OH GOD IT HURTS! nice little story about my eye

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Altercron, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Word to the wise, NEVER put hydrogen peroxide or any hydrogen perxide solution into your eye.

Now, before you ask, no I was not trying to be cute, no I wasn't drunk, and no this wasn't the result of extreme boredom. Last summer I began having trouble with my eyes, eye infections and that sort of thing. We thought they were stemming from my contacts so I had them checked out. Turns out I was allergic to the solution that the optomitrists gave me when I got my contacts, so my actual eye doctor gave me a new kind of lens cleaning thingy. What it does is it utilizes a chemical reaction that turns hydrogen peroxide into saleen(? I think thats what it is). When you first begin using the stuff it takes the case about 6 hours to change it. And it gets progressivily longer each time you change the solution. Unfortunately, I forgot this and changhed the solution in the case when I got home very early Tuesday morning. Apparantly I have been using this case for awhile, because when I woke up about 10 hours later I popped a contact into my right eye. OWWWWWWWW

For about 6 hours, I had a perfect red circle on my eye, you could see where the contact had been setting off center of my iris. Its still pretty touchy right now, but no where near as bad.

2. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

That'll learn ya.

3. Altercron

theoretically

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    And that's why I'll never use conacts. :D 

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Saline is the word you are looking for, and yeaoch...

6. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Yup. Saline.

I bet you were using the AOSept system? The funky looking case, tablets you have to put in once a week? I used it for years, and hated it. I finally switched to the Renu no rub stuff, and now I spend five bucks once every two months on solution as opposed to $40 every two months.

The AOSept system was a pain. Half the time my eyes would be terribly light sensitive for an hour after putting my lenses in, to the point I couldn't even open my eyes outdoors. And the 6 hour limit was terrible. I love being able to take my lenses out, stick them in some Renu, and be able to put them back in in 20 mins if something comes up and I want to go back out.

Sorry to hear about your problems. See if they can recommend anything else for you.

AND NEVER EVER EVER EVER USE THE BOTTLE WITH THE RED TIP TO RINSE YOUR EYES. What a terrible mistake I made to learn that lesson.

7. Altercron

You're half right Jux, it's an AOSept system, but it doesn't use tablets, it just uses a clear solution, that turns into saline.