oh well..at least i have the vhs, dvd, and coming soon the 20th ed dvd

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Draven2575, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Draven2575

Draven2575 The name is BLUESTREAK!!

it was mention in an early post in 'the simple things' by Kittie Rose (i won't repost it here). a good read though and right on the spot and it really hit/says what all or most of us are thinking/feeling.

it's just that many have had enough that sometimes our emotions get the best of us. so what. that's why the forums are for.
    i also tried to keep away from anything that showed me what the tf was going to be like, but the buzz/internet/friends etc...
    now i haven't seen script, but (not sure it was here) quotes from the interviews from bay/shia/lorenzo have been posted or linked.

what got me was that (interview with shia), "Bay before shooting and he told me that the whole hook for him with this project wasn't the robots or the action. He said it was the human story, specifically your story, what he called the All-American story of a kid getting his first car."

the hell, anyone remember the carlos/alexis/rad show with some transformers? this is transformers! simple. hell even the tag line is 'their war, our world...' it's about robots. that's the title. sheesh, or how it was quoted that bay was doing a G1 movie, but everything got tossed out the window (including character designs).

then came the whole matrix is the 'energon holder' speculation, and not to mention bay's angry response about how there are things that he wanted to do but couldn't, and how the producers wanted to do something else, don wanted this, and how making a movie isn't a democratic process...sounds like a lot of blaming (or covering your ass) just in case the movie flops. (time will prove 'us' right). i wish i could find the link (maybe it's been post ad nauseum).

then of course are the 'early' designs...(or the ones that were 'leaked')

but don't worry i won't gloat. but of course everyone will blame those tf fans who didn't give a s***** movie a shot...etc.

2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Do you want a cookie or something?

Really, it's a film, one of many coming out next year, you'll get over it I promise. How quickly you get over it is up to you though chuckles.

3. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    K, thanks...I guess.

The relationship between Transformers and humans was one of the greatest things about the Transformers cartoon, especially the buddy relationships Bumblebee and Hot Rod developed with their little friends. The idea that a giant metal machine and a young boy can find a common bond is a great idea shown in movies like The Iron Giant.

While a 100% cgi two hour robot space battle would be the ultimate fanwank, that movie would be just that and would fail to capture a huge audience. Personally, I'm really interested in seeing the human reactions to the Transformers, and seeing how Bumblebee does his best to save Spike.

But oh well, thank god message board posts are free.

Also, the overwhelming sense of self-importance that people have by making new threads just to post their opinion thats been said 100x is really annoying. Sure everyone wants to be heard and replied to on the internet but come on.

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right on the money.

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Come to think of it has there ever been a show that's been 100% about robots w/no human/alien interaction?Because I honestly can't think of one.I think the only Transformers show in existence that didn't have some human/alien interaction was Beast Machines.Although that's the exception since humans wouldn't fit into that series anyway.And of all the robot cartoons I've seen, Gundam,Astro-boy,Voltron.They all involved the human elemen

Agreed,fanwank can barely keep my attention for 5 minutes :lol 

6. Exitspeed

Exitspeed Well-Known Member

Why do mods even let these type of threads continue.

I think we all get the point by now.

7. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

Have you conducted a scientific poll of the fans to back up that assertrion? or did you just include it because you knew an empty claim that your feelings are represenative of the majority of fans would generate more responses?

Personally I have the 1986 movie on DVD, but I may never actaully watch it again, its just one DVD, bought at HMV clearance pricing, amoung litterally hundreds.

The new movie, be it good, bad or indifferent, will give me something new to watch, something the TFTM hasn't done since 1986.

8. Draven2575

we have opinions just like everyone else, doesn't make mine any more valid than any other (wrong or right). whatever the case you decide to believe..
    and wow.. proof/pollls? there have been several since it was announced the movie was being made. and this isn't the only board i come to. if anyone wants to see them there is a search button or to find the articles/reviews/interviews i'm betting they have been posted here.
    yeah i've been here a while, but i don't post on every little thing. nor do i or have in the past condesended on other posters.

this is my opinion (i thought that what threads were for)

9. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

You can certainly have your opinions. No one says you cant. What they're jumping on you for is your assertion you speak for the majority of them. If the majority of the people you talk to dont like it, great. But you do NOT speak for the majority of the fans, no matter how much you might like to think so. It comes across as a 'REAL fans dont like it' holier then thou statement which we've seen hundred of already.

10. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having an opinion is cool, and maybe we shouldn't be so hard as this IS a free online forum... But theres a difference between having your opinion, and making a new thread to post your opinion when theres already 5-10 multipage threads with hundreds of people giving your opinion on the boards. Thats all

11. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Le sigh...

Humans are an integral part of the Transformers mythos. How they meet and interact with humans was a huge part of G1, and has continued to be so in every incarnation since. hell, even Beast Wars touched on humans, one of it's best episodes detailed Dinobots quest to save their very existence.

What we can hope bay is talking about is the relationship between Bumblebee and Spike (sam), which I think is one of the few things that sub-par script got spot on. The problem lies in the fact that, beyond Optimus and Bumblebee, not a single other robot gets any character development whatsoever. That is a huge problem, and hopefully something that has changed in any rewrites that may or may have not occured. And no, Megatron does not get developed, he's a "moustache twirling" villain throughout the film, and never shows anything other than that. The decepticon minions are all mindless drones, as far as we know. Ironhide, Jazz and Ratchet, basically the same thing. They get a few lines, but we have no attachment to them as characters. That has to change, or the film will indeed suck major donkey balls.

12. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Because, unlike some people's opinion, the mods are not totalitarian asses.

People are free to express themselves so long as it is in a logical and anti-flamatory manner

But I say we'd all might as well get used to threads like this as it will only get worse the closer we get to the film's release, god help us when the full trailer gets shown

13. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

The relationship between humans and Transformers is one important aspect, and it is the only part of the movie that should have the Humans after they meet the TFs. I don't want this movie becoming Humans vs. Decepticons with a little help from the Autobots. The Human army shouldn't even dent the Decepticons. I don't want this being about relationships between humans except for a tiny, tiny romantic subplot with Spike and Carly (or whatever the hell they are called in the movie).

14. Draven2575

word up

..i wonder what rating is this movie going to be (spielbitch has said he didn't want any guns in a 'war' movie...but oh well)
    so far i've seen that one go-bot (i mean tf) has a gun...what about the rest?
    harsh language?

15. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    like ive mentioned before

people dread the human factor because its never been done right

now HOPEFULLY they'll be able to rectify that here in one way or another

i for one cant wait to see this, design contraversy aside, its gonna be one helluva ride. i mean. Live. Action. Transformers.

need i say more?

16. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Then respond in that thread instead of starting a redundant one.
    You and Kitty do not speak for a majority of the fans. A large number, certainly. Not a majority. The fandom is fairly split, just like it has been over nearly every other TransFormers controversy since the dawn of Internet message boards and Usenet before that.
    No, it isn't. That's why we have moderators to delete posts, give warnings and ban people when they go too far in letting their emotions get the better of them. There's this thing called "self control" and we're all expected to use it here.
    But this isn't the Armada kids. This is Sam "Spike" Witwicky and Bumblebee. You're complaining about one of the few elements of this movie taken straight out of G1. I can personally vouch that as a kid, Bumblebee and Spike's friendship was what made the show click with me on a deeper level than just watching robots shoot at each other. The rest of what I want to say about that issue has been said quite well by others in this thread, so instead of starting a separate thread about how right those people in this thread are, I'm not even going to repeat their thoughts all over again in this one.
    People say petty and immature things like this and then wonder why there's so much hatin' on the haters. We should all be capable of expressing our opinions like grown-ups instead of calling names.

17. Draven2575

hmmm, still the movie is going to suck/flop.
    i remember when 2 guys tried to to a real godzilla movie and they wanted to do it 'their' way.
    oh well. this is why i haven't been on the boards for almost a year. but i have an opinion and everyone gets annoyed. sorry we have to tip toe around so many subjects around here (not to mention getting pm's and warnings).
    i won't post polls/articles/reviews/or statistics (cause then i'll get flamed/booed/or get even more sarcastic remarks)..
    so from now on i'll just say the 'general feeling' and 'some people'.

i wonder what kind of specials the 20th dvd will have
    maybe more story panels/japanese trailer/interview/commentary by peter cullen
    that would be sweet

18. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I don't think it will. From everything i've seen, and read, I think it will do quite well.

19. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

TFgraveyard,if Draven2575 is happy thinking the movie will flop that's his perogative.

Myself I think it'll be a decent summer flick.Which considering the material is pretty good :) 

20. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Oh, I know. :)  I was just commenting that I see it the other way. :)