm not saying the games were to blame, i'm just saying that a person who goes out of his human fucking nature for a video game doesn't deserve so much as fucking solitare!

*end rant.

sorry people, it's just stupidity these days just can't be tolerated, from parents or their children :banghead: 

13. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am more sorry for the x-box machine

14. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

FOUR DAYS of gaming? How the fuck can you do four days of gaming? after Four HOURS I usually get a headache and have the Common fucking sense to shut the game off. Even when I was big into GMOD 10 during the Summer of '08, I had the sense to take a break every now and then and satisfy my own bodily needs. Take a Piss, Get a drink of water, Pop a Pizza in the Microwave, stretch, that kind of thing. I think the longest gaming session I've ever had was at my friend's house and It barely lasted 5 hours before I headed to sleep.
    The Parents are no better in this situation. How can you just ignore your child for four days? That's Nearly a week without acknowledging your kid's existence, for crying out loud! The state needs to remove custody, and these parents should NEVER have kids again.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Well, that's all kinds of messed up.

All of the bases have been hit already, this is everyones fault but the X-box, who must've been like a boss.

When I was in Boy Scouts, there was a member of our troop who had an infection that he wouldn't say how he got it. Popular opinion, based on evidence (Including that his parents took away his Nintendo), was he got it by playing Nintendo (Original NES) too long and not going to the bathroom.

I've done some long gaming sessions, but it just shows there's always someone who's a moron about it.

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    A couple of things.

Wow, how did he manage that? I generally don't play for longer than 5 hours before I get bored and want to do something else. The longest I've actually managed to sit down and continuously play a game without wanting to claw my eyes out is about 8 hours. How does a kid manage to go for twelve times that length?

That poor Xbox. I'm amazed it didn't just melt into a pile of radioactive sludge after a session like that. They must have some insane ventilation in that room.

As for the kid...honestly I don't feel the need to go into detail. The kid's an idiot, the parents are idiots, and anybody that blames this on the game is an idiot.

edit: One more thing. I thought evolution programmed us to do whatever it takes to preserve ourselves? Apparently this kid missed getting that bundle of genes. Oh well.

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well see, I only play console games a few times a year, so when I do... the sessions tend to be pretty long haha.

18. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How could you play for FOUR DAYS? Even when I get in on a good gaming session, I need to take a break every 30-45 minutes just to get up and walk around. I couldn't imagine sitting in the same spot for four days without anything to eat or drink, and his eyes must be freaking wrecked. The kid should have had the common sense to take a break, and the parents should have had the common sense to MAKE him take a break. Even when I was younger my family would check in on me every so often, not leave me alone holed up in my room for four days.

19. knobbycon

knobbycon logorrheic egghead

The XBox is likely gone because it burned a hole through the floor. I think I could fry an egg on mine if it was powered on longer than eight hours.

Shit, back in the day, four days wouldn't have gotten him past the first level of Dragon's Lair.

20. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Dang, I can barely play a game for an hour straight lol.