Oh My God...(ToyWiz Rant)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by EvaUnit13, Aug 1, 2007.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

http://www.toywiz.com/trmo20acfico2.html

Do they think they'll actually get someone to buy from them at these prices?! The Leaders are going for 2 1/4 their normal price, and some Deluxes for over 4 times!! I've never heard good about their prices, but this is just insanity

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I saw that yesterday. It's all about supply and demad. Right now, supply for leaders is low and demand is high. And with the turnaround of new TFs, they'll get the cash because the next waves are coming out. Remember, for these toys, the turnaround is a few months tops. And the toys have already been out for 2 months.

3. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

$45 for a '74 BB!!?!? woah...

4. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I've never seen a online store change their prices on a daily basis, except for them. Typical Toy Wiz up-the-ass prices. It almost makes me want to run out and buy a '74 Bumblebee.

5. The Rage

The Rage Parapsychologist

Ebay:
    Yeah, look at their prices for Alternators. They want 129.99 for Mirage, and 129.99 for Rodimus. I damn near shit when I saw that price for Mirage.

6. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Hah!! Same thing happend to me today. I was looking for the Marvel Icons and 08 BB at good prices and what do I find?? $40 for BB who ships sometime this month when I will probably find him in the coming weeks.

7. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

That's ToyWiz for you. Noone actually buys from them... but they are able to stay in business because the guy that owns it is Gareb Shamus' (from Wizard Magazine) brother.

They have one of the worst reps of an online store like, well, ever.

8. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Sorry to rain on your parade mate but 2x RM R Blade, Alt Tracks, and Alt Sunstreaker for $54 Doesn't seem like a rip off by any stretch of the imagination. And BBTS also has a tendency to crank it's preces up to ridiculous levels aswell (albeit not so often or as ridiculous as ToyWiz).

So yeah I do buy from them if its going cheaper than BBTS (which it does some of the time)

9. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    toywiz's shipping sucks....real bad.

10. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:

WAIT, I TAKE IT ALL BACK. That was actionhq... I think I got Alt Mirage from ToyWiz for something like $25... which considering the massive demand for it at the time was a decent price I believe (and seeing as NO WHERE in Australia still carried alts...)

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Yeah toywiz is a special store. I ordered from them in the past and they were not so good

12. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    Clearly a symptom of living in America (and therefore being used to having faster shipping!)!

Toywiz took as long to get here after the order as BBTS or actionHQ ie about a week after they shipped theyre sitting on my front doorstep.

13. Grok

Grok Member

ToyWiz used to have a Store front called Wizard World (not sure if its still around) in NY. I used to go there to play Warhammer about 4 years ago. I would regularly see them head to the local Toy'R'Us and buy everything they could. The back room was stacked with exclusives from near by stores. They got around any imposed limit per person very easy.

Sucks for anyone living near them. Glad I moved, although there are some heavy scalpers in this area too.

14. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, I'm not a fan either. I don't mind slow shipping, since most of my orders stay unopened for months anyways, but I do mind things just not being sent. Yeah, that gets to me.
    I didn't know that. Interesting.

15. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Yup - Gareb's brother Ken originally owned a comic shop in NY state - the ToyWiz website is the store's web presence. Wizard Entertainment Group is a separate entity entirely, but there have been a number of situations where they've given preferential treatment to ToyWiz (longtime Simpsons collectors may remember the Pin Pal Burns debacle).

In the collecting community at large, ToyWiz has been largely boycotted for about 6 years due to the shady Toyfare connection, the 500% markup on figures, and a lot of reports with poor customer service and slow processing - and they reportedly get the majority of sales from overseas and people who are buying for family members who collect - plus a healthy amount from brother Gareb.

In essence - putting this into terms that Transfans can understand - Gareb and Ken Shamus are the Pat and Roger Lee of online toy shenanigans.

16. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

slow shipping isnt the problem dude, the threw my anime astrotrain in a box too small and with only about 5 pieces of styrofoam popcorn. they suck big time.

17. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen that before on their WWE Classic Superstars figures....prices are outrageous.........

this kind of thing is the one problem I have with toy collecting. When it comes down to it, it's just a freaking toy....for KIDS! But places like this (Toy Wiz) treat the toys like they are bars of gold or something. Oh well...what can you do.....