"Oh my god" moment today (Good!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArmadaJetfire, Apr 17, 2008.

1. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Some you may know I work at a TV station and we get some celb guests thru everyone in awhile. Today was the greatest guest of them all. Today I got meet, shake hands, chat, and get a picture taken with.....

ROWDY RODDY PIPPER!!!!!
    I saw him walk into the building, and while slowed with injury and age, he was still damn impressive! I mean....this was the guy I grew up watching beat the snot out of every babyface in the WWF on Pipper's Pit. It was so awesome! Plus he said Testicles on air during his interview! And let me tell you, we was the NICEST guy I have ever met. He agreed to walk into the studio with his entrence music playing, he stopped and talk with everyone who asked, he had no problem stopping for pictures and was just an all around nice human being.........makes me feel bad I hated him so much as a kid :p  Some of you may be like "Yeah thats great.........wierdo" But I figured at least Shin would be impressed :p 

2. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Awesome.

Good to hear that he is a nice guy.

3. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

SICK! I'd love to meet him or Triple H.

4. ArmadaJetfire

I met Triple H right after he won the IC strap from the Rock years ago. He was another guy who was a class act. And Chyna was there......she could have snapped my back like a tooth pick :eek: 

5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

You lucky summa bitch. Id give my left lung to meet Hunter.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i met these years ago:
    Junkyard Dog
    Lord Humongous
    Ric Flair
    and Gordon Solie- the Commentator.

i was a kid then, but they treated me like i was special- didn't try to scare me with their schtick, or anything. nice guys.
    Piper, that is a grail for meet and greets, dood. congrats

7. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Wow, that's really cool. Always liked him as a wrestler, plus he was so awesome in the very underrated They Live.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Lucky bastard. Hunter was one of the WWE superstars I´d like to meet.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That is pretty cool, and you're pretty lucky to meet him.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'd like to meet Hulk Hogan or Macho Man Randy Savage.

Non-wrestlers I'd like to meet are Mr. T, Chuck Norris, and Alice Cooper.

11. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    I don't have the slightest clue who any of those people are, and I keep pretty good tab on the celeb circuit.
    So...you had an OMG moment meeting a...plumber??? Sky-diver?? WHO????

A Play-by-play wouldn't hurt, especially if it was a OMG moment.....

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to work at Electronics Boutique in Clearwater FL, and I have a few storys about Wrestlers.

When the Gamecube came out, early in the morning, a woman that looked like she was in her 40's and had some obvious, uh, "work" done to her chest area, came in looking for a Gamecube, which were pretty scarce at the time. We just got a box of 4 in, and she bought one, and then asked me if "Legends of Wrestling" was selling well, which had Hogan on the cover. Then she prceeded to tell me that was her Husband. So, I thought it was cool, though I had seen Hogan in there before. About a few hours later I got a call from some girl saying her Mom was in earlier and bought a Gamecube, so I knew it was Hogans Daughter, and she asked me to put the rest on hold and her and her Dad would come in to get them. She was like "can you put them on hold under my Dad's name... Hulk Hogan?"

So I did, and they came in along with a couple other big guys who I didn't know. They were pretty quiet.

Another time I was working, and the day before Gran Turismo 3 came out, Hogan came in asking for it (in a louder, tough manner). I told him it wasn't coming in until tomorrow, and he said "I know you have it back there- I'm gonna bust that door down!" referring to out stockroom door. I laughed and opened the door to show him we indeed did not have it in yet. He left grumpy.

Other times, we had The Rock come in and not say a word, and Macho Man, who I wasn't there for.

Anyways, Hogan had a home on Clearwater Beach, which is why he showed up from time to time.

13. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I actually know Pipper better from They Live, than from wrestling. Still, I remember watching him have battles of the wits with Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Heenan was outclassed to the point of being unarmed.

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    He's a wrestler from the 80's, it's no wonder you haven't heard of him.

15. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    :useless 

16. ArmadaJetfire

I know I know! The pic is stuck on my cell phone.....got to figure out how to get it off of there

17. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've met a couple wrestlers, but my favorite was meeting Chris Jericho. My other three favorite celebrity encounters were 'Weird Al' Yankovic, Jerry Springer, and Maria Shriver.

Least favorite was when some 2nd rate rapper came into a movie theatre I'd recently started working for, expecting free tickets for himself and his entourage since he appeared for almost three seconds in a movie. So, he's the one wearing the bling, and I was the minimum wage slave, but I'm supposed to risk my job and let him in for free? Right. He paid, but said he was 'gonna talk to management about dis.'

18. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

Was piper there to fix the computers??? LOL

he lives in portland OR and everyonce in awhile you can run into him while out there. I have seen him around a few times. He is a sucessful computer programer now. I believe he runs his own computer repair bussiness in portland.

So yeah from wrestling superstar to a computer repair guy...
    I hated him with a passion growing up...So i like to know where my childhood enemys are.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Back in 2001, I worked at GameStop and an Ultimate Fighter game had just come out, and one of the guys on the cover came in the store and signed copies. I had no idea who he was, some people were like "OMG" ... I was like whatever, they pay me $6.50 to act interested in your life.

Nothing has changed, except I'm salary making much more than $6.50 an hour and not at GameStop.

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    honestly, the local celebs down here seem to be worse than the bigger national/worldwide celebs.
    okay, we had a guy who had a morning show (on at 5 am everyday) and a saturday fishing show. Red Holland. he was kooky on air and fun to watch, but was abrasive in person. he did a charity beauty contest and had nothing to do with anybody.

and another tv personality from his same tv station had a snoot full of snotty (tude) when she was in public. You bump into her at the mall and she didn't even like it when you were telling her to have a good day.

ugh.
    but i think it means alot that some of the big timers-wrestling or other things are down to earth.

i kinda wished I had met Andre the Giant, and possibly Captain Lou Albano. they just seemed- big in heart.