Oh what fresh hell is this.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Today, I went to TRU to see if they had the Blind Packs yet (sadly no) and decided to pick up and look at the Wheeljack/Knockout kit. I picked it up and the box felt... loose. as it turns out, the tape seals were broken. I peeked inside, and -sure enough- the minifigs were gone. Reported it, they took it off the shelf.

Like seriously, WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! Just how despicable are some people?! Nearly ruined my day, given that I've been kinda saving up to get that solely for the minifigs, and yet someone just cut it open and took them. Like seriously!

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I don't mean to excuse it away, but people are scumbags. You've got way too many folks out there where, "I want it" is all the justification they need, if not a direct license to just take shit. We live in a culture where an individual purchased an Xbox 360 from Walmart, took it home, emptied the contents of the box, filled the box back up with rocks, went back to the store and got their money back.

Hell, we engage in a hobby where toy-swapping is a thing. There's a lengthy article on the subject on a wiki one could read and 2/3 of the Not Cool thread is photographic evidence of the practice.

Its sad. But I don't think you should let it impact your day like that. You went the step above and notified the staff that a product had been tampered with, so take some pride in that and you know enough to be vigilant when purchasing Kreo sets.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    also saw a Wheeljack nearly smashed to pieces in a packaging-taped up box. *facepalm*

4. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Also, this time last year, folks were having a hell of a time finding DOTM Voyagers where the Mechtech weapon was still actually in the box.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "The Customer is always right..."

I can tell you this kind of stuff happens on a pretty regular basis, and that you only notice when it's something you want.

6. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

I've never had this problem, or even heard of it occuring anywhere near me. Fortunate.

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This reminds me of last year's Thundercats Lion-O figure that was in a black windowless box (I think a shared exclusive with SDCC). There were a bunch left, but ALL of them were opened already and the tops and/or bottoms of the boxes were noticeably torn. It was pathetic. People were going after the chromed sword, I think.

8. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Seen this happen at least three times...
    At Target (The day I bought the Prime voyager Optimus and CV Cliff for my half brother) I saw Prime Voyager Megatron with his fusion cannon gone. The package was still sealed, I guess some crafty little bastard managed to finagle the accessory out of the "Try Me" hole on the front of the box.
    At my work, about a year and a half ago when we still had some of the Pursuit of Cobra GI Joes hanging in our Cereal section, I found one of the Snake Eyes figures torn open haphazardly a few aisles away. I don't think this one was some crafty accessory thief, just some kid whose parents didn't want to pay for product their little hellspawn tore open in our store. (There wasn't any accessories missing and the packaging was ruined)
    A little more than a week ago, I had purchased Family Guy: Its A Trap! from a vendor at a flea market. The Jewel Case was sealed as far as I could tell. I get home, remove the sleeve and there's a suspicious-looking tear in the Jewel case wrapping. I don't know how someone was able to swipe the disc, the vendor's booth was maybe as big as my sister's apartment (which itself is a pretty small zero bedroom, one bath with a kitchenette).

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Oh yeah - I was at TRU about a week or so ago, and took a look at their blind packs. I'd say about 75% of them were ripped open. Scumbags.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I wish i could find the blindpacks...

11. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I hate when people do shit like that. At my local Walmart, one of the movie deluxe OP figures with the trailers was torn open and only the trailer was left. And a leader Ironhide's packaging was destroyed. Luckily they had the blindpacks when I went in today. Scored Scorponok and Galvatron.

12. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    This also happens to MOSC diecast cars like Hot Wheels, etc. I've seen empty cards/blisters on pegs.

I've seen a store employee opening a movie Leader figure just to play with it and re-taped the box afterwards(!). And what makes it worse was he was fully aware I was watching him.

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    where does one find these blindpacks? near the rest of the Kre-O? or elsewhere in the store? want them sooooo bad...

14. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Wow. I thought that they were supposed to inspect stuff like that before accepting it for a return.

15. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    People used to steal Lego SW Minifigs out of the box, when they still had the full minifigs visible in a window packaging. Now they have the minifigs in pieces in separate baggies.

I feel bad enough fondling the blind pack bags to see if I can tell which minifig is inside, especially my two sons are doing the same with me :lol 

(I mean Lego minifigs...wish I could fondle Kre-O ones :redface2: )

16. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Every time I shop at this one Walmart. The Prime toy boxes,Have the Mech tech weapons stolen.

17. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    One time, I was in a branch of a local toy store chain, and a man came and asked one of the store personnel about an ROTF Leader Class Optimus he bought in another store, apparently, he and his son were having a hard time transforming it. The "helpful" store personnel opened one from the shelf and showed the man how to transform it.

18. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Hahaha, oh wow.

19. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry I'm not trying to go off topic but is there a way to tell what's in the blind packs like the old Lego mini's before the bump code?

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    there is, though i forget who is what.