Official unofficial fan-universe idea, looking for opinions!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Galvanitro, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Hey, TFW2005 readers and writers of the world (and beyond!), I have a question for you all:

Suppose that a new fan-universe was created, using every existing universe as basis.

Writers:
    Would you be interested in doing stories in this universe?
    Would you want to work with other writers to do stories?

Readers:
    Would you like to read different fan-fic stories that take place in the new fan-universe based off of the others?

For example, a story written by one person in an episodic format chronicling an Earth team, and another story written by two people that takes place on Cybertron following two lone characters, both taking place in the same universe at the same time: would you be interested in reading these?

Both: What are your thoughts on this idea in general?

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well, I think that's a good idea.

I enjoy the idea of multiple fanfics written by fan authors connected to a single universe, it only enriches the fanfics [as the multiple styles of many authors in same universe would give us a lot of point of views], also allowing interesting storyarcs [For example, let's say that this fanfic introduces a big entity who steals the mind of the Transformers, in this way, we could show how this big entity affects each fanfic, thus creating a big awesome story-arc].

Great Idea.

3. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    @Overlord: Or, for that matter, just toss Unicron in and tell all of the characters in every story happening at that chrono date to deal with it.

The reason I'm asking was: In the next few weeks, I will be putting up a website that I've been working on for a fan-universe I've created. I wonder what it's designation is...*glances down at the signature* and I'd love if other writers wanted to get involved in it.

I have stories I need to get done before I could start organizing other writers for it, but I just wanted to throw the idea out there to see what the response is like.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well, Don't know about the rest of the forum, but you can count me in.