Oh THANK THE LORD.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Holy Jeez. The past 3 weeks have been hell. First week of march was midterms. Spring break was studying for the next set of midterms. Third week or march was midterms II: The wrath of Khan. I've been waking up at like 6am each day to crank out homework, programming and take-home exams. PLEASE NO MO'.

I turned in a take-home today, took an exam today and finished a quiz today. As of now, I have one whole week without scholastic aptitude challenges of any sort. Thank the lord.

<passes out>

Obligatory General Discussion "discuss this stuff generally" topic: How's school?

2. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I applaud you for returning to school and subjecting yourself to sleepless nights, near starvation and the brink of insanity all in the name of higher education and a brighter future. I wish I had the time! BTW, how long till you're finished?

3. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

well last week i had hspa monday till friday and i was supposed to take sat saturday but had no way to get there. teachers love me and i can skipp class with out getting detention because i can talk my way out of everything, and i asked a girl out in school.so pretty dam good for me

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I was so glad to be finished school.

Good luck Ops!

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    3 semesters. Next semester, I start into the 400-level (senior) stuff. I've been dragging my feet (i.e., holding a job) over the past few years.

...and, coming from you, I wholeheartedly appreciate the applause. :)  I need some of it.

6. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Glad you've got some time off there buddy!

These last few weeks have been a lot of work for me, finished VR coursework, did VR demo, finished Control Systems and Feedback coursework, wrote SCARP paper, finished SLEASE coursework.

Then last monday was fun, had to demo our 3rd Year group robot project. Found out a few days before that as well as the demo we had to do a presentation. None of us had any idea what to say. A few minutes before we had to do this presentation we found out that the demo counted for nothing and that the presentation was everything. Fuck. Managed to blather on for 2-3 minutes on what i'd done somehow, don;t think i sounded too much like a twat. Had to put my hands behind myself after a while when i realised that whilst pointing at the robot my hand was shaking so badly it looked like i was having a fit. Demo was comical and partially in snow, came second out of three group which all considered ain;t too bad, especially as it doesn;t count!

Now i am at home for 4 weeks for easter, all of which will be spent A) Revising the notes I have from the lectures i went to, B) Realising 'Oh shit should have gone to more lectures' and learning and then revising the modules I didn;t go to, C) One final SLEASE assignment, D) Writing up the final report for the project and E) Trying to find a job for the summer.

This is going to be a laugh a minute Easter, I can just feel it...

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    :lol  Aw man, your break sounds like it's going to be just as awesome as mine was!! RADICAL!

Honestly though, bonne chance. Us engineers gotta stick together. Congratulations on knocking out that presentation, BTW - never mind the 11th-hour preparations, it sounds like you got the job done. And that's what matters. :thumb 

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!!! :) 

I don't think I could go back to school after all this time, but who knows what the Lord would have me do. His will, not mine. I commend you for doing so.

9. Vector Sigma

Thanks buddy :)  Come beginning of June I'm going to be so damn happy as all exams will be out of the way, SCARP conference will be over and the external examiners vist will be done. Then I'll have all of summer to worry about my Masters project whatever the bloody hell thats going to be!

Engineering FTW!!...

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    school sucks. that is all.

11. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    >_< That kind of sums it up.

I'm thinking of just taking my bed into my office and living there. Son of a bitch, it's gonna be another weekend working away at it. Shit, I've got my thesis proposal due in two weeks, I've got to get that started. Just isn't enough time in the day.

12. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Much easier than tax season. :p 

So tempting...but I'll leave your religious comments alone. :) 

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One of the best things about my program is that all the classes and teachers fall underneath the PA program. So I never have more than two tests a week, and they're always on Monday and Friday when that does happen. Downside is that since everything is staggered, I have at least one test a week in one class or another. It's more a distance run than a series of sprints, I guess.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you and me both brother...

15. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Eh it's all right. Got about 7-8 weeks left before graduation and then I'm done.

16. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    This semester is fun as hell. During spring break, I had to write up a 3500-word essay on French mathematician Blaise Pascal - inventor of the first calculator and the kilopascal unit of measure. I handed in what I thought was a crap essay, only to find out yesterday that I scored an A+!

I've got another essay to write, this time on three Mollière plays, which is due in 4 weeks. I still need to read the plays though.

Then there's history class and the dreaded miterm exam next Tuesday. Am I ready? Hell no! The weekend will be fun-filled, methinks.

17. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Good, seeing as how that would be flaming. I have as much right to make comments like that as others do to cuss. Even though I don't like cussing, I don't say anything. Thank you for showing me the same courtesy back. :) 

18. Vector Sigma

*Cough*Rule 10*Cough*

Anyway, finished my online SLEASE posts today, only one final thing to do for that module over Easter and that ones out of the way, phew!...

19. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Funny how that keeps coming up directed at my comment, which is just a variation of the comment in the thread title that noone seems to have a problem with. Double standard?

BTW, I wasn't discussing religion. It was just a statement of excitement, no different than when someone says "Woot!".

20. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Woot!

So what's on this weekend?

I've got some Fortran coding, some general relativity, a bit of quantum revising, some group theory and maybe looking over some magnetism. Oh, and those bloody microwave electronics.