Heavy/Scratch: Oh lord...Here we go again!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Budokhan, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

Classics GLYPH wip

Hey Gang!

First, let me say how immensely fun it can be to be inspired by so many of you talented folks here, it truly is a blessing! :thumb  :bowdown: 

Secondly....For the love of all thats holy..you guys gotta stop giving me sooooooooo many great ideas!! :lolol  I'm havin a real hard time gettin anything finished before I get inspired to start something else!! :lol  Seriously tho, I've seen a few GLYPHs in recent months that made me wanna do one for myself. So, grabbin my tools & parts boxes, I got to it!

Originally, I had planned to use my 1/144 GN Archer to make a Slipstream but on looking at her again...I thought ....GLYPH! I even had a spare Throttlebot "GOLDBUG" body layin around to use for the body shell! The head is almost completely re-done to more resemble the G1 toy's lines while still being able ( I think ) to blend with the CHUG style that I've come to love so much. I may revise the face further tho, I think the mouth needs adjusted a bit...
    So, as you can see, shes still in the very early stages. I have figured out how shes gonna transform (mostly anyway) but there's still alot that needs done!

As always, comments & crits welcome!

Cheers!

~BK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Da new head:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[ EDIT ] Wanted to change the attached thumbnails to greyscale in order to give you guys a better idea of what a more "cohesive" look the end result will have!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  2. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    you've got some talent there dude... ...Awsome detailing that face!

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    :popcorn 

4. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

where's your arcee?!

5. Budokhan

Thanks very much!

:D  :thumbs2: 

Ummmmmmm.........she's off for a trip to the Spa? :wink: 

6. scottie_bee

scottie_bee Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree with you about the mouth, its seems a little off from the front, maybe try having the lips closed?

Otherwise, its off to a great start, cant wait to see it finished!

7. Budokhan

Hey SB!
    That was my thought exactly about the mouth! The inherent problem with sculpting in that scale, even with optivisors, is that the face is sooo small that its kinda hard to get a good read on it til after you "think" your finished. Which, as in this case, isn't always true! :eek: 

Thx for the good crit tho, much appreciated :D  & thx too for the compliment! :thumbs2: 

Cheers!

~BK

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Did you finish Wheelie?!!?

Also, this looks off to an awesome start!

9. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I like were this is going!

10. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Holy wow! I love how the car forms a backpack that actually looks like a backpack unlike most TFs. :) 

It's always awesome to see fembots get custom made bodies rather than just repaint really broad shouldered male characters!

11. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    I'm totally digging this. I can't wait to see the final product!

What's the base for her helmet?

12. Budokhan

heheh.... Still workin' on Wheelie...........& Arcee & Beachcomber & Skids & Groundshaker, an.... etc,etc... Is it just me or do I really really like to make things hard on myself? :lol 

And thanks for the compliment! :D 

Thanks! I'm quite happy so far with how shes turning out myself!

I was really happy that her "backpack" came out that way too, & your right, too many TFs have that overly-bulky back kibble thing goin on. That's always been a sore point with me on TFs, designers need to think "outta the box" sometimes to make the back of the figure as visually appealing as the front I think, seems like either they don't much care to or just can't for whatever reason.

On the Fembot issue, I agree completely! If its a Fembot, It should have feminine proportions right? The "Female bodybuilder" thing with Fembot TFs always struck me as odd too! Slapping a female head on male body just looks... well.....weird!

Let ya in on a little secret...next up for my fembots, after Arcee an Glyph of course is this lady:
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/budokhan/Transformers/ITN/ITN-01.jpg
    & because she has no alternate mode, I can get totally Medieval on her ass with the articulation! :ev:  I'm talkin' "Microman & Revoltech" style crazy, ya dig?

Thanks! I think she gonna be super-cool when done!

The base of the helmet is, or rather, was the original kit head just very heavily modified! There's really not very much left of the original lines of it & GLYPH's new face is sculpted entirely over the original kit face which is still there, it's just buried under sculptor's wax! All the rest is carved & shaped bits of styrene sheet & rod and some Apoxie Sculpt to add bulk!

Hope that helps a bit!

Cheers!

~BK

13. nicholsG1

nicholsG1 Lord of Mini-Bots

DUDE.......................I want one.

14. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Homagawd Nightbird! I've got a non-Transforming TF custom that's been put aside at the moment, but it really feels good to be able to forget about having to make sacrifices due to transformation and to just go to town with the detail and articulation. :D 

15. Budokhan

it does feel good to work without restraints doesn't it? :D 

So here's a couple of shots showing one initial mod to her, I photoshopped her arms so that they appeared more "proportionate" to the rest of her. Most likely, when I start this custom, this will be one of the first mods I make!

Non-shopped:

[​IMG]

Shopped:

[​IMG]

Its amazing how much of a difference removing just 3/8" of material can make, eh?

16. JazzBot95

JazzBot95 Well-Known Member

I love Glyph and what you've done with this! Only thing I'd say though is I think it might look a little better if you make the mouth a little bit smaller. Either way I still like it! I need more Glyph in my life D: