Oh my god optimus is such a buzzkill.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by @l3x, Mar 9, 2011.

1. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Discuss.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    discuss what? why is optimus a buzzkill?

3. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    :redface2: When? when hes punching megatron/cons in the face or gunning them down?:sly: :wtf: 

4. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know! When he wouldn't play Arcee's game "Who screwed things up back at base?" correctly :lol 

5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    It's not really a Leader-like quality y'know to express those sort of thoguhts. Though I kind of wished Optimus was like "Bulkhead? I know girl! That fool be clumsy! Always getting caught on power lines mmmm hmmm".

6. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    :lol 

I have to agree with Shizuka though. Deep down I think he enjoys the banter between those under his command. He hardly reprimands them for it unless they are actively and purposely being mean. Being a good leader is making sure the relationships between those under you are just as solid.

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    He's a stern father figure, so while he cannot readily or easily enjoy the snarky banter, hilarious jokes and horseplay the others engage in, watching them do so is probably what keeps him going.

Though you'll see, Fanon will dictate that he and Ratchet hold regular drinking contests, and no one on base can beat them.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah he's not exactly the life of a party but he's far from a buzzkill. He actually sits out of Wheeljack's big arrival party so that they can all enjoy it. That seems like he's trying not to be a buzz kill.

Though I guess it's hard to have fun when almost everyone you knew and cared about was killed or enslaved (then killed) when your planet was plunged into war, pretty much left dead and uninhabitable, and in your eyes it's your fault. (being the Autobot Leader)

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    id certainly love for optimus to let his hair down now and then

sure, split, when you put it that way it makes sense that he'd be all down and dreary and stern and distances himself but. i've made some pretty terrible mistakes in my life [ones im still paying for!] but that doesnt stop me from enjoying the moment now and then.

if anything itd be theraputic to do so! milling on all that kind of stuff and making it your purpose to never let your guard down even among friends will only hurt you in the end!

heck, itd make for a great episode if they got more into that kinda stuff with prime.

Take Mal Reynolds from Firefly. His side lost the war. Pretty much all the soldiers died underneath him. Does that stuff bother him from time to time? yeah. But does he cut loose and enjoy some downtime with his crew every now and then? of course. Anti-social does not a great leader make!

just my 2 cents!

i, for one, would love for Optimus to be a bit less wooden and monotone all the time. sucks the character right out of him! Right now the only thing this Prime has going for him is Peter Cullen's voice. [not his acting! cuz there isnt a whole lot. just his voice ;)  ]

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Prime's a mellow fella.

11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And since IDW is doing the comic, this is entirely possible!!

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Problem is, Bob and Alex are from the "Optimus is the EPIC HELL LEADER WHOOOOOOAURGH" team, so either you're with 'em or AGAINST 'em.

Brace yourself for Seriously Prime, because that's aaaall you'll get. (if it makes you happy tho theres a chance they'll explain why Optimus is more formal than a british judge)

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ill have to watch what i say!

Michael Bay might give him dreadlocks or a mullet or cornrows or something in TF3

14. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I was just thinking this today. Optimus speaks so slow and lifeless that he doesnt evoke an feeling one way or another.

They need to make him a bit more alive and upbeat that was what made him so personalable in G1. This Prime is just flat and all about the rules soo boring

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I feel like there's a bit more to Optimus than we previously thought. He's been through a lot of battles, seen a lot of things. I hope they go deeper into his character, considering the show is named after his rank.

16. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime is a homie.

17. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

"Prime's don't party."

18. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    SMH, seriously, how many more times do we want to bring this up???

No, Prime's don't party, they are leaders with responsibilities for those who under their command, whether thousands or a just a hand full of bots, Primes are responsible for the lives of their "soldiers" and the "civilians" they are honor bound to protect..which is serious business.

Why aren't there dozens of threads asking why Megatron doesn't party?? Why is Megatron such a buzzkill?? Yep, because Megatron is such a party animal, he's asked to every party on the planet?? :sly2: 

Leaders, no matter which faction..don't join their soldiers for parties, booze it up and snort Energon!! :p  Strategy and thoughts of defeating the enemy is their work, their life.

19. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Megatron has some semblance of characterization and has more to say than stale 80's catch phrases. Prime is a brick wall.

20. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Everyone who is complaining that Optimus is so serious and grim is forgetting something: Optimus's life sucks. He's been fighting a brutal war for eons, which is a time scale that none of us can comprehend. He's had to order men and women to their deaths like any other military commander. He's watched good friends suffer and die, butchered by the servants of a monster who used to be his friend. His homeworld is completely uninhabitable, meaning that he and his entire people are homeless. Any family he likely had is long dead. He's witnessed countless atrocities that the Decepticons have committed. He has the bots under his command, but even they can bring him pain; he has to be asking himself, "What if they die like Cliffjumper did?" He's got a lot of things to die for (ensuring that the 'Cons don't do to the humans what they did to his people), but he's got nothing in his nonexistent personal life to live for. If the war ended tomorrow, what does he have to go back to? Nothing. He can't even commit suicide to get away from this because doing so would leave countless innocents vulnerable to the Decepticons. Everyone complaining about his being a buzzkill and a downer should cut him some slack.