Officially past the due date...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trenner Dios, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

The due date for our baby was July 30th, which has come and gone, and still no baby. Now I know this isn't anything out of the ordinary...but it's still kinda stressful. It's like if the 25th of December was only the estimated date for Christmas.

My co-worker just told me, "That kid'll be with you forever. You might as well enjoy a few more days without him."

Which is totally true. The only problem is that my incredibly clingy/needy in-laws came up this weekend and are planning to stay until my wife has the baby. Originally it was just going to be her mom staying with us for a week after we had the baby. Somehow that turned into both my wife's parents coming up the day before the due date instead of waiting til we actually have the baby. So now I really want the baby to arrive so that my in-laws don't wear out their welcome and make me kick them out, because that will just cause all sorts of family drama that I don't want or need.

It would be nice if they were considerate of the wants and needs of others, instead of just their own all the time. I know I do that sometimes, but it's pretty much a lifestyle for them.

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I know all about family members overstaying their welcome. The best thing to do is to blow off steam wherever and whenever possible and just try to ride it out. Hope everything works out for you, man.

3. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Offer them a hotel room as the doctor said that you both should avoid ALL stress at the moment. Of course this could be moot as I am hoping to see a birth announcement soon, but give it a try. If possible get the doc to advise the in-laws'parents to leave to premisis until a few day after the birth. A modicum of subterfuge may be necessary for a safe and healthy mom and baby and daddy too!

Blessings!

4. Trenner Dios

Yeah, the thing is that I'm not even annoyed by them yet, but I know I won't be able to handle them being here for more than a week. I'm getting myself worked up because I know it will be an issue eventually.

The big problem is that my wife is clingy and needy too, so she was somehow able to justify her parents coming early and staying later; she enables them. Things could change once the baby comes, as we may both need our space and want to spend some personal time with the baby. I'm just not used to parents being so inconsiderate, since mine are like the exact opposite. Mine are fully supportive but understand we need our space, whereas her parents just want to relive raising children (at least her mom does) and don't really think about what we might want.

5. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have noisy sex with your wife - this may induce labour and may drive away the in-laws. Win-Win.

6. Trenner Dios

Great suggestion, but unfortunately they aren't that stuffy, and it wouldn't bother them much. We have tried inducing labor that way, but it didn't really work.

7. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least late is better than early. Hopefully when it does happen, it'll be quick. When I was born, it took 50+ hours.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Time to break out the plunger

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    First kid? Completely normal.

Or maybe you just have a lazy baby. Kid's gonna come out and expect you to do EVERYTHING for him. How selfish is that, right?

10. Fiy

Fiy Alien Velociraptor

News Credits:
    :lolol 

Anyway, early congrats to you, Trenner Dios.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You'll appreciate them there for their ability to let you take a catnap next week. We have had only ONE reliable visitor for the twins in their five months of life that was willing to send us away to catch some winks and be alone caring for them.

Most of our relatives and friends are cowards. :lol 

12. Trenner Dios

Yeah, I've talked to quite a few people who had week or 2 week late babies. It's just a bit stressful because of my wife taking her vacation prematurely (guess it's genetic!), and not knowing how long my in-laws will be staying. We also really do not want to have to induce labor if it's not absolutely necessary.

Well, that is why I wasn't opposed to them coming up and staying when we actually HAD the baby. But now I have the feeling that the baby won't come until this weekend, and they'll have either left because her mom can't use any more vacation days, or because I'm sick of them and kicked them out. Which would make their staying here for a week completely pointless.

BABBY GET HERE NAO

13. PrimeMom

PrimeMom Turn it on and turn it up

:wink: Family is! Remember the baby and your wife..the rest is just noise....Trust me once the baby is here everything goes away from your thoughts except the baby and your wife :thumb 

14. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Eh I was premature kid by a month. Spent that early release time in the hospital.

Think my mom appreciated not having to be bloated for a extra month but then again because of it I became quite costly. Guess it was trade off I was paid out for a month less of pregnancy lol

15. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

I work at a hospital and coworkers have told me to take home some stool softeners to help induce labor, we're expecting in October. Try some ex-lax, just be prepared to clean the baby off.

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Haha, you have to do that anyway, you know.

17. Trenner Dios

I don't know whether I should be grateful to the hospital for showing all poo-free birthing videos during our classes, or if I should be upset because now I'm unprepared for the possibility.

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Videos? Classes? You don't need that shit.

They even supply you with the scissors.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I suggest spending this extra time having fun.

20. Trenner Dios

I'm pretty sure it was mandatory. But I did learn a few things...which I'm pretty sure I've forgotten already.

That's the plan. The new volume of Mystery Science Theater was delivered today, so I plan on watching as many episodes as I can until baby arrives, much to the dismay of my in-laws who are not big fans of the show.

At home, the 4 of us mostly sit around playing video games; I reserve my complaining time for when I'm at work.