Oh, Pricing Gods, I Beseech Thee: Price Check on a MISB G1 Apeface (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Triformis, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Man I wish my tape did that on my MISB's, so I can sneak them out for battles

I have a loose Apeface and he's pretty damn cool. Love the jet mode

If no luck here, Id ebay it with auction starting at $130, and buy it now for $200
    Usually someone just buys it to avoid the bid battling.

I dunno, I may be able to get you a paul Mcartney for it

2. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

A Paul McCartney, eh? Hmmmm...I'd prefer a Ringo, but I'm sure he'd be harder to acquire being so elusive and all. LMK! I'm actually going for $240 over in the Junkion with a variety of shipping bonuses thrown in for free. Might as well aim high and go from there. I like your idea, though, and if I strike out on TFW (I have yet too, though), I'll force myself to do it the e-bay way.

hotspot- Dude! Those are the beetles! I've got, like, 10 or so of them. Now, they might be a different species since mine came from some enormous fungus growing on a downed tree in south Missouri, but I doubt it. They look exactly like those. Truth be told, I never got around to keying them out to species, so I'll take your word for it. Very cool find, my friend, those are indeed seemingly rare.

3. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Bizarrely enough, your and hotspot's beetle there looks not too unlike the design of the kaiju I mentioned, Satan Beetle, only it has one curved "horn" instead of two.

[​IMG]

Separated at birth? :) 

4. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    So tell me this, what's the point of those horns on it's thorax?

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Awesome MISB Apeface. :rock  One of my favorite headmasters for sure. Hope you get what you want for it. $$$$ or beetles.

6. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

hotspot - Hmmmm...my best guesses would either be camoflouage or sexual selection. I say camoflouage because, as I recall, they were a bit hard to see against their background due to those horny protusions. The beetles might have been easier to spot had I been able to see their head with ease.

However, since the females don't have them (maybe they were hiding in recesses, can't recall), they are probably used by females to select their ideal mates (whether they prefer bigger or smaller, I dunno, but I'd suspect bigger). Additionally, perhaps the males use them to do battles, like many other species of beetles. *shrug* Go find out, man!

Liokaiser - hey, what's up, dude? I see you just passed the 12,000 mark. Crazy! Man, you know you want this fig. Come buy it! :) 
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=159151