Oh, son of a....

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Primevil, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    So I got the FFVII: Advent Children Cloud figure (without the Fenrir) a few weeks ago when my sister went to Otakon (I couldn't afford to go, but I had enough cash to afford something).

Anyway, I was just a moment ago trying to get his alternate hand on (the one with the more round hole for holding the sword) and had some difficulty since it's a bit of a tight fit, although the other hand isn't really hard to get on/off.

The point is, as I was trying to get the hand on, a bit of twisting happened (which didn't seem to be a problem the last time I put that hand on Cloud's arm) and the peg started to break right at the base. That's when I stopped. Now I'm afraid to put either hand on, since the peg could break clean off.

Anyone have any ideas how to take care of this? Is there some sort of glue/cement that will bond plastic, or should I try to rig up something new with another material (suggestions would be appreciated)? Keep in mind that exchanging it is not an option, since my sister picked it up at an anime convention.

2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Superglue the peg?

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Just glueing the broken peg back on will never be strong enough. Best bet would be to drill a hole where the peg was, then glue in a piece of plastic or brass rod.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Then I'd take a sharp knife and whittle away at that hole a bit. So as to make it not so tight. It would be less likely to brake the peg on off.

5. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Listen to this advice, it's about the only way to make it work. Just drill the hole in both the hand and the peg, size out a piece of rod to fit in, and then put some glue in both sides, insert the rod, and let it set. I did this to my DC Direct New Frontier Wonder Woman figure (sword had a tiny peg which broke off in a similar way) and it worked well.

6. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Sounds good, but I'd like to still be able to use both of Cloud's hands. Of course, I could glue the rod into the arm, but not glue the hand to the rod and not have any problems, right?

7. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

You could always get yourself a single Cloud figure to replace it. That's what I did when my the box set one's leg fell off.

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Use the rod to reconnect the peg to the base, not the hand. Good as new.

9. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

You'd drill the hole into whatever part the peg was orginally attatched to. Whether that's the hand, or the arm.

10. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Agreed. You're basically salvaging the original peg, which is mostly torn off (you will likely have to cut it all the way off) by using the piece of brass or whatever to hold the busted peg and the hand it used to be attached to together with glue. It's the same kind of technique that model builders use to replace ball joints that have busted off.